Fillmore County Board Meeting
Summary of Minutes, 5-25-21
Fillmore County Board of Commissioners met in special session, Courthouse, Preston. Present: All members, Administrator/Clerk, other staff, citizens, and the press.
• Agenda , amended agenda, & Consent agenda
• (5/20/21) Commissioner Warrants total: $79,557.95
o 1 Source $3,681.37
o MN Dept of Transportation $4,274.81
o Fillmore County Auditor/Treasurer $3,170.75
o Avenu Insights & Analytics $6,224.20
o Broadwater, William John $3,269.00
o Erickson Engineering LLC $7,809.00
o Gingerich/ Ray J & Sadie J $3,367.67
o Hovey Oil Co Inc $15,360.68
o Liberty Tire Recycling LLC $2,586.72
• (05/12/21) Finance Warrants total: $3,854.93
o Fillmore Co Treasurer- CC/ACH $2,500.00
• (05/19/21) Finance Audit List total: $333,469.43
o CenturyLink $2,876.67
o Enterprise Fleet Management $7,200.69
o Fillmore Co Treasurer $2,344.86
o Marco – Phones $3,473.27
o Preston Public Utilities $9,118.60
o Croell, Inc 28,500.00
o Harter’s Trash & Recycling Inc. $13,799.81
• Brandon Schad, DNR was present. The Board approved the request from Pheasants
Forever (Tri-County chapter) to purchase approximately 15 acres of native prairie and
wetland for addition to the Beaver Creek Wildlife Management Area
• Jason McCaslin, County Assessor was present. The Board approved the request to
purchase updated GIS tool from Pro-West & Associates in the amount of $1,302.05
with an annual maintenance fee of $850.00 per year.
• Jessica Erickson, Director of Nursing was present. The Board approved the purchase
of sit-stand desks in the amount of $8,500.00 from Beckley’s Office Products. The
Board also approved the purchase of office chairs in the amount of $9,463.00 from
Schmidt Goodman Office Products, Inc.
• Ron Gregg and Brent Kohn were present. The Board approved the Airport
Coronavirus Response Grant in the amount of $13,000.00 federal reimbursement.
• The Board approved Work Order #3 with SEH for T Hangar construction
• 2021 – 2024 MNDOT construction map was provided by Commissioner Bakke.
• Highway report was given by Commissioner Bakke. Reviewed completed and
• Reviewed Livestock Pass Policy.
• Board voted to bring back a second reading of the ID Card policy.
• Board voted to bring back a second reading of the Purchasing by Credit Card policy.
• Board voted to bring back a second reading of the Reimbursed Expenses policy.
• Board approved the request to hire Brooke Harmening as a replacement Accounting
technician effective 6/1/21.
• Board approved to transfer Sarah Kohn from Property Appraiser to Accounting
Technician in the Auditor-Treasurer department effective 6/7/21.
• Board approved to advertise for replacement Property Appraiser.
• Board approved to transfer Gretchen Schwichtenberg from Office Support Specialist,
Sr. to Child Support Officer effective 6/1/21.
• Board approved to advertise internally and externally simultaneously for replacement
Office Support Specialist, Sr.
• Board approved to extend Phased Retirement Agreement with Deb Jeffers, Paralegal
• Board unanimously approved resolution 2021-024 Snowmobile Trail Agreements
with Minnesota DNR.
• Hillery noted for the Feedlot/ Zoning Technician/ GIS that GIS is contracted with
Schneider Geospatial with the existing contract. Commissioner Bakke noted that the
SWCD will temporarily take on the feedlot piece and that zoning administrator,
Adkins, is working to use contractors for septic inspections and soil verifications. It
was noted that this is for temporary coverage and a request to hire will be coming
back before the board.
• Hillery provided a review of the existing website with changes regarding added EDA
features. She noted that the only request at this time that was unable to be
implemented is the buildings for sale and business listing.
This is a summary. The Official County Board minutes are on file and available in the Fillmore County Courthouse. Any questions should be directed to Bobbie Hillery, County Administrator/Clerk at 507-765-4566.