"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Aug 2nd, 2013
Posted in All Columnists
Posted in All Columnists
Profiling, “the recording and analysis of a person’s psychological and behavioral characteristics, so as to assess or predict their capabilities,” is often associated in a negative light when you’re the potential employee. When you’re the employer, however, profiling prospective employees is one the best ways to help determine whether to say ‘yea’ or ‘nay’ to a potential hire.
The way you showcase yourself in the interview room is, no doubt, a huge portion of whether you’ll be considered for the job, but the way you showcase yourself online holds significant weight as well. There’s no doubt that controversy exists over whether employers should be able to access and analyze your Facebook account, but whether you give them your login credentials or not, they can still look you up.
Findings after a University of North Carolina study showed that employers often look at applicants Facebook profiles searching for evidence of drug and alcohol use or signs that an individual is not responsible or self-disciplined.
Not to stereotype, but heavy drinkers or drug addicts probably aren’t the large target audience to read this column. The reason for this week’s column is to bring awareness to the fact that when posting to your personal social media accounts, it’s important to use good judgment. Being especially attentive to make sure you don’t post something that could easily be mistaken or misjudged.
Nothing is private anymore, unless of course you don’t have any link to social media. This group is a very small percentage of people. The bottom line here is social media users – beware of social media profiling because it happens more often than you think. Take a moment and think before you post; employers – I probably just took a little bit of fun out of the candidate screening process by making it more of an even playing field.