"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, August 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:55:06, Aug 31st 2015 - LOLZ - Ever notice how the most ignorant people are always the most vocal? ... [Read More]
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
Question - I know what I want to say about my business, why should I look for assistance when designing an ad?
Mon, Aug 29th, 2011
Posted in Ask the Expert
Posted in Ask the Expert
Answer - Most people have an excellent idea of what they want to show and say in their ads. There have been years of research and results tracking that can help produce the most effective presentation of your message. The who, what, when, where, why are basic to an ad but placement and presentation are key. I have looked at many ads and have been frustrated by not seeing a prominent name or address or phone number or email address. Some ads will spend the majority of space describing how beautiful their location is and then not include a map and directions. People naturally become frustrated when they can't find the information they want and then they move on.
There are some basic proven facts about ads that are universal. The eyes will instinctively move to a full color glossy advertisement. Reticular activators in the brain will quickly focus on an ad that clearly shows desired content. This phenomenon is evident when you are looking for a different model of car. You will notice many more of that model car on the road than ever before.
When placing advertising it is always best to consult a professional.