"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, April 18th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 16th, 2013
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Lois Carol Bumgarner, 67, of Preston, Minn. passed away peacefully in the arms of her daughter-like niece Amy, at Seasons Hospice in Rochester, Minn. August 9, 2013, after a courageous battle with cancer.
Lois was born on October 21, 1945, in Preston, the daughter of J. Edward and Alvera (Workman) O’Connor. She graduated from Preston High School in 1964. Lois married Gary Bumgarner Sr. in 1968. They had one son, Gary Allen Jr. in 1969. Lois lived and worked in Preston her entire life. Lois’ godchild and niece, Amy, had an exceptionally close relationship throughout her life. Lois viewed Amy and Mike’s children, Brad, age 5, and Addie, age 2, as her own grandchildren. Brad and Addie called Lois, “Nam O,” short for grandma Lois.
Lois enjoyed baking, playing cards, embroidery and quilting. Most of all she enjoyed spending time with Brad and Addie. She adored Brad and Addie and cherished every moment she had with them.
She is survived by three brothers, Tom O’Connor of Rochester, Terry O’Connor of Fairmont, Minn.; Gary “Mike” (Linda) O’Connor of Rochester; three sisters, Eileen (Ernest) Kinneberg of Lanesboro, Minn.; Annette (John) Ask of Lewiston, Minn.; and Beth Mensink (Jerry White) of Lime Springs, IA; two godchildren, Amy O’Connor and Cierra Burt; also many cousins, nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Gary Sr.; and son, Gary Jr.
A Mass of Christian Burial was held on Wednesday, August 14, 2013, at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston, with Rev. Shawn Haremza officiating. Burial was in Washington Cemetery in rural Spring Valley.