"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 24th, 2011
Posted in Ask the Expert
Posted in Ask the Expert
Many opportunities will come from this market for the buyers that step in and take advantage. You have to live somewhere and in this market owning can actually be the same or cheaper than renting.
Here are six good reasons to make your move now:
1) You can get a great deal - Will prices fall further? Sure they could. It's difficult to predict the bottom. IF you think prices will drop another 5%, simply make your offer 5% less today. Sellers want to know what buyers are thinking. Lower home prices give buyers the opportunity to get more for their money.
2) Historically Low Interest rates - lowest on record since 1971. If inflation picks up, you won't see these mortgage rates again in your lifetime! If they drop, simply refinance to the lower rate. Low rates give buyers more purchase power.
For example: $100,000 at 4.83% / 30 yrs. is approx. $526 PI payment monthly. $100,000 at 6.5% / 30 yrs. is approx. $632 PI monthly.
In order to keep the same house payment of $526 monthly when interest is 6.5% the buyer would have to drop his purchase price to $83,500 more than likely getting less home for the money.
3) Income Tax Deduction -Mortgage Interest & your property real estate tax is deductible.
4) Inflation Protection - A fixed rate loan locks your payment amount for the life of the loan, offering protection from inflating interest rates and out of control payments.
6) Equity /Savings - Real estate is the most important investment most of us will make in our lifetime. IF you are not selling in this market than you will not loose anything, stay put, make your payments and ride out the storm; wait for the market to recover. Nothing is lost unless you bail. If you are purchasing now, your gain will be the low pricing, the low interest rates and time is on your side.
Nothing ventured, Nothing Gained, The only thing lost is opportunity.
25 Center St. W, Harmony, MN 55939
Toll Free: 888-839-2142