"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, December 26th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
- 2:47:19, Dec 21st 2014 - omg - Do u use butter. Do you use eggs. Do u feed your baby milk. I could keep going ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Elmore “Moose” Neill Winslow, 86, of Preston, Minn. died Monday morning, June 10, 2013 at St. Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn.
Funeral services were held on Saturday, June 15, at Preston Methodist Church with Pastor Michael Smith officiating. Burial was with military honors in Fillmore Cemetery, Fillmore, Minn.
Elmore was born on November 9, 1926 in Racine, Minn., the son of Glenn and Elsie (O’Neil) Winslow. He graduated from Chatfield High School in 1945 and played in the first Minnesota All-Star Football Game. He also boxed Golden Gloves and was a discus thrower in high school. That same year he was drafted into the U.S. Army Air Corps, stationed in Okinawa, Japan, where he was an airplane engineer/mechanic and worked on P47’s and B-16’s. He was discharged in 1947 and returned to the Preston area.
He married Alberta Bastian, the couple later divorced. He worked construction, hauled milk and farmed. On February 19, 1961 he married Helen Louise Linaman at Fountain Lutheran Church. The couple farmed in the area until 1985 when they moved into Preston. Elmore continued to haul milk, dug graves and helped farmers until 1988.
Elmore enjoyed fishing, hunting, gardening, flowers and socializing at Gosi’s Apple and Berry Farm and the bowling alley.
He is survived by four children; Boyd (Shelby) of Claremont, Minn., Glenn “Skeeter” of Wykoff, Minn., Ruthie (Daryn) Browning of Baraboo, Wis., Rita Winslow (James Coleman) of Rochester. 11 grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; three step-great-grandchildren; one brother; David (Helen) of Preston and one sister, Corrine Nielsen of Oregon. He was preceded in death by his parents, wife Helen, one brother Curt, one sister Dora and brother-in-law Marvin Schott.