Boots & Badges
Letterwerks Sign City
"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Online Edition
Saturday, December 3rd, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞

Farm Service Agency News - November 16, 2009

Tue, Nov 10th, 2009
Posted in Agriculture

Final Payments for 2009 DCP

Enrolled producers can expect their final direct payment to be deposited directly into personal bank accounts sometime during October. Payments are being issued in a different process this year which is going to take awhile longer. Payments will not be issued the first week of October, instead the payments should be issued by the first week in November.

Producers who did not elect to receive an advance direct payment will receive their entire direct payment for the year in one lump sum after the end of the government's fiscal year (Sept. 30).

The direct payment for a crop equals 85 percent of the farm's base acreage times (x) the farm's direct payment yield times (x) the direct payment rate.

If there are any unearned payments, Commodity Credit Corporation will automatically subtract those amounts from the final Direct and Counter-cyclical Program payments you are about to receive.

Producers who are enrolled in the ACRE program will also receive final direct payments at the 80 percent payment rate.


We are in the process of making the FY2009 annual CRP rental payments. We expect to have all payments issued by October 31, 2009. The payment process is different this year and is taking longer to process the payments. If you do not receive your payment by the end of October, please give us a call at 507 765-3892.

Emergency Livestock Assistance Program (ELAP)

ELAP provides compensation to eligible producers of livestock, honey bees, and farm-raised fish for losses due to disease, adverse weather, or other loss conditions, including losses due to blizzards and wildfires. ELAP is for losses that are not covered by Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP), Livestock Forage Disaster Program (LFP), or Supplemental Revenue Assistance Program (SURE).

Eligible producers under ELAP may receive assistance for losses that occur on or after January 1, 2008, and before October 1, 2011, during the calendar year in which the loss occurs. Eligible losses include feed losses, physical losses and additional costs incurred in providing feed to eligible livestock.

There are two parts to the ELAP application process:

1. A notice of loss

2. Application for payment

An application for payment cannot be filed without a notice of loss.

Signup for producers with eligible losses during 2008 and 2009 began September 14, 2009. Producers who suffered losses in calendar in the year 2008 must provide a notice of loss and application for payment to their administrative county office no later than December 14, 2009. An application for payment shall be filed no later than January 30, 2010.

Producers who suffer losses September 14, 2009, through December 31, 2009, shall file a notice of loss within 30 days of when the loss is apparent to the participant, but no later than January 30, 2010.

There are no late filed provisions for ELAP. Producers with eligible losses must timely file an acreage report on grazing land acres, honey bee colonies and farm-raised fish pond acres.

Eligible physical losses of honey bees and honey bee hives lost due to adverse weather or loss conditions are eligible under ELAP. Producers will be required to provide documentation of beginning and ending inventory of honey bee colonies when claiming a physical loss of honey bees or honey bee hives. Physical losses will be compensated at 60 percent of the actual replacement cost of the honey bees or honey bee hives.

Additional ELAP information is available at FSA county offices or on line at

Nondiscrimination Statement 18 AO (REV.2), Par. 67-69

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital status or family status. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact USDA's Target Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TDD).

To file a complaint of discrimination write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 and Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice or TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer."

No Comments Yet. Be the first to comment!

Your comment submission is also an acknowledgement that this information may be reprinted in other formats such as the newspaper.

Foods Weekly Ads
Studio A Photography