DATE: June 14, 2022
YOU ARE NOTIFIED that default has occurred in the conditions of the following described Mortgage:
INFORMATION REGARDING MORTGAGE TO BE FORECLOSED
1. Date of Mortgage: July 17, 2020
2. Mortgagors: Mindy Jones
3. Mortgagees: Economic Development Authority of the City of Harmony
4. Recording Information: Recorded on July 24, 2020, as Document Number 427736, in the Office of the County Recorder of Fillmore County, Minnesota.
5. Assignments of Mortgage, if any: None
INFORMATION REGARDING MORTGAGED PREMISES
6. Tax parcel identification number of the mortgaged premises: Parcel 1: 15.0326.000 and Parcel 2: 15.0327.000
7. Legal description of the mortgaged premises
Parcel 1: Part of Lot 1 in Maland Brothers Addition to the Village (now City) of Harmony, Commencing 34 feet North of the SW corner of said Lot 1, thence East 120 feet, thence North to (the former) right-of-way of C.M. and St. Paul Railway Company, thence in a Northwesterly direction along said right-of-way about 26 feet, thence West 98 feet, thence South 25 feet to beginning, located in the Village (now City) of Harmony, Minnesota.
Parcel 2: The North twenty-five (25) feet of the South eighty-four (84) feet of Lot One (1) in Maland Brothers Addition to City of Harmony.
8. The physical street address, city, and zip code of the mortgaged premises: Parcel 1: 108 Main Ave N, Harmony, MN 55939
Parcel 2: 114 Main Ave N, Harmony, MN 55939
OTHER FORECLOSURE DATA
9. The person holding the Mortgage: Economic Development Authority of the City of Harmony is not a transaction agent, as defined by Minn. Stat. 58.02, subd. 30. The name(s) of the commercial mortgage servicer and the lender or broker, as defined in Minn. Stat. 58.02, is Economic Development Authority of the City of Harmony.
10. If stated on the Mortgage, the name of the mortgage originator, as defined in Minn. Stat. 58.02, is Economic Development Authority of the City of Harmony.
INFORMATION REGARDING FORECLOSURE
11. The requisites of Minn. Stat. 580.02 have been satisfied.
12. The original principal amount secured by the Mortgage was $25,000.00.
13. At the date of this notice the amount due on the Mortgage, including taxes, if any, paid by the holder of the Mortgage, is: $21,508.10.
14. Pursuant to the power of sale in the Mortgage, the Mortgage will be foreclosed, and the mortgaged premises will be sold by the Sheriff of Fillmore County, Minnesota, at public auction on Thursday, September 1, 2022, at 10:00 a.m., at The Fillmore County
Courthouse, 101 Fillmore St E, Preston, MN 55965.
15. The time allowed by law for redemption by Mortgagor or Mortgagor’s personal representatives or assigns is 180 days after the date of sale.
16. Minn. Stat. 580.04(b) provides, “If the real estate is an owner-occupied, single-family dwelling, the notice must also specify the date on or before which the mortgagor must vacate the property if the mortgage is not reinstated under section 580.30 or the property redeemed under section 580.23.” If this statute applies, the time to vacate the property is 11:59 p.m. on: NOT APPLICABLE.
THE TIME ALLOWED BY LAW FOR REDEMPTION BY THE MORTGAGOR, THE MORTGAGOR’S PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS, MAY BE REDUCED TO FIVE WEEKS IF A JUDICIAL ORDER IS ENTERED UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 582.032, DETERMINING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE MORTGAGED PREMISES ARE IMPROVED WITH A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING OF LESS THAN FIVE UNITS, ARE NOT PROPERTY USED IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, AND ARE ABANDONED.
Name and address of Attorney for Mortgagee or Mortgage Assignee:
Nethercut Schieber Attorneys, P.A. Greg Schieber
32 Main Ave N PO Box 657
Harmony, MN 55939
(866) 576-3826 fax
Name of Mortgagee or Mortgage Assignee:
Economic Development Authority of the City of Harmony 225 3rd Ave SW PO Box 488 Harmony, MN 55939