Letterwerks Sign City
"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Online Edition
Saturday, October 22nd, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞

Attention Veterans, Widows and Widowers of Veterans:

Fri, Jul 5th, 2013
Posted in All The Great Outdoors

If your home sustained damage from the flooding events over the weekend of June 21, you may be able to get some assistance from the Minnesota Department of Veteran Affairs.  Some of the items that you may be able to be reimbursed back for are:

• Building Materials (Storm/high wind related)

• Cleaning Supplies

• Food - Maximum Reimbursement $500.00 with receipts dated between 6/21/2013 and 6/28/2013

• Rental costs for generators, water pumps, sump pumps, bob cats, backhoes, chain saws etc....

• Shelter costs if displaced

• Flooring (Carpet, hardwood, tile)

Applications and copies of receipts must be dated between the emergency timeframe, as designated by the Commissioner of Veterans Affairs. MDVA will accept applications for reimbursement for expenditures dated no earlier than June 21, 2013 and no later than September 30, 2013.  Applications must be postmarked no later than September 30, 2013.

To apply, Veterans from Fillmore County should call Fillmore County Veteran Services at (507) 765-4937 and Houston County Veterans should contact Houston County Veteran Services at (507) 725-5805 (Please call so we can verify you have all needed materials and documentation to make the application).

No Comments Yet. Be the first to comment!

Your comment submission is also an acknowledgement that this information may be reprinted in other formats such as the newspaper.