- 9:41:05, Nov 27th 2015 - WoW - As a long time reader of your paper I think it should stay how it is. It's a ch ... [Read More]
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
Posted in Mabel Health & Wellness
Kirsten Wyffels, DNP, (pictured) provides family medicine care in the Mabel Clinic along with Kathy Petersburg, ARNP; SueAnn Kinneberg, Clinic Assistant; and Mindy Osmonson, Health Unit Coordinator. The community is invited to meet the Mabel Clinic staff at their one-year anniversary open house on Friday, July 11 from12 noon – 3 p.m.
Winneshiek Medical Center’s Mabel Clinic expanded in July of 2013 to provide daily access to family medicine services. Mabel’s own Kirsten Wyffels, Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), joined Kathy Petersburg, ARNP, to provide care for people in the Hesper-Mabel area, Spring Grove, and southern Fillmore County. Wyffels said, “I am so grateful for the opportunity to provide health care for my community and I have thoroughly enjoyed my first year at Winneshiek Medical Center-Mabel Clinic. Our team looks forward to lasting relationships with the citizens of Mabel and the surrounding communities, and providing continued access to quality health care.”
The Mabel Clinic provides family medicine services such as well child exams, athletic physicals, well-woman exams, care for chronic illness like diabetes, hypertension or COPD; immunizations, wellness labs, strep tests and offer same day appointments for illness. Additionally, Mabel Clinic provides DOT exams and care for work-related injuries. Medical direction for Winneshiek Medical Center is provided by Mayo Clinic Health System. Wyffels said, “The growth that Mabel Clinic has experienced in the past year has been remarkable. Thank you to the community for embracing the Mabel Clinic; it is an honor.”
Mabel Clinic providers work together with Mayo Clinic Health System specialists in Decorah - and in times of greatest need, with Mayo Clinic Health System specialists in Rochester and La Crosse - to provide patients with the quality care they need to be well. For an appointment at the WMC Mabel Clinic, call 507-493-5115.