Boots & Badges
Letterwerks Sign City
"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Online Edition
Saturday, December 3rd, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞

Fillmore County District Court

Fri, Jul 29th, 2011
Posted in Court

On July 25, Tyler Edwin Stork, age 27, of Harmony, made a first appearance before Judge Robert Benson in the Fillmore County Court. Stork was charged with two counts of theft, each carrying a maximum sentence of 20 years, $200,000, or both. He was also charged with one count of receiving stolen property, with a maximum penalty of 20 years in jail, $200,000, or both, and carrying a handgun without a permit. In April 2011, Stork reported being assaulted and having two guns stolen from his possession. When one of the guns was found, police discovered it was registered to a man from Canton. The other gun was registered to yet another person from Canton. Stork claimed he bought one of the guns from someone in Harmony, and denied stealing them. He did not know the name of the person who sold it to him and had no paperwork for the sale. The two people from Canton reported their guns stolen. Stork does not have a permit to carry a handgun. Stork was released on $50,000 unconditional bail, must not have contact with the victims or their families, must remain law-abiding, and must not possess any firearms. His next court appearance is August 11, 2011.

Also appearing before Judge Benson on July 25 was Isaac James Crawford, age 18, of Mabel, MN. Crawford was charged with three counts of theft of a motor vehicle, with a maximum penalty of 20 years in jail, $100,000 or both. He was also charged with burglary, damage to property, driving while intoxicated, driving after a license suspension, consumption of alcohol under age 21, and possession of alcohol under age 21. Crawford was arrested when Preston Police Officer Steve Garrett came upon a crash scene. Crawford allegedly drove his truck into a ditch and attempted to use someone's grain truck to get it out. When the grain truck became stuck, he found a Case Loader to try to get his truck out. His blood alcohol level at the time police found him was .174. It was discovered the grain truck was from a local swine farm, and had sustained damages. The Case loader was taken from Root River Hardwoods. Crawford was released on $20,000 unconditional bail, must submit to drug and alcohol testing, and have electronic home monitoring. His next court appearance is August 15, 2011.

No Comments Yet. Be the first to comment!

Your comment submission is also an acknowledgement that this information may be reprinted in other formats such as the newspaper.

Foods Weekly Ads
Studio A Photography