"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Elmore “Moose” Neill Winslow, 86, of Preston, Minn. died Monday morning, June 10, 2013 at St. Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn.
Funeral services were held on Saturday, June 15, at Preston Methodist Church with Pastor Michael Smith officiating. Burial was with military honors in Fillmore Cemetery, Fillmore, Minn.
Elmore was born on November 9, 1926 in Racine, Minn., the son of Glenn and Elsie (O’Neil) Winslow. He graduated from Chatfield High School in 1945 and played in the first Minnesota All-Star Football Game. He also boxed Golden Gloves and was a discus thrower in high school. That same year he was drafted into the U.S. Army Air Corps, stationed in Okinawa, Japan, where he was an airplane engineer/mechanic and worked on P47’s and B-16’s. He was discharged in 1947 and returned to the Preston area.
He married Alberta Bastian, the couple later divorced. He worked construction, hauled milk and farmed. On February 19, 1961 he married Helen Louise Linaman at Fountain Lutheran Church. The couple farmed in the area until 1985 when they moved into Preston. Elmore continued to haul milk, dug graves and helped farmers until 1988.
Elmore enjoyed fishing, hunting, gardening, flowers and socializing at Gosi’s Apple and Berry Farm and the bowling alley.
He is survived by four children; Boyd (Shelby) of Claremont, Minn., Glenn “Skeeter” of Wykoff, Minn., Ruthie (Daryn) Browning of Baraboo, Wis., Rita Winslow (James Coleman) of Rochester. 11 grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; three step-great-grandchildren; one brother; David (Helen) of Preston and one sister, Corrine Nielsen of Oregon. He was preceded in death by his parents, wife Helen, one brother Curt, one sister Dora and brother-in-law Marvin Schott.