"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, November 25th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 6:09:45, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - All of those funds have been triple audited, and by people who have a ... [Read More]
- 3:40:51, Nov 24th 2015 - James1952 - I can't find anywhere that Mr. Gudmundson was guilty of plagiarism. What ... [Read More]
- 12:12:31, Nov 24th 2015 - Repairing Kingsland will take years - The first step is to get rid of useless McDona ... [Read More]
- 11:22:40, Nov 24th 2015 - @Wykoff Stays - Good to hear that your so upbeat about the Wykoff school staying ope ... [Read More]
- 9:40:41, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - I don't have blind fatih in Stan, he's been proven wrong too many time ... [Read More]
- 9:14:55, Nov 24th 2015 - James1952 - Just like it did the vote yes group. Stan has laid the facts out there fr ... [Read More]
- 8:07:04, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - It was well known FACT going into the 2002 vote. But as we have seen ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 24th, 2011
Posted in Ask the Expert
Posted in Ask the Expert
Many opportunities will come from this market for the buyers that step in and take advantage. You have to live somewhere and in this market owning can actually be the same or cheaper than renting.
Here are six good reasons to make your move now:
1) You can get a great deal - Will prices fall further? Sure they could. It's difficult to predict the bottom. IF you think prices will drop another 5%, simply make your offer 5% less today. Sellers want to know what buyers are thinking. Lower home prices give buyers the opportunity to get more for their money.
2) Historically Low Interest rates - lowest on record since 1971. If inflation picks up, you won't see these mortgage rates again in your lifetime! If they drop, simply refinance to the lower rate. Low rates give buyers more purchase power.
For example: $100,000 at 4.83% / 30 yrs. is approx. $526 PI payment monthly. $100,000 at 6.5% / 30 yrs. is approx. $632 PI monthly.
In order to keep the same house payment of $526 monthly when interest is 6.5% the buyer would have to drop his purchase price to $83,500 more than likely getting less home for the money.
3) Income Tax Deduction -Mortgage Interest & your property real estate tax is deductible.
4) Inflation Protection - A fixed rate loan locks your payment amount for the life of the loan, offering protection from inflating interest rates and out of control payments.
6) Equity /Savings - Real estate is the most important investment most of us will make in our lifetime. IF you are not selling in this market than you will not loose anything, stay put, make your payments and ride out the storm; wait for the market to recover. Nothing is lost unless you bail. If you are purchasing now, your gain will be the low pricing, the low interest rates and time is on your side.
Nothing ventured, Nothing Gained, The only thing lost is opportunity.
25 Center St. W, Harmony, MN 55939
Toll Free: 888-839-2142