- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
- 2:47:19, Dec 21st 2014 - omg - Do u use butter. Do you use eggs. Do u feed your baby milk. I could keep going ... [Read More]
- 9:04:35, Dec 20th 2014 - jfc - Peace on Earth? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, al ... [Read More]
- 8:43:29, Dec 20th 2014 - Wow! - Fountainfarmer I am not trying to debate here just simply stating more homewor ... [Read More]
- 7:37:34, Dec 19th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - HE IS A CLASS ACT AND APPARENTLY HIS WIFE IS ALSO. ENJOY RETIREMENT TOG ... [Read More]
- 12:39:46, Dec 19th 2014 - Vegaia - Peace? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, all kin ... [Read More]
Posted in Education
The Rushford-Peterson D.A.R.E. class listed alphabetically: Hunter Bakkum, Waylon Banks, Shayna Bellock, Bryan Bendickson, Keean Benson, Alex Bessler, Carissa Bieberdorf, Mitchell Brand, Tatyanna Bronk, Megan Brown, Matthew Culhane, Noah Dahl, Marissa Didier, Maria Doerr, Bradley Eggert, Tucker Eide, Abigail Eidenschink, Zoe Feller, Taylor Gravos, Kayla Hanson, Indra Hermanson, Brooke Johnson, Clay Johnson, Bryce Kingsley, Dalton Kingsley, Kate Klungtvedt, Zachary Kniseley, Nicholas Knutson, Brittany Kuss, Nickolas Lee, Tanner Morrison, Savannah Neitzke, Bailey O’Hare, Rachel O’Shaughnessy, Justin Quella, Austin Ritter, Kendra Sand, Caleb Thompson, Kelsey Toomey, Joel Trejo, Jessica Vande Zande, Morgan Vitse, Kyle Weidemann, Clara Wieser and Caryn Wolter. Photo by Jason Sethre
These are some interesting facts on D.A.R.E. that I have learned: There are 6.5 out of 100 eighth graders that have either smoked or they still do smoke. It is illegal to sell tobacco to anyone under the age of 18. Smokers have more colds and upper respiratory problems. Cigarettes contain nicotine, a powerful substance that causes addiciton. Smoking is the number one cause of lung cancer. There are more than 200 known poisons in tobacco. Over 400,000 people die each year from tobacco-related causes. Smoking can cause yellow teeth and smelly breath. If you play sports and smoke, you could suffer from shortness of breath and dizziness.
Marijuana is a very harmful drug, too. Marijuana users have an increased risk of cancer. Marijuana smokers have more colds and upper respiratory problems. Marijuana is illegal in the United States. There is more tar in marijuana smoke than in tobacco. Marijuana affects your brain and body. Marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more cancer-causing chemicals than tobacco smoke. Marijuana can be addictive.
Alcohol slows down the brain and body. Some examples of this are loss of coordination, slow reflexes, and loss of self-control, poor judgment, memory lapses and slurred speech.
Things that can affect parts of your body: your brain- marijuana and inhalants; your mouth and your thoughts- marijuana and inhalants; your lungs- marijuana and inhalants; your heart and your liver- marijuana and inhalants.
D.A.R.E. was funny and fun because of all the advertizing we got to do in class. I don't think I am ever going to smoke or do drugs because of all the things that I have learned and the guest speaker who told us about his hard time and how he still is struggling to get through life every day. I had a good time and I can't wait until I graduate from D.A.R.E. because I will feel so good and I will feel like I learned something, and I did learn a lot of things.