- 4:40:26, Oct 21st 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @What? On the contrary, it does take commitment to undermine legisl ... [Read More]
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
- 1:03:04, Oct 20th 2016 - Tuner - Davids working to lower health care prices is a joke... He is working in inte ... [Read More]
- 11:04:10, Oct 19th 2016 - - weird, he is concerned about the budget but two members of the council tried nume ... [Read More]
- 3:15:21, Oct 19th 2016 - Please not again! - I wish he would have said how he spent all of the First Responder ... [Read More]
- 3:09:30, Oct 19th 2016 - What? - I don't think anyone needs to be committed to undermine MNsure. It is a joke ... [Read More]
- 1:50:43, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - A reminder: Jesus hung out with and accepted prostitutes and thieves. Discr ... [Read More]
- 1:41:12, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - This is spot on. We need new leadership! Leadership that will work for the ... [Read More]
- 9:01:06, Oct 19th 2016 - email@example.com - I just want to thank these wonderful people for coming t ... [Read More]
- 4:22:41, Oct 17th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - I don't see how this view differs from Davids' opponent, Thomas Trehus. ... [Read More]
Posted in All Agriculture
The Fillmore County 4-H Horse Project Banquet Award Winners are front row: Wyatt Harris and David Goddard of Root River Rabbits; middle row: Chase Ketterhagen of Root River Rabbits, Theresa Doerr of Family Enrolled, Kira Nelson of Carimona Cruisers; back row: Jackie Apenhorst and Heather Apenhorst of Bloomfield Cloverleaves, Nati Vande Zande and Courtney Nelson of Carimona Cruisers, and Austen Whitacre of Harmony Helping Hands. Photo submitted
On January 19, 2014 the Fillmore County 4-H Horse Project held its Annual Banquet at the Extension Office in Preston, Minn. Members and parents gathered for a potluck dinner during which a slide show of the year’s horse events was presented by historian/reporter Heather Apenhorst followed by the monthly Horse PDC meeting. The Annual Awards Program topped off the evening with members receiving horse related awards in two categories for participation in the 4-H Horse Project.
Awards for hours spent with their horse went to: Chase Ketterhagen, Courtney Nelson, Heather Apenhorst, Jackie Apenhorst, Kira Nelson, Wyatt Harris, Nati Vande Zande, Mikayla Vande Zande, and Jenna Blumer.
Awards for activity participation went to: Jackie Apenhorst, Heather Apenhorst, Jenna Blumer Austen Whitacre, Chase Ketterhagen, Wyatt Harris, Mikayla Vande Zande and Nati Vande Zande.
Cloverbud recognition went to: Anika Nelson
Four other award categories were voted on by the horse project members after the events of the 2013 Fillmore County 4-H Horse Show at the Fillmore County Fair last July and trophies were awarded to the following members for: Most Memorable Ride-Theresa Doerr; Most Improved Rider-Paige Bennett; Herdspersons of the Year-David Goddard; Horse Person of the Year-Jenna Blumer.
Members who were recognized for participation in the Fillmore County Hippology Horse Team for the 2012-13 season were: Gabriella Yonts, Kalli Kohlmeyer and Maggie Haugstad coached by Beth and Katie Yonts.
The Fillmore County Horse Judging Team for the 2012-13 season included: Jenna Blumer, Autumn Kappers, Haley Schwinefus and Rachel Nissen coached by Julie Blumer and Jill Kappers. Congratulations were given to the Horse Judging Team for overall 2nd place at the Minnesota State Horse Show in September and overall 3rd place at the Arabian National Horse Show in Tulsa, Okla. in October.
The next Horse Project meeting will be March 10, 2014 at 7 p.m. at the Fillmore County Extension Conference Room. All members enrolled in the 4-H horse project are welcome to attend.