- 10:08:12, Mar 26th 2015 - saverton - Love your story Jim. . . . Good Job! ... [Read More]
- 12:35:40, Mar 26th 2015 - luver of all things left - Sorry pal, I'm kind of new to this. I'll use spellcheck f ... [Read More]
- 6:55:20, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To lover of all things left In addition please watch your spelling. I ... [Read More]
- 2:38:08, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - I take full ownership of what I wrote. Where did you get the idea that I ... [Read More]
- 12:15:11, Mar 25th 2015 - old farmer - Good job Gabrielle, just a couple extra thoughts. Animals deserve our w ... [Read More]
- 9:18:51, Mar 25th 2015 - luver of all thingss laft - Vikean1 dude don't blame them, take some ownership of wat ... [Read More]
- 11:34:43, Mar 24th 2015 - LOOKonTheBrightSide - Cheer up guys, you're all idiots regardless of political party ... [Read More]
- 11:27:21, Mar 24th 2015 - Jaded - Thanks for turning a teenager's journal project as a springboard for your ow ... [Read More]
- 8:41:18, Mar 24th 2015 - tootsie - I enjoyed your story about your great, great grandmothers Norwegian trunk. ... [Read More]
- 2:20:37, Mar 24th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To lover of all things left. Yes, you have a point. I'm afraid I have ... [Read More]
Posted in All Agriculture
The Fillmore County 4-H Horse Project Banquet Award Winners are front row: Wyatt Harris and David Goddard of Root River Rabbits; middle row: Chase Ketterhagen of Root River Rabbits, Theresa Doerr of Family Enrolled, Kira Nelson of Carimona Cruisers; back row: Jackie Apenhorst and Heather Apenhorst of Bloomfield Cloverleaves, Nati Vande Zande and Courtney Nelson of Carimona Cruisers, and Austen Whitacre of Harmony Helping Hands. Photo submitted
On January 19, 2014 the Fillmore County 4-H Horse Project held its Annual Banquet at the Extension Office in Preston, Minn. Members and parents gathered for a potluck dinner during which a slide show of the year’s horse events was presented by historian/reporter Heather Apenhorst followed by the monthly Horse PDC meeting. The Annual Awards Program topped off the evening with members receiving horse related awards in two categories for participation in the 4-H Horse Project.
Awards for hours spent with their horse went to: Chase Ketterhagen, Courtney Nelson, Heather Apenhorst, Jackie Apenhorst, Kira Nelson, Wyatt Harris, Nati Vande Zande, Mikayla Vande Zande, and Jenna Blumer.
Awards for activity participation went to: Jackie Apenhorst, Heather Apenhorst, Jenna Blumer Austen Whitacre, Chase Ketterhagen, Wyatt Harris, Mikayla Vande Zande and Nati Vande Zande.
Cloverbud recognition went to: Anika Nelson
Four other award categories were voted on by the horse project members after the events of the 2013 Fillmore County 4-H Horse Show at the Fillmore County Fair last July and trophies were awarded to the following members for: Most Memorable Ride-Theresa Doerr; Most Improved Rider-Paige Bennett; Herdspersons of the Year-David Goddard; Horse Person of the Year-Jenna Blumer.
Members who were recognized for participation in the Fillmore County Hippology Horse Team for the 2012-13 season were: Gabriella Yonts, Kalli Kohlmeyer and Maggie Haugstad coached by Beth and Katie Yonts.
The Fillmore County Horse Judging Team for the 2012-13 season included: Jenna Blumer, Autumn Kappers, Haley Schwinefus and Rachel Nissen coached by Julie Blumer and Jill Kappers. Congratulations were given to the Horse Judging Team for overall 2nd place at the Minnesota State Horse Show in September and overall 3rd place at the Arabian National Horse Show in Tulsa, Okla. in October.
The next Horse Project meeting will be March 10, 2014 at 7 p.m. at the Fillmore County Extension Conference Room. All members enrolled in the 4-H horse project are welcome to attend.