"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, February 11th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:39:33, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - Hawkeye Also your blind devotion to Fox News. Did it ever occur to you that ... [Read More]
- 2:26:35, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye 63 And your blind loyalty to anything and anybody to the far right ... [Read More]
- 1:44:23, Feb 9th 2016 - Taylor - @Rushford Man...you have a problem with me? Bring to me personally instead of ... [Read More]
- 1:16:28, Feb 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, You are correct when you state the negative comments were mostly f ... [Read More]
- 11:31:59, Feb 9th 2016 - Rushford Man says - I am willing to pay more taxes for the new school. It will bene ... [Read More]
- 11:16:55, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 I don't know how I can get you to address the main point of the a ... [Read More]
- 10:37:19, Feb 9th 2016 - @says - Quit whining. I would say the value of your farm / land has dramatically inc ... [Read More]
- 2:15:57, Feb 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - . SV 85, all your insults are for nothing. My skin is too thick to worry a ... [Read More]
- 7:28:40, Feb 8th 2016 - - In response to the free lifejackets. That would mean you are offering a way out for ... [Read More]
- 5:30:25, Feb 8th 2016 - wow - About time u r thinking of a parking lot! and another thing. U CAN'T reserve par ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 24th, 2011
Posted in Ask the Expert
Posted in Ask the Expert
Many opportunities will come from this market for the buyers that step in and take advantage. You have to live somewhere and in this market owning can actually be the same or cheaper than renting.
Here are six good reasons to make your move now:
1) You can get a great deal - Will prices fall further? Sure they could. It's difficult to predict the bottom. IF you think prices will drop another 5%, simply make your offer 5% less today. Sellers want to know what buyers are thinking. Lower home prices give buyers the opportunity to get more for their money.
2) Historically Low Interest rates - lowest on record since 1971. If inflation picks up, you won't see these mortgage rates again in your lifetime! If they drop, simply refinance to the lower rate. Low rates give buyers more purchase power.
For example: $100,000 at 4.83% / 30 yrs. is approx. $526 PI payment monthly. $100,000 at 6.5% / 30 yrs. is approx. $632 PI monthly.
In order to keep the same house payment of $526 monthly when interest is 6.5% the buyer would have to drop his purchase price to $83,500 more than likely getting less home for the money.
3) Income Tax Deduction -Mortgage Interest & your property real estate tax is deductible.
4) Inflation Protection - A fixed rate loan locks your payment amount for the life of the loan, offering protection from inflating interest rates and out of control payments.
6) Equity /Savings - Real estate is the most important investment most of us will make in our lifetime. IF you are not selling in this market than you will not loose anything, stay put, make your payments and ride out the storm; wait for the market to recover. Nothing is lost unless you bail. If you are purchasing now, your gain will be the low pricing, the low interest rates and time is on your side.
Nothing ventured, Nothing Gained, The only thing lost is opportunity.
25 Center St. W, Harmony, MN 55939
Toll Free: 888-839-2142