"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, October 26th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:43:52, Oct 25th 2014 - wow - SMDH....JUST WOW.....if the kids r trespassing go shead and spray them!! Spray ... [Read More]
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 16th, 2013
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Lois Carol Bumgarner, 67, of Preston, Minn. passed away peacefully in the arms of her daughter-like niece Amy, at Seasons Hospice in Rochester, Minn. August 9, 2013, after a courageous battle with cancer.
Lois was born on October 21, 1945, in Preston, the daughter of J. Edward and Alvera (Workman) O’Connor. She graduated from Preston High School in 1964. Lois married Gary Bumgarner Sr. in 1968. They had one son, Gary Allen Jr. in 1969. Lois lived and worked in Preston her entire life. Lois’ godchild and niece, Amy, had an exceptionally close relationship throughout her life. Lois viewed Amy and Mike’s children, Brad, age 5, and Addie, age 2, as her own grandchildren. Brad and Addie called Lois, “Nam O,” short for grandma Lois.
Lois enjoyed baking, playing cards, embroidery and quilting. Most of all she enjoyed spending time with Brad and Addie. She adored Brad and Addie and cherished every moment she had with them.
She is survived by three brothers, Tom O’Connor of Rochester, Terry O’Connor of Fairmont, Minn.; Gary “Mike” (Linda) O’Connor of Rochester; three sisters, Eileen (Ernest) Kinneberg of Lanesboro, Minn.; Annette (John) Ask of Lewiston, Minn.; and Beth Mensink (Jerry White) of Lime Springs, IA; two godchildren, Amy O’Connor and Cierra Burt; also many cousins, nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Gary Sr.; and son, Gary Jr.
A Mass of Christian Burial was held on Wednesday, August 14, 2013, at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston, with Rev. Shawn Haremza officiating. Burial was in Washington Cemetery in rural Spring Valley.