"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Elmore “Moose” Neill Winslow, 86, of Preston, Minn. died Monday morning, June 10, 2013 at St. Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn.
Funeral services were held on Saturday, June 15, at Preston Methodist Church with Pastor Michael Smith officiating. Burial was with military honors in Fillmore Cemetery, Fillmore, Minn.
Elmore was born on November 9, 1926 in Racine, Minn., the son of Glenn and Elsie (O’Neil) Winslow. He graduated from Chatfield High School in 1945 and played in the first Minnesota All-Star Football Game. He also boxed Golden Gloves and was a discus thrower in high school. That same year he was drafted into the U.S. Army Air Corps, stationed in Okinawa, Japan, where he was an airplane engineer/mechanic and worked on P47’s and B-16’s. He was discharged in 1947 and returned to the Preston area.
He married Alberta Bastian, the couple later divorced. He worked construction, hauled milk and farmed. On February 19, 1961 he married Helen Louise Linaman at Fountain Lutheran Church. The couple farmed in the area until 1985 when they moved into Preston. Elmore continued to haul milk, dug graves and helped farmers until 1988.
Elmore enjoyed fishing, hunting, gardening, flowers and socializing at Gosi’s Apple and Berry Farm and the bowling alley.
He is survived by four children; Boyd (Shelby) of Claremont, Minn., Glenn “Skeeter” of Wykoff, Minn., Ruthie (Daryn) Browning of Baraboo, Wis., Rita Winslow (James Coleman) of Rochester. 11 grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; three step-great-grandchildren; one brother; David (Helen) of Preston and one sister, Corrine Nielsen of Oregon. He was preceded in death by his parents, wife Helen, one brother Curt, one sister Dora and brother-in-law Marvin Schott.