Letterwerks Sign City
"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Online Edition
Thursday, July 28th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞

May I lawfully transfer a firearm to a friend who resides in a different State or have a firearm transferred to me from another state?

Tue, May 27th, 2014
Posted in All Ask the Expert

Under Federal law, an unlicensed individual (Not a Firearms Dealer) is prohibited from transferring a firearm to an individual who does not reside in the state where the transferee resides. For a person to lawfully transfer a firearm to an unlicensed person who resides out of state, the firearm must be shipped to a Licensed Dealer (FFL) within the recipient’s state of residence. You may then receive the firearm from the FFL upon completion of an ATF Form 4473 and a NICS background check, most Licensed Dealers charge a small fee for this service. The Gun Control Act provides an exception from this prohibition for temporary loans or rentals of firearms for lawful sporting purposes. Contact Trigger Time Firearms, LLC for assistance with your firearms transfers.

No Comments Yet. Be the first to comment!

Your comment submission is also an acknowledgement that this information may be reprinted in other formats such as the newspaper.