"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, September 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
Mon, Mar 16th, 2009
Posted in Government
Posted in Government
The meeting of the Spring Valley City Council on Monday night lasted a total of 12 minutes before adjourning.
Performing Arts Center
What could be a major step for the Arts in Spring Valley was discussed at the Council meeting. The Council was asked for a resolution supporting the efforts of the Brave Community Theater in securing funding for a Performing Arts Center. The funding will come from a 3/8 % sales tax increase that Minnesota voters approved in November 2008. Of the funds generated from the sales tax 19.75% are designated for Arts and Cultural Heritage. State Representative Greg Davids has encouraged the members of the Brave Community Theater to begin planning now even though it might take several years down the line to complete.
In conversations with Rita Hartert, member of the Brave Community Theater she indicated that the group is in the very preliminary stages of this project and that they are coming up with a timeline and examining different options of long term funding through a business plan.
New Fire Truck Discussion
One of the major items on the agenda was the discussion of purchase for a new fire truck. City Administrator Deb Zimmer said that the City Council should be looking for ways to set aside funds over the next five years so a new fire truck can be purchased on a five year cycle. Zimmer indicated that a goal of "40 to 50 thousand per year set aside would be appropriate." Fire Chief Troy Lange is in the process of putting together a plan for the new equipment. He was not present at the meeting.
Two more EMT's have been added to the roster of Spring Valley Area Ambulance pending the outcome of background checks. One person is from Stewartville and the other from Rochester. They will be staying in Spring Valley when they are on call. With the approval of two new members there will be a total of 28 people in the Department with a goal of 30.
New Meeting Times
There will be a change in the meeting times of the Council starting at the next meeting. Members will begin their meeting at 6pm rather than 7pm.