- 2:27:12, Apr 17th 2015 - science guy - To Kim Wentworth: Here's an idea Mr. Smart Alec. Take each of the sc ... [Read More]
- 5:57:59, Apr 17th 2015 - lol - And you all heard the mayor of this town didn't file to run again. He said he f ... [Read More]
- 5:47:24, Apr 17th 2015 - sosad - Well said regrets! Agree with you. If you didn't grow up here they treat u as ... [Read More]
- 7:53:38, Apr 15th 2015 - Listen up puppyboy - Whoever came up with that, that's good! If republicans were as d ... [Read More]
- 6:54:31, Apr 15th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Is it time for a group hug yet? ... [Read More]
- 4:05:24, Apr 15th 2015 - couldn't care less - Dogboy, you don't have the maturity of a man yet, so it's dogboy ... [Read More]
- 3:08:47, Apr 15th 2015 - Jeez - @Dogman Weird, you posted once that the president bailed out GM and Ford, ... [Read More]
- 1:10:08, Apr 15th 2015 - Dogman - You call yourself a left winger? Ha,Ha. You do a heck of a good job making ... [Read More]
- 4:41:42, Apr 14th 2015 - It's true - Vikefan please change your name if you keep commenting, it insults all us ... [Read More]
- 4:20:41, Apr 14th 2015 - oh boy - To Dogman and Vikefan: The garbage you two post is hilarious. Just listing ... [Read More]
Posted in Education
The Rushford-Peterson D.A.R.E. class listed alphabetically: Hunter Bakkum, Waylon Banks, Shayna Bellock, Bryan Bendickson, Keean Benson, Alex Bessler, Carissa Bieberdorf, Mitchell Brand, Tatyanna Bronk, Megan Brown, Matthew Culhane, Noah Dahl, Marissa Didier, Maria Doerr, Bradley Eggert, Tucker Eide, Abigail Eidenschink, Zoe Feller, Taylor Gravos, Kayla Hanson, Indra Hermanson, Brooke Johnson, Clay Johnson, Bryce Kingsley, Dalton Kingsley, Kate Klungtvedt, Zachary Kniseley, Nicholas Knutson, Brittany Kuss, Nickolas Lee, Tanner Morrison, Savannah Neitzke, Bailey O’Hare, Rachel O’Shaughnessy, Justin Quella, Austin Ritter, Kendra Sand, Caleb Thompson, Kelsey Toomey, Joel Trejo, Jessica Vande Zande, Morgan Vitse, Kyle Weidemann, Clara Wieser and Caryn Wolter. Photo by Jason Sethre
These are some interesting facts on D.A.R.E. that I have learned: There are 6.5 out of 100 eighth graders that have either smoked or they still do smoke. It is illegal to sell tobacco to anyone under the age of 18. Smokers have more colds and upper respiratory problems. Cigarettes contain nicotine, a powerful substance that causes addiciton. Smoking is the number one cause of lung cancer. There are more than 200 known poisons in tobacco. Over 400,000 people die each year from tobacco-related causes. Smoking can cause yellow teeth and smelly breath. If you play sports and smoke, you could suffer from shortness of breath and dizziness.
Marijuana is a very harmful drug, too. Marijuana users have an increased risk of cancer. Marijuana smokers have more colds and upper respiratory problems. Marijuana is illegal in the United States. There is more tar in marijuana smoke than in tobacco. Marijuana affects your brain and body. Marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more cancer-causing chemicals than tobacco smoke. Marijuana can be addictive.
Alcohol slows down the brain and body. Some examples of this are loss of coordination, slow reflexes, and loss of self-control, poor judgment, memory lapses and slurred speech.
Things that can affect parts of your body: your brain- marijuana and inhalants; your mouth and your thoughts- marijuana and inhalants; your lungs- marijuana and inhalants; your heart and your liver- marijuana and inhalants.
D.A.R.E. was funny and fun because of all the advertizing we got to do in class. I don't think I am ever going to smoke or do drugs because of all the things that I have learned and the guest speaker who told us about his hard time and how he still is struggling to get through life every day. I had a good time and I can't wait until I graduate from D.A.R.E. because I will feel so good and I will feel like I learned something, and I did learn a lot of things.