"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, November 27th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 6:09:45, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - All of those funds have been triple audited, and by people who have a ... [Read More]
Fri, Jul 19th, 2013
Posted in All Obituaries
Posted in All Obituaries
Geraldine W. Teske, 89, of Racine, Minn. died on Saturday, July 13, 2013 of natural causes at Seasons Hospice in Rochester, where she had been a resident for two days.
Geraldine Mae Witt was born on January 17, 1924 at South Ridge, Houston County, Minn. to Benjamin and Gertrude (Arnett) Witt. She grew up on the family farm, before moving with her family to Iowa as a young girl. She lived at various places, moving with her family in response to her father’s pastoral assignments to different churches. She attended high school in Fairmont, Minn., graduating in 1942. She then attended Westmar College in LeMars, IA where she received her teaching degree. She taught for one year at a one-room school house in rural Truman, Minn.. Geraldine was married on July 9, 1944 in Blue Earth, Minn. to Milton P. Teske. The couple farmed near Truman, then moved to Spring Valley, Minn. in 1949 where they farmed until 1962. They lived in the area before moving to Stewartville, Minn. in 2003.
Upon her husband’s death, Geraldine moved to Racine in 2005. Geraldine was a homemaker. Later she was employed at the Swygman Nursing Home in Stewartville and at Charter House in Rochester for over 10 years, until her retirement in 2001. During this time she also ran an elder care service from her home in rural Spring Valley. Geraldine was a member of Sumner Center United Methodist Church in rural Racine, where she was active in its Ladies Aid and later became a member of the Stewartville United Methodist Church. She enjoyed gardening, canning, cooking, sewing, reading, listening to music and playing the piano. Geraldine enjoyed keeping busy, visiting friends and spending time with family, especially her grandchildren and great grandchildren.
The Teske family would like to thank all of Geraldine’s care providers for their loving dedication with a special thank you to Dr. Quirindongo.
Geraldine is survived by three sons – James(Elaine) of Spring Valley; John(Carol) of Grand Rapids, Minn. and Joel of Grand Meadow, Minn.; two adopted sons – Jared Teske and Justin Teske; seven grandchildren; nine great grandchildren; three sisters – Shirley Ann(James) Marshall of Grand Rapids; Leslie(Edward) Kesser of Cedar Rapids, IA and Barbara Witt (Neil Chewning) of Richmond, Va. She was preceded in death by her husband Milton and her parents.
The funeral service for Mrs. Teske was on Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at the United Methodist Church in Stewartville with Rev. Norman Witt officiating. Burial followed at Oakwood Cemetery in Rochester.