Boots & Badges
Letterwerks Sign City
"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Online Edition
Tuesday, December 6th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞

Federal Energy Tax Credit Q & A

Fri, Oct 16th, 2009
Posted in Government

Question: Which products are eligible for a tax credits for energy efficient home improvements? Are they available for new construction also? What about vacation homes? Rental properties?

Answer: Tax credits are available at 30% of the cost, up to $1,500 total, in 2009 & 2010 (ONLY for existing homes, NOT new construction, that are your principle residence) for:

· Windows and Doors (including sliding glass doors, garage doors, storm doors and storm windows)

· Insulation

· Roofs (Metal and Asphalt)

· HVAC (See these FAQs: Central Air Conditioners, Air Source Heat Pumps, Furnaces and Boilers)

· Water Heaters (non-solar)

· Biomass Stoves

Tax credits are available at 30% of the cost, with no upper limit, through 2016 (for existing homes & new construction - it does not have to be your principle residence, vacation homes are eligible, see this FAQ on rentals) for:

· Geothermal Heat Pumps

· Solar Panels

· Solar Water Heater

· Small Wind Energy Systems

Tax credits are available at 30% of the cost, up to $500 per .5 kW of power capacity, through 2016 (for your existing principle residence or new construction that will be your principle residence, DOES NOT include vacation homes) for:

* Fuel Cells

Renters are not eligible for any of the tax credits.

No Comments Yet. Be the first to comment!

Your comment submission is also an acknowledgement that this information may be reprinted in other formats such as the newspaper.

Foods Weekly Ads
Studio A Photography