"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:35:47, Sep 2nd 2014 - wtf - Because I can! At least I don't sit and argue with people like you do mister no ... [Read More]
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Aug 23rd, 2013
Posted in Ostrander Obituaries
Posted in Ostrander Obituaries
Philip Wane Holt 51, of Ostrander, Minn. passed away August 21, 2013 at home following a lengthy cancer battle.
Philip was born December 15, 1961 in Rochester Minn. He attended high school in both Alabama and Minnesota, later obtaining his GED in Minnesota. Prior to his illness he was employed in various jobs in the Rochester area, most recently by Republic Parking at the Rochester International Airport. He also worked doing what he enjoyed most, over the road truck driving.
Philip married his longtime girlfriend, Jamie Jo Endris on March 8, 2013, in Mason City, Iowa. Philip enjoyed spending time with his family and fishing.
He was preceded in death by his brothers Ralph Robert and Roger John, his brother in law Bobby Iden, five uncles, two aunts and a step-granddaughter.
Philip is survived by his wife Jamie Jo of Ostrander, step-son Noah Michael Packingham, his father Newell (Pauline Forney) Holt of Chatfield, Minn., mother Betty Holt of Mobile, Ala., brother Delbert (Gwen) of Oronoco; sisters Donna (Larry) McDaniel and Jacquelyn Iden of Mobile, Alice Holt and Sue Holt of West Union, Iowa, and step sister Glenda Durst of Highwood, Ill.; nieces and nephews; Sara Holt, Alisa (Thomas Walker) Iden, Athena McDaniel, Christopher Holt, Eva Iden, Jennifer Holt, James McDaniel, Kayla (Maverick) Showalter, Michael (Cherelle) Holt, Ryan Hundorf, Kyle Hundorf, Jordan Holt, and Jakob Holt. Six uncles, three aunts, eight great nephews, and four great nieces.
A memorial service was on Sunday, August 25 in Chatfield, Minn.