10th Annual Tasty Temptations
Cooking Competition and Cookbook
Calling all the Best Cooks of Bluff Country!
The Fillmore County Journal is sponsoring a cooking competition during the Preston Fall Expo from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, October 26, 2019, where contestants who bring their prepared dish in for tasting and judging will be eligible to win prizes.
There will be winners for the top three recipes in each category.
If you are not able to attend the contest but still want to share your favorite recipes, you can submit your recipes to be published in the “Best Cooks of Bluff Country” 2019 Tasty Temptations cookbook.
Recipes submitted, but not prepared and brought to the cooking competition are not eligible for prizes.
The recipe categories are:
- Appetizers & Beverages
- Soups, Salads, & Vegetables
- Main Dishes & Casseroles
- Meat, Poultry, & Seafood
- Breads & Rolls
- Pies, Pastries, & Desserts
- Bars, Cakes, Cookies, & Candy
- Dips, Sauces, & Spreads
- Special Diet
(i.e. gluten-free, egg-free, shellﬁsh-free, peanut-free, dairy-free, etc.)
Contestants who bring their prepared dish to the cooking contest are eligible to win the following:
TOTAL CONTEST PAYOUT OF $630
in gift certificates to the top three winners in each category just in time for the holidays to spend at Harmony Foods, Preston Foods and Rushford Foods.
Participants may win in more than one category.
The judges will conduct their taste test, and the following prizes will be awarded per category:
- 1st Place will receive a $40 gift certificate
- 2nd Place will receive a $20 gift certificate
- 3rd Place will receive a $10 gift certificate
- All contestants who bring in their dish for tasting and judging will be entered into a drawing to win the KitchenAid Mixer.
All recipes submitted will be published in the November 11, 2019,
“Best Cooks of Bluff Country” 2019 Tasty Temptations cookbook.
- Participants may enter one recipe per category based on the categories listed above.
- No purchase required.
- You can submit your recipe by any of the following:
- Submit online (below) – Deadline is noon on October 18, 2019.
- Mail original entry form to: Fillmore County Journal, P.O. Box 496, Preston, MN, 55965.
Postmarked by October 18, 2019 Download the entry form here.
- Bring original entry form to the Fillmore County Journal office: 136 St. Anthony St., Preston – deadline is noon on October 18, 2019.
Download the entry form here.
- Entries must be received at the Fillmore County Journal ofﬁce no later than October 18, 2019.
- Businesses excluded from contest, residential only. Employees of Sethre Media Group, Inc. and Rush Foods are excluded from this drawing.
- Recipe judging and taste testing to be held at the Preston Fall Expo at Fillmore Central Elementary School on Saturday, October 26, 2019 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The top three recipes of each category will be recognized in the November 11, 2019 “Best Cooks of Bluff Country” 2019 Tasty Temptations cookbook.
Submit your recipe online with the following form.
One recipe per category. Separate submission needed for each recipe.