"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 16th, 2013
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Lois Carol Bumgarner, 67, of Preston, Minn. passed away peacefully in the arms of her daughter-like niece Amy, at Seasons Hospice in Rochester, Minn. August 9, 2013, after a courageous battle with cancer.
Lois was born on October 21, 1945, in Preston, the daughter of J. Edward and Alvera (Workman) O’Connor. She graduated from Preston High School in 1964. Lois married Gary Bumgarner Sr. in 1968. They had one son, Gary Allen Jr. in 1969. Lois lived and worked in Preston her entire life. Lois’ godchild and niece, Amy, had an exceptionally close relationship throughout her life. Lois viewed Amy and Mike’s children, Brad, age 5, and Addie, age 2, as her own grandchildren. Brad and Addie called Lois, “Nam O,” short for grandma Lois.
Lois enjoyed baking, playing cards, embroidery and quilting. Most of all she enjoyed spending time with Brad and Addie. She adored Brad and Addie and cherished every moment she had with them.
She is survived by three brothers, Tom O’Connor of Rochester, Terry O’Connor of Fairmont, Minn.; Gary “Mike” (Linda) O’Connor of Rochester; three sisters, Eileen (Ernest) Kinneberg of Lanesboro, Minn.; Annette (John) Ask of Lewiston, Minn.; and Beth Mensink (Jerry White) of Lime Springs, IA; two godchildren, Amy O’Connor and Cierra Burt; also many cousins, nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Gary Sr.; and son, Gary Jr.
A Mass of Christian Burial was held on Wednesday, August 14, 2013, at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston, with Rev. Shawn Haremza officiating. Burial was in Washington Cemetery in rural Spring Valley.