"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:54:03, Dec 29th 2014 - lol - That would be me fountain farmer. Not too long ago in the journal.... Yes the j ... [Read More]
- 4:35:14, Dec 28th 2014 - smjb - Our U.S. policies, politics and president are being directed and influenced wa ... [Read More]
- 7:15:19, Dec 28th 2014 - country girl - Right on! ... [Read More]
- 5:30:05, Dec 28th 2014 - not happy - Nope ... [Read More]
- 9:37:14, Dec 26th 2014 - FountainFarmer - hey Not Happy, are you the same person complaining about the Fillmor ... [Read More]
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 16th, 2013
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Lois Carol Bumgarner, 67, of Preston, Minn. passed away peacefully in the arms of her daughter-like niece Amy, at Seasons Hospice in Rochester, Minn. August 9, 2013, after a courageous battle with cancer.
Lois was born on October 21, 1945, in Preston, the daughter of J. Edward and Alvera (Workman) O’Connor. She graduated from Preston High School in 1964. Lois married Gary Bumgarner Sr. in 1968. They had one son, Gary Allen Jr. in 1969. Lois lived and worked in Preston her entire life. Lois’ godchild and niece, Amy, had an exceptionally close relationship throughout her life. Lois viewed Amy and Mike’s children, Brad, age 5, and Addie, age 2, as her own grandchildren. Brad and Addie called Lois, “Nam O,” short for grandma Lois.
Lois enjoyed baking, playing cards, embroidery and quilting. Most of all she enjoyed spending time with Brad and Addie. She adored Brad and Addie and cherished every moment she had with them.
She is survived by three brothers, Tom O’Connor of Rochester, Terry O’Connor of Fairmont, Minn.; Gary “Mike” (Linda) O’Connor of Rochester; three sisters, Eileen (Ernest) Kinneberg of Lanesboro, Minn.; Annette (John) Ask of Lewiston, Minn.; and Beth Mensink (Jerry White) of Lime Springs, IA; two godchildren, Amy O’Connor and Cierra Burt; also many cousins, nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Gary Sr.; and son, Gary Jr.
A Mass of Christian Burial was held on Wednesday, August 14, 2013, at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston, with Rev. Shawn Haremza officiating. Burial was in Washington Cemetery in rural Spring Valley.