"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
Question - I know what I want to say about my business, why should I look for assistance when designing an ad?
Mon, Aug 29th, 2011
Posted in Ask the Expert
Posted in Ask the Expert
Answer - Most people have an excellent idea of what they want to show and say in their ads. There have been years of research and results tracking that can help produce the most effective presentation of your message. The who, what, when, where, why are basic to an ad but placement and presentation are key. I have looked at many ads and have been frustrated by not seeing a prominent name or address or phone number or email address. Some ads will spend the majority of space describing how beautiful their location is and then not include a map and directions. People naturally become frustrated when they can't find the information they want and then they move on.
There are some basic proven facts about ads that are universal. The eyes will instinctively move to a full color glossy advertisement. Reticular activators in the brain will quickly focus on an ad that clearly shows desired content. This phenomenon is evident when you are looking for a different model of car. You will notice many more of that model car on the road than ever before.
When placing advertising it is always best to consult a professional.