"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, October 23rd, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:40:26, Oct 21st 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @What? On the contrary, it does take commitment to undermine legisl ... [Read More]
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
- 1:03:04, Oct 20th 2016 - Tuner - Davids working to lower health care prices is a joke... He is working in inte ... [Read More]
- 11:04:10, Oct 19th 2016 - - weird, he is concerned about the budget but two members of the council tried nume ... [Read More]
- 3:15:21, Oct 19th 2016 - Please not again! - I wish he would have said how he spent all of the First Responder ... [Read More]
- 3:09:30, Oct 19th 2016 - What? - I don't think anyone needs to be committed to undermine MNsure. It is a joke ... [Read More]
- 1:50:43, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - A reminder: Jesus hung out with and accepted prostitutes and thieves. Discr ... [Read More]
- 1:41:12, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - This is spot on. We need new leadership! Leadership that will work for the ... [Read More]
- 9:01:06, Oct 19th 2016 - firstname.lastname@example.org - I just want to thank these wonderful people for coming t ... [Read More]
- 4:22:41, Oct 17th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - I don't see how this view differs from Davids' opponent, Thomas Trehus. ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 30th, 2013
Posted in Wykoff Obituaries
Posted in Wykoff Obituaries
Elizabeth Ann Schultz, age 87, of Spring Valley, Minn., formerly of Wykoff, Minn. died peacefully in her sleep, Monday morning, August 26, 2013, at Olmsted Community Hospital in Rochester, Minn.
Elizabeth was born April 5, 1926, in Racine Township, Mower Co., Minn., the daughter of Alvin and Hilda (Ellinghuysen) Schroeder. She graduated from Stewartville High School and worked at the Mayo Clinic for two years. She married Donald Schultz April 20, 1947, at the Pleasant Valley Lutheran Church in rural Racine, Minn. The couple lived in the Wykoff area most of their lives where she worked for the Wykoff Public School for 25 years retiring as head cook. The couple moved to the Evergreen Estates in Spring Valley in 2011.
She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Wykoff and their WELCA, the Wykoff Progress Club and the Wykoff American Legion Auxiliary. She especially loved spending time with her children and grandchildren. She enjoyed cooking big meals for her family and friends and getting her house all decorated for Christmas. The couple enjoyed spending 17 winters at Apache Junction, Ariz.
She is survived by her husband of 66 years, Donald; two sons, Steven ( Mary Ann) Schultz of Spring Valley and Craig (Cynthia) Schultz of Wykoff; seven grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and one sister, Phyllis Mullens of Wilsonville, Ore. She was preceded in death by one sister, Marion (Cliff) Winegar of California; and one brother, Norbert (Eileen) Schroeder of Stewartville, Minn.
There was a memorial service Friday, August 30, 2013, at Immanuel Lutheran Church with Rev. Rebekah Timm officiating. Burial of her ashes was in the church cemetery.