"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 28th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:55:04, Jul 27th 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr "Where are you getting this stuff?" Where I told you before----" ... [Read More]
- 12:58:29, Jul 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @lolz- meant to type Carol Mosby in my last post. ... [Read More]
- 10:35:15, Jul 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @lolz- Mr. Trump never uttered the "all" when talking about any ethn ... [Read More]
- 8:39:21, Jul 27th 2016 - Middle Man - Trump leaves a lot to be desired, hopefully if elected he surrounds hims ... [Read More]
- 7:13:53, Jul 27th 2016 - Aunt Barb - I am so proud of you, Michael, working to make this world a more peaceful ... [Read More]
- 12:36:54, Jul 27th 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 Where are you getting this stuff? One server for classified info a ... [Read More]
- 6:36:59, Jul 26th 2016 - What the ???? - @sv85 Where is this fact vs opinion stuff come from? Left luvr is mak ... [Read More]
- 2:34:51, Jul 26th 2016 - LOLZ - I think someone needs a dictionary or possibly his ears cleaned. 1) Misogyn ... [Read More]
- 1:46:43, Jul 26th 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr "I don't like Hillary because she is incompetent, that is a fact, ... [Read More]
- 9:27:19, Jul 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @lolz- you could not show one example of a bigot, racist, or misogyni ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Elmore “Moose” Neill Winslow, 86, of Preston, Minn. died Monday morning, June 10, 2013 at St. Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn.
Funeral services were held on Saturday, June 15, at Preston Methodist Church with Pastor Michael Smith officiating. Burial was with military honors in Fillmore Cemetery, Fillmore, Minn.
Elmore was born on November 9, 1926 in Racine, Minn., the son of Glenn and Elsie (O’Neil) Winslow. He graduated from Chatfield High School in 1945 and played in the first Minnesota All-Star Football Game. He also boxed Golden Gloves and was a discus thrower in high school. That same year he was drafted into the U.S. Army Air Corps, stationed in Okinawa, Japan, where he was an airplane engineer/mechanic and worked on P47’s and B-16’s. He was discharged in 1947 and returned to the Preston area.
He married Alberta Bastian, the couple later divorced. He worked construction, hauled milk and farmed. On February 19, 1961 he married Helen Louise Linaman at Fountain Lutheran Church. The couple farmed in the area until 1985 when they moved into Preston. Elmore continued to haul milk, dug graves and helped farmers until 1988.
Elmore enjoyed fishing, hunting, gardening, flowers and socializing at Gosi’s Apple and Berry Farm and the bowling alley.
He is survived by four children; Boyd (Shelby) of Claremont, Minn., Glenn “Skeeter” of Wykoff, Minn., Ruthie (Daryn) Browning of Baraboo, Wis., Rita Winslow (James Coleman) of Rochester. 11 grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; three step-great-grandchildren; one brother; David (Helen) of Preston and one sister, Corrine Nielsen of Oregon. He was preceded in death by his parents, wife Helen, one brother Curt, one sister Dora and brother-in-law Marvin Schott.