"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, May 30th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:54:03, May 28th 2016 - what? - I'll be putting my child's name on my house! Problem solved! And I'll do it ... [Read More]
- 9:51:37, May 28th 2016 - wow - I see a guy in a girl's bathroom, well......it will not be good! ... [Read More]
- 3:25:48, May 27th 2016 - Laughing out loud - Grow up, you just proved yourself to be a moron. ... [Read More]
- 3:16:33, May 26th 2016 - SV resident - Wish this report included more of the specifics about what the public h ... [Read More]
- 1:46:00, May 26th 2016 - Livin' The Dream - grow up....Man, your parents were twisted to give you that name. ... [Read More]
- 12:26:28, May 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Paul- I have read through the above commentary and can not find muc ... [Read More]
- 10:51:07, May 26th 2016 - grow up - People that are to afraid to put there name on something they post are not ... [Read More]
- 7:23:26, May 25th 2016 - ### - You want to tell your school putting a handicap sign up on steet that will bloc ... [Read More]
- 12:35:31, May 25th 2016 - Kit Kat Bar - I don't know... Everyone gets awards these days, but that, is ONE HUGE ... [Read More]
- 4:18:09, May 24th 2016 - Give me a break - This paper has officially turned into what every comedy movie think ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Elmore “Moose” Neill Winslow, 86, of Preston, Minn. died Monday morning, June 10, 2013 at St. Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn.
Funeral services were held on Saturday, June 15, at Preston Methodist Church with Pastor Michael Smith officiating. Burial was with military honors in Fillmore Cemetery, Fillmore, Minn.
Elmore was born on November 9, 1926 in Racine, Minn., the son of Glenn and Elsie (O’Neil) Winslow. He graduated from Chatfield High School in 1945 and played in the first Minnesota All-Star Football Game. He also boxed Golden Gloves and was a discus thrower in high school. That same year he was drafted into the U.S. Army Air Corps, stationed in Okinawa, Japan, where he was an airplane engineer/mechanic and worked on P47’s and B-16’s. He was discharged in 1947 and returned to the Preston area.
He married Alberta Bastian, the couple later divorced. He worked construction, hauled milk and farmed. On February 19, 1961 he married Helen Louise Linaman at Fountain Lutheran Church. The couple farmed in the area until 1985 when they moved into Preston. Elmore continued to haul milk, dug graves and helped farmers until 1988.
Elmore enjoyed fishing, hunting, gardening, flowers and socializing at Gosi’s Apple and Berry Farm and the bowling alley.
He is survived by four children; Boyd (Shelby) of Claremont, Minn., Glenn “Skeeter” of Wykoff, Minn., Ruthie (Daryn) Browning of Baraboo, Wis., Rita Winslow (James Coleman) of Rochester. 11 grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; three step-great-grandchildren; one brother; David (Helen) of Preston and one sister, Corrine Nielsen of Oregon. He was preceded in death by his parents, wife Helen, one brother Curt, one sister Dora and brother-in-law Marvin Schott.