"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:11:29, Mar 3rd 2015 - doc - Apparently Harmony Telephone doesn't have billions in cash to spend on internet ... [Read More]
- 7:56:16, Mar 3rd 2015 - Bear - Why does the Journal even print this garbage? I would like to know the drugs t ... [Read More]
- 4:37:50, Mar 3rd 2015 - next - Now let's talk about the idiots who push there snow into the street. Even a 5th ... [Read More]
- 7:24:02, Mar 2nd 2015 - disappointed - I could work from home. But internet is not secure enough ... [Read More]
- 3:43:36, Mar 2nd 2015 - agreed - The cable and internet here is absolutely ridiculous. Harmony residents pay ... [Read More]
- 2:30:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - Be honest - Wood- That is true, but most people won't even spend that. Hopefully, th ... [Read More]
- 10:14:18, Mar 2nd 2015 - Wood - Be Honest, you can ask the Minnesota Information Policy Analysis Division (IPA ... [Read More]
- 6:41:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - gotoutofthere - If the residents would treat the new people with respect maybe they wo ... [Read More]
- 12:48:54, Mar 1st 2015 - Pursuing truth? - By pursuing truth, are you referring to the IRS scandal or the Hold ... [Read More]
- 12:25:29, Mar 1st 2015 - hum - How about something yo do for the youth! These kids have nothing to do in the s ... [Read More]
Do you feel we should give up on observing Punxsutawney Phil to predict the remaining length of winter?
Fri, Aug 30th, 2013
Posted in Wykoff Obituaries
Posted in Wykoff Obituaries
Elizabeth Ann Schultz, age 87, of Spring Valley, Minn., formerly of Wykoff, Minn. died peacefully in her sleep, Monday morning, August 26, 2013, at Olmsted Community Hospital in Rochester, Minn.
Elizabeth was born April 5, 1926, in Racine Township, Mower Co., Minn., the daughter of Alvin and Hilda (Ellinghuysen) Schroeder. She graduated from Stewartville High School and worked at the Mayo Clinic for two years. She married Donald Schultz April 20, 1947, at the Pleasant Valley Lutheran Church in rural Racine, Minn. The couple lived in the Wykoff area most of their lives where she worked for the Wykoff Public School for 25 years retiring as head cook. The couple moved to the Evergreen Estates in Spring Valley in 2011.
She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Wykoff and their WELCA, the Wykoff Progress Club and the Wykoff American Legion Auxiliary. She especially loved spending time with her children and grandchildren. She enjoyed cooking big meals for her family and friends and getting her house all decorated for Christmas. The couple enjoyed spending 17 winters at Apache Junction, Ariz.
She is survived by her husband of 66 years, Donald; two sons, Steven ( Mary Ann) Schultz of Spring Valley and Craig (Cynthia) Schultz of Wykoff; seven grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and one sister, Phyllis Mullens of Wilsonville, Ore. She was preceded in death by one sister, Marion (Cliff) Winegar of California; and one brother, Norbert (Eileen) Schroeder of Stewartville, Minn.
There was a memorial service Friday, August 30, 2013, at Immanuel Lutheran Church with Rev. Rebekah Timm officiating. Burial of her ashes was in the church cemetery.