"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 9th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - firstname.lastname@example.org - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Valerie Wendt, age 54, of Spring Valley, Minn. died Saturday June 8, 2013 at her home following a battle with cancer.
She was born October 18, 1958 in Lanesboro, Minn. to Marvin House and Georgia Bailey. Valerie was united in marriage to Jerry Wendt on February 4, 1978 at the First English Lutheran Church in Spring Valley. To this union two children were born, Jessica and Daniel. Valerie worked as a Milk Tester with DHIA Fillmore and Mower County.
She will be remembered for her great faith and love of God and Savior Jesus Christ, also her deep love for all her family. She enjoyed horseback riding, sewing, traveling and she loved to be outdoors with her horses and dogs. Valerie was a member of Pleasant Grove Church of Christ and the Happy Trails Saddle Club.
She is survived by her husband Jerry of Spring Valley, 1 daughter; Jessica (Nick) Arendt of Brooklyn Center, Minn. and 1 son; Daniel (Darla) Wendt of Spring Valley, MN, 5 grandchildren. She is also survived by her parents Marvin House of Preston, Minn. and Georgia Bailey of Spring Valley, 5 siblings; Paula (Roger) Grabau-Friedt of Rochester, Minn., Frank (Teresa) House of Spring Valley, Vanessa (Jay) Bailey of McLoud, Okla., Nancy (Mike) Hanson of Racine, Minn. and Mike House of Rochester. She was preceded in death by her brother John House and her maternal and paternal grandparents.
Funeral services for Valerie L. Wendt were held Saturday June 15, 2013 at the United Methodist Church in Stewartville, Minn. with Pastor Marcus A. Kendall of the Pleasant Grove Church of Christ officiating. Burial followed in the Millet Cemetery in Sumner Township Fillmore County. Visitation was held from 4-7 pm Friday at the Hindt Funeral Home in Spring Valley.