"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Mar 28th, 2014
Posted in All Ask the Expert
Posted in All Ask the Expert
When I get asked this question, the first thing that comes to my mind is that most days I put on boots when I go to work. When dealing with properties that entail acreages, what drives the market value can be significantly different compared to a home on a city lot. In the case of rural properties, the value of land or the attributes associated with the land are often the primary points of interest for potential buyers. To maximize your value when buying or selling, the attributes of the land must be available and appropriately showcased or featured. On rural property we could be talking about wildlife, farming, hunting, fishing or the ability to build a home on a given property. This is where my skill set and appreciation of the outdoors and country come into play. Having grown up in the hills and valleys of southeastern Minnesota, I am intimately familiar with the landscape and way of life. Some of the most basic tools are providing aerial maps, topographic maps, survey maps and soils maps for a given property. But, more importantly I invite the potential buyer on a guided tour of the entire property. It gets a little more challenging given that terrain and weather are not always cooperative. Again this is when specialized service comes into play. Where permitted, I use an all-terrain vehicle that can seat up to six adults, to get the customers out onto the land in a comfortable and timely manner. Showing properties through the winter such as the one we just had, was truly a challenge and required that I supply snowshoes and snowmobiles. What it really comes down to is if you are in the market to buy or sell rural property, make sure you are getting the service you deserve. Please check out our website at www.WeissChoice.com to see our approach to real estate.