"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 19th, 2013
Posted in All Obituaries
Posted in All Obituaries
Geraldine W. Teske, 89, of Racine, Minn. died on Saturday, July 13, 2013 of natural causes at Seasons Hospice in Rochester, where she had been a resident for two days.
Geraldine Mae Witt was born on January 17, 1924 at South Ridge, Houston County, Minn. to Benjamin and Gertrude (Arnett) Witt. She grew up on the family farm, before moving with her family to Iowa as a young girl. She lived at various places, moving with her family in response to her father’s pastoral assignments to different churches. She attended high school in Fairmont, Minn., graduating in 1942. She then attended Westmar College in LeMars, IA where she received her teaching degree. She taught for one year at a one-room school house in rural Truman, Minn.. Geraldine was married on July 9, 1944 in Blue Earth, Minn. to Milton P. Teske. The couple farmed near Truman, then moved to Spring Valley, Minn. in 1949 where they farmed until 1962. They lived in the area before moving to Stewartville, Minn. in 2003.
Upon her husband’s death, Geraldine moved to Racine in 2005. Geraldine was a homemaker. Later she was employed at the Swygman Nursing Home in Stewartville and at Charter House in Rochester for over 10 years, until her retirement in 2001. During this time she also ran an elder care service from her home in rural Spring Valley. Geraldine was a member of Sumner Center United Methodist Church in rural Racine, where she was active in its Ladies Aid and later became a member of the Stewartville United Methodist Church. She enjoyed gardening, canning, cooking, sewing, reading, listening to music and playing the piano. Geraldine enjoyed keeping busy, visiting friends and spending time with family, especially her grandchildren and great grandchildren.
The Teske family would like to thank all of Geraldine’s care providers for their loving dedication with a special thank you to Dr. Quirindongo.
Geraldine is survived by three sons – James(Elaine) of Spring Valley; John(Carol) of Grand Rapids, Minn. and Joel of Grand Meadow, Minn.; two adopted sons – Jared Teske and Justin Teske; seven grandchildren; nine great grandchildren; three sisters – Shirley Ann(James) Marshall of Grand Rapids; Leslie(Edward) Kesser of Cedar Rapids, IA and Barbara Witt (Neil Chewning) of Richmond, Va. She was preceded in death by her husband Milton and her parents.
The funeral service for Mrs. Teske was on Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at the United Methodist Church in Stewartville with Rev. Norman Witt officiating. Burial followed at Oakwood Cemetery in Rochester.