"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, April 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Do you think that chain stores in small communities undermine the sales of locally owned retailers?
Fri, Aug 30th, 2013
Posted in Wykoff Obituaries
Posted in Wykoff Obituaries
Elizabeth Ann Schultz, age 87, of Spring Valley, Minn., formerly of Wykoff, Minn. died peacefully in her sleep, Monday morning, August 26, 2013, at Olmsted Community Hospital in Rochester, Minn.
Elizabeth was born April 5, 1926, in Racine Township, Mower Co., Minn., the daughter of Alvin and Hilda (Ellinghuysen) Schroeder. She graduated from Stewartville High School and worked at the Mayo Clinic for two years. She married Donald Schultz April 20, 1947, at the Pleasant Valley Lutheran Church in rural Racine, Minn. The couple lived in the Wykoff area most of their lives where she worked for the Wykoff Public School for 25 years retiring as head cook. The couple moved to the Evergreen Estates in Spring Valley in 2011.
She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Wykoff and their WELCA, the Wykoff Progress Club and the Wykoff American Legion Auxiliary. She especially loved spending time with her children and grandchildren. She enjoyed cooking big meals for her family and friends and getting her house all decorated for Christmas. The couple enjoyed spending 17 winters at Apache Junction, Ariz.
She is survived by her husband of 66 years, Donald; two sons, Steven ( Mary Ann) Schultz of Spring Valley and Craig (Cynthia) Schultz of Wykoff; seven grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and one sister, Phyllis Mullens of Wilsonville, Ore. She was preceded in death by one sister, Marion (Cliff) Winegar of California; and one brother, Norbert (Eileen) Schroeder of Stewartville, Minn.
There was a memorial service Friday, August 30, 2013, at Immanuel Lutheran Church with Rev. Rebekah Timm officiating. Burial of her ashes was in the church cemetery.