"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 7th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
- 6:32:58, Feb 22nd 2014 - Journalreader - WOW is what i can say to this WOW. good job journal this is one heck ... [Read More]
- 2:05:11, Feb 21st 2014 - C1 - This is much worse then a hormone it is a foreign object being placed in your bo ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Elmore “Moose” Neill Winslow, 86, of Preston, Minn. died Monday morning, June 10, 2013 at St. Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn.
Funeral services were held on Saturday, June 15, at Preston Methodist Church with Pastor Michael Smith officiating. Burial was with military honors in Fillmore Cemetery, Fillmore, Minn.
Elmore was born on November 9, 1926 in Racine, Minn., the son of Glenn and Elsie (O’Neil) Winslow. He graduated from Chatfield High School in 1945 and played in the first Minnesota All-Star Football Game. He also boxed Golden Gloves and was a discus thrower in high school. That same year he was drafted into the U.S. Army Air Corps, stationed in Okinawa, Japan, where he was an airplane engineer/mechanic and worked on P47’s and B-16’s. He was discharged in 1947 and returned to the Preston area.
He married Alberta Bastian, the couple later divorced. He worked construction, hauled milk and farmed. On February 19, 1961 he married Helen Louise Linaman at Fountain Lutheran Church. The couple farmed in the area until 1985 when they moved into Preston. Elmore continued to haul milk, dug graves and helped farmers until 1988.
Elmore enjoyed fishing, hunting, gardening, flowers and socializing at Gosi’s Apple and Berry Farm and the bowling alley.
He is survived by four children; Boyd (Shelby) of Claremont, Minn., Glenn “Skeeter” of Wykoff, Minn., Ruthie (Daryn) Browning of Baraboo, Wis., Rita Winslow (James Coleman) of Rochester. 11 grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; three step-great-grandchildren; one brother; David (Helen) of Preston and one sister, Corrine Nielsen of Oregon. He was preceded in death by his parents, wife Helen, one brother Curt, one sister Dora and brother-in-law Marvin Schott.