Letterwerks Sign City
"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Online Edition
Tuesday, October 25th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞

What if we both want to get divorced?

By Matt Kirkpatrick

Fri, Mar 28th, 2014
Posted in All Ask the Expert

Often times, people think of divorce as one spouse wanting to get out of a marriage, and the other spouse not wanting to get out of the marriage. Then, one spouse serves the other spouse with a petition and commences the process. However, there are other situations where both spouses have tried to work out the differences that have arisen and have decided they both want a divorce. In these other situations, especially when there is little or no dispute about division of property or even custody of the children, a joint petition may be the most cost effective, most expedient, and frankly least emotionally taxing route to obtaining a divorce. Joint petition forms are available at www.mncourts.gov. Upon reviewing the forms, if you have any questions or wish to discuss further, we’re happy to help.

No Comments Yet. Be the first to comment!

Your comment submission is also an acknowledgement that this information may be reprinted in other formats such as the newspaper.