"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, April 17th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:27:12, Apr 17th 2015 - science guy - To Kim Wentworth: Here's an idea Mr. Smart Alec. Take each of the sc ... [Read More]
- 5:57:59, Apr 17th 2015 - lol - And you all heard the mayor of this town didn't file to run again. He said he f ... [Read More]
- 5:47:24, Apr 17th 2015 - sosad - Well said regrets! Agree with you. If you didn't grow up here they treat u as ... [Read More]
- 7:53:38, Apr 15th 2015 - Listen up puppyboy - Whoever came up with that, that's good! If republicans were as d ... [Read More]
- 6:54:31, Apr 15th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Is it time for a group hug yet? ... [Read More]
- 4:05:24, Apr 15th 2015 - couldn't care less - Dogboy, you don't have the maturity of a man yet, so it's dogboy ... [Read More]
- 3:08:47, Apr 15th 2015 - Jeez - @Dogman Weird, you posted once that the president bailed out GM and Ford, ... [Read More]
- 1:10:08, Apr 15th 2015 - Dogman - You call yourself a left winger? Ha,Ha. You do a heck of a good job making ... [Read More]
- 4:41:42, Apr 14th 2015 - It's true - Vikefan please change your name if you keep commenting, it insults all us ... [Read More]
- 4:20:41, Apr 14th 2015 - oh boy - To Dogman and Vikefan: The garbage you two post is hilarious. Just listing ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 19th, 2013
Posted in All Obituaries
Posted in All Obituaries
Geraldine W. Teske, 89, of Racine, Minn. died on Saturday, July 13, 2013 of natural causes at Seasons Hospice in Rochester, where she had been a resident for two days.
Geraldine Mae Witt was born on January 17, 1924 at South Ridge, Houston County, Minn. to Benjamin and Gertrude (Arnett) Witt. She grew up on the family farm, before moving with her family to Iowa as a young girl. She lived at various places, moving with her family in response to her father’s pastoral assignments to different churches. She attended high school in Fairmont, Minn., graduating in 1942. She then attended Westmar College in LeMars, IA where she received her teaching degree. She taught for one year at a one-room school house in rural Truman, Minn.. Geraldine was married on July 9, 1944 in Blue Earth, Minn. to Milton P. Teske. The couple farmed near Truman, then moved to Spring Valley, Minn. in 1949 where they farmed until 1962. They lived in the area before moving to Stewartville, Minn. in 2003.
Upon her husband’s death, Geraldine moved to Racine in 2005. Geraldine was a homemaker. Later she was employed at the Swygman Nursing Home in Stewartville and at Charter House in Rochester for over 10 years, until her retirement in 2001. During this time she also ran an elder care service from her home in rural Spring Valley. Geraldine was a member of Sumner Center United Methodist Church in rural Racine, where she was active in its Ladies Aid and later became a member of the Stewartville United Methodist Church. She enjoyed gardening, canning, cooking, sewing, reading, listening to music and playing the piano. Geraldine enjoyed keeping busy, visiting friends and spending time with family, especially her grandchildren and great grandchildren.
The Teske family would like to thank all of Geraldine’s care providers for their loving dedication with a special thank you to Dr. Quirindongo.
Geraldine is survived by three sons – James(Elaine) of Spring Valley; John(Carol) of Grand Rapids, Minn. and Joel of Grand Meadow, Minn.; two adopted sons – Jared Teske and Justin Teske; seven grandchildren; nine great grandchildren; three sisters – Shirley Ann(James) Marshall of Grand Rapids; Leslie(Edward) Kesser of Cedar Rapids, IA and Barbara Witt (Neil Chewning) of Richmond, Va. She was preceded in death by her husband Milton and her parents.
The funeral service for Mrs. Teske was on Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at the United Methodist Church in Stewartville with Rev. Norman Witt officiating. Burial followed at Oakwood Cemetery in Rochester.