"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, May 22nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:15:00, May 20th 2015 - Shorty - Makes me feel pretty old when I read about people I knew. I would like to ... [Read More]
- 11:34:36, May 20th 2015 - SV80 - To Future: I can empathize with your regarding Hawkeye63. He exhibits all t ... [Read More]
- 12:49:06, May 19th 2015 - future - @Hawkeye63 My entire argument has been based on legal civil rights argument ... [Read More]
- 7:22:50, May 19th 2015 - hawkeye63 - There you have it fellow citizens, I sure hope America is paying attentio ... [Read More]
- 6:06:44, May 18th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Thank you for a great read. Like an addicting mini-series, I could not ... [Read More]
- 7:26:03, May 17th 2015 - future - @Hawkeye63 I'm going to address your post per sentence to make it clearer ... [Read More]
- 2:11:36, May 17th 2015 - Hawkeye63 - So in a nutshell you are fine with forcing conservative, traditional Chri ... [Read More]
- 9:45:42, May 17th 2015 - Paul - The question I have about the belief that some should not have to serve same s ... [Read More]
- 6:43:06, May 17th 2015 - Crack some heads - This is a really good article, unfortunately a lot of people can't ... [Read More]
- 9:38:48, May 16th 2015 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Thank you for providing this good article on distracted driving. ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Valerie Wendt, age 54, of Spring Valley, Minn. died Saturday June 8, 2013 at her home following a battle with cancer.
She was born October 18, 1958 in Lanesboro, Minn. to Marvin House and Georgia Bailey. Valerie was united in marriage to Jerry Wendt on February 4, 1978 at the First English Lutheran Church in Spring Valley. To this union two children were born, Jessica and Daniel. Valerie worked as a Milk Tester with DHIA Fillmore and Mower County.
She will be remembered for her great faith and love of God and Savior Jesus Christ, also her deep love for all her family. She enjoyed horseback riding, sewing, traveling and she loved to be outdoors with her horses and dogs. Valerie was a member of Pleasant Grove Church of Christ and the Happy Trails Saddle Club.
She is survived by her husband Jerry of Spring Valley, 1 daughter; Jessica (Nick) Arendt of Brooklyn Center, Minn. and 1 son; Daniel (Darla) Wendt of Spring Valley, MN, 5 grandchildren. She is also survived by her parents Marvin House of Preston, Minn. and Georgia Bailey of Spring Valley, 5 siblings; Paula (Roger) Grabau-Friedt of Rochester, Minn., Frank (Teresa) House of Spring Valley, Vanessa (Jay) Bailey of McLoud, Okla., Nancy (Mike) Hanson of Racine, Minn. and Mike House of Rochester. She was preceded in death by her brother John House and her maternal and paternal grandparents.
Funeral services for Valerie L. Wendt were held Saturday June 15, 2013 at the United Methodist Church in Stewartville, Minn. with Pastor Marcus A. Kendall of the Pleasant Grove Church of Christ officiating. Burial followed in the Millet Cemetery in Sumner Township Fillmore County. Visitation was held from 4-7 pm Friday at the Hindt Funeral Home in Spring Valley.