- 12:35:24, Feb 7th 2016 - Slate7 - Looks like the flood destroyed Rushford after all. What happened to the stro ... [Read More]
- 5:15:31, Feb 6th 2016 - @respect - "They don't go out of their way to disrespect until disrespect is thrown at ... [Read More]
- 3:28:56, Feb 6th 2016 - Farmer - WOW! Hope you have more life jackets because now that you have actually put y ... [Read More]
- 12:16:49, Feb 6th 2016 - EagleGolfer - @Mr. Terbeest Oh, yeah, I get it. All those Chicago gang killings ov ... [Read More]
- 11:38:29, Feb 6th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 Okay, I got it. You never have written a signed commentary to the ... [Read More]
- 10:44:04, Feb 6th 2016 - - Such drama. JUMP, I have a spare life jacket I'll give you for free. ... [Read More]
- 4:32:19, Feb 6th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Mr. Terbeest, You have described the modus operando of the ultra liberal c ... [Read More]
- 8:40:46, Feb 5th 2016 - - Not quite like that, the ship can sail any way it wishes but why am I forced to pay ... [Read More]
- 6:21:28, Feb 5th 2016 - respect - Reply to whocarez: Saying that they can travel to Minneapolis is both disre ... [Read More]
- 3:13:15, Feb 5th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - OK, this is a bizarre situation. You guys are doing exactly what you are a ... [Read More]
Posted in Education
The Rushford-Peterson D.A.R.E. class listed alphabetically: Hunter Bakkum, Waylon Banks, Shayna Bellock, Bryan Bendickson, Keean Benson, Alex Bessler, Carissa Bieberdorf, Mitchell Brand, Tatyanna Bronk, Megan Brown, Matthew Culhane, Noah Dahl, Marissa Didier, Maria Doerr, Bradley Eggert, Tucker Eide, Abigail Eidenschink, Zoe Feller, Taylor Gravos, Kayla Hanson, Indra Hermanson, Brooke Johnson, Clay Johnson, Bryce Kingsley, Dalton Kingsley, Kate Klungtvedt, Zachary Kniseley, Nicholas Knutson, Brittany Kuss, Nickolas Lee, Tanner Morrison, Savannah Neitzke, Bailey O’Hare, Rachel O’Shaughnessy, Justin Quella, Austin Ritter, Kendra Sand, Caleb Thompson, Kelsey Toomey, Joel Trejo, Jessica Vande Zande, Morgan Vitse, Kyle Weidemann, Clara Wieser and Caryn Wolter. Photo by Jason Sethre
These are some interesting facts on D.A.R.E. that I have learned: There are 6.5 out of 100 eighth graders that have either smoked or they still do smoke. It is illegal to sell tobacco to anyone under the age of 18. Smokers have more colds and upper respiratory problems. Cigarettes contain nicotine, a powerful substance that causes addiciton. Smoking is the number one cause of lung cancer. There are more than 200 known poisons in tobacco. Over 400,000 people die each year from tobacco-related causes. Smoking can cause yellow teeth and smelly breath. If you play sports and smoke, you could suffer from shortness of breath and dizziness.
Marijuana is a very harmful drug, too. Marijuana users have an increased risk of cancer. Marijuana smokers have more colds and upper respiratory problems. Marijuana is illegal in the United States. There is more tar in marijuana smoke than in tobacco. Marijuana affects your brain and body. Marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more cancer-causing chemicals than tobacco smoke. Marijuana can be addictive.
Alcohol slows down the brain and body. Some examples of this are loss of coordination, slow reflexes, and loss of self-control, poor judgment, memory lapses and slurred speech.
Things that can affect parts of your body: your brain- marijuana and inhalants; your mouth and your thoughts- marijuana and inhalants; your lungs- marijuana and inhalants; your heart and your liver- marijuana and inhalants.
D.A.R.E. was funny and fun because of all the advertizing we got to do in class. I don't think I am ever going to smoke or do drugs because of all the things that I have learned and the guest speaker who told us about his hard time and how he still is struggling to get through life every day. I had a good time and I can't wait until I graduate from D.A.R.E. because I will feel so good and I will feel like I learned something, and I did learn a lot of things.