"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, August 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 24th, 2011
Posted in Ask the Expert
Posted in Ask the Expert
Many opportunities will come from this market for the buyers that step in and take advantage. You have to live somewhere and in this market owning can actually be the same or cheaper than renting.
Here are six good reasons to make your move now:
1) You can get a great deal - Will prices fall further? Sure they could. It's difficult to predict the bottom. IF you think prices will drop another 5%, simply make your offer 5% less today. Sellers want to know what buyers are thinking. Lower home prices give buyers the opportunity to get more for their money.
2) Historically Low Interest rates - lowest on record since 1971. If inflation picks up, you won't see these mortgage rates again in your lifetime! If they drop, simply refinance to the lower rate. Low rates give buyers more purchase power.
For example: $100,000 at 4.83% / 30 yrs. is approx. $526 PI payment monthly. $100,000 at 6.5% / 30 yrs. is approx. $632 PI monthly.
In order to keep the same house payment of $526 monthly when interest is 6.5% the buyer would have to drop his purchase price to $83,500 more than likely getting less home for the money.
3) Income Tax Deduction -Mortgage Interest & your property real estate tax is deductible.
4) Inflation Protection - A fixed rate loan locks your payment amount for the life of the loan, offering protection from inflating interest rates and out of control payments.
6) Equity /Savings - Real estate is the most important investment most of us will make in our lifetime. IF you are not selling in this market than you will not loose anything, stay put, make your payments and ride out the storm; wait for the market to recover. Nothing is lost unless you bail. If you are purchasing now, your gain will be the low pricing, the low interest rates and time is on your side.
Nothing ventured, Nothing Gained, The only thing lost is opportunity.
25 Center St. W, Harmony, MN 55939
Toll Free: 888-839-2142