"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 8th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:10:55, Oct 7th 2015 - @ Concerned - I have wondered about this too. Most of the Wykoff kids don't even go t ... [Read More]
- 2:53:37, Oct 6th 2015 - Concerned - Has the school board & administration ever checked into why so many studen ... [Read More]
- 9:58:41, Oct 6th 2015 - - Why don't you run for school board, SomethingNeedsToBeDone? Write-in candidates we ... [Read More]
- 2:05:39, Oct 5th 2015 - Paul - The Quaran does not tell Muslims to kill non-muslims. In fact it says Muslims a ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Oct 5th 2015 - GoldenRule - Let us be mindful of the Golden Rule and how we treat others. Be careful ... [Read More]
- 11:32:26, Oct 5th 2015 - SomethingNeedsToBeDone - Are people blind?? How can they continue to use a facility ... [Read More]
- 11:23:54, Oct 5th 2015 - James1952 - Pig poker- what did you crybaby vote yes losers do both times you lost th ... [Read More]
- 10:51:29, Oct 5th 2015 - Pig poker - We all know why Jon Peterson doesn't want the school, he's mad because he ... [Read More]
- 10:37:45, Oct 5th 2015 - - Mr. Cerling(and many others), Let me start by admitting that I am beneath you in ... [Read More]
- 7:33:17, Oct 4th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Talk about drinking the Liberal Kool-Aid, WOW! WOW! WOW! Obama not a Mus ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 16th, 2013
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Lois Carol Bumgarner, 67, of Preston, Minn. passed away peacefully in the arms of her daughter-like niece Amy, at Seasons Hospice in Rochester, Minn. August 9, 2013, after a courageous battle with cancer.
Lois was born on October 21, 1945, in Preston, the daughter of J. Edward and Alvera (Workman) O’Connor. She graduated from Preston High School in 1964. Lois married Gary Bumgarner Sr. in 1968. They had one son, Gary Allen Jr. in 1969. Lois lived and worked in Preston her entire life. Lois’ godchild and niece, Amy, had an exceptionally close relationship throughout her life. Lois viewed Amy and Mike’s children, Brad, age 5, and Addie, age 2, as her own grandchildren. Brad and Addie called Lois, “Nam O,” short for grandma Lois.
Lois enjoyed baking, playing cards, embroidery and quilting. Most of all she enjoyed spending time with Brad and Addie. She adored Brad and Addie and cherished every moment she had with them.
She is survived by three brothers, Tom O’Connor of Rochester, Terry O’Connor of Fairmont, Minn.; Gary “Mike” (Linda) O’Connor of Rochester; three sisters, Eileen (Ernest) Kinneberg of Lanesboro, Minn.; Annette (John) Ask of Lewiston, Minn.; and Beth Mensink (Jerry White) of Lime Springs, IA; two godchildren, Amy O’Connor and Cierra Burt; also many cousins, nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Gary Sr.; and son, Gary Jr.
A Mass of Christian Burial was held on Wednesday, August 14, 2013, at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston, with Rev. Shawn Haremza officiating. Burial was in Washington Cemetery in rural Spring Valley.