"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, May 25th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:18:09, May 24th 2016 - Give me a break - This paper has officially turned into what every comedy movie think ... [Read More]
- 1:43:25, May 24th 2016 - Cervidae - In my husband's defense, he is the most unselfish person I know and anyon ... [Read More]
- 4:29:20, May 23rd 2016 - - His house and all his surrounding land is for sale, yet he's not going to move and ... [Read More]
- 11:16:49, May 23rd 2016 - Paul - Well read does not mean only reading books that you find that are in-line wit ... [Read More]
- 9:55:22, May 21st 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - You have said it very well. I, too, believe most of America is ... [Read More]
- 10:47:20, May 18th 2016 - Paul - You ask a legitimate question and one we as a country need to address with ot ... [Read More]
- 12:57:18, May 18th 2016 - Combat Veteran (Derek) - @ Paul: I agree with 100% with what you said there, asking ... [Read More]
- 10:52:23, May 17th 2016 - Paul - Obviously the commandment to love one another is not so straight forward. You ... [Read More]
- 2:59:13, May 17th 2016 - Andy OConnor - @SV Resident...I think you nailed the crux of the situation in a coupl ... [Read More]
- 2:16:26, May 17th 2016 - Corrupt - Amazes me what Wykoff continues to do. Guess who just got hired by the Cit ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Valerie Wendt, age 54, of Spring Valley, Minn. died Saturday June 8, 2013 at her home following a battle with cancer.
She was born October 18, 1958 in Lanesboro, Minn. to Marvin House and Georgia Bailey. Valerie was united in marriage to Jerry Wendt on February 4, 1978 at the First English Lutheran Church in Spring Valley. To this union two children were born, Jessica and Daniel. Valerie worked as a Milk Tester with DHIA Fillmore and Mower County.
She will be remembered for her great faith and love of God and Savior Jesus Christ, also her deep love for all her family. She enjoyed horseback riding, sewing, traveling and she loved to be outdoors with her horses and dogs. Valerie was a member of Pleasant Grove Church of Christ and the Happy Trails Saddle Club.
She is survived by her husband Jerry of Spring Valley, 1 daughter; Jessica (Nick) Arendt of Brooklyn Center, Minn. and 1 son; Daniel (Darla) Wendt of Spring Valley, MN, 5 grandchildren. She is also survived by her parents Marvin House of Preston, Minn. and Georgia Bailey of Spring Valley, 5 siblings; Paula (Roger) Grabau-Friedt of Rochester, Minn., Frank (Teresa) House of Spring Valley, Vanessa (Jay) Bailey of McLoud, Okla., Nancy (Mike) Hanson of Racine, Minn. and Mike House of Rochester. She was preceded in death by her brother John House and her maternal and paternal grandparents.
Funeral services for Valerie L. Wendt were held Saturday June 15, 2013 at the United Methodist Church in Stewartville, Minn. with Pastor Marcus A. Kendall of the Pleasant Grove Church of Christ officiating. Burial followed in the Millet Cemetery in Sumner Township Fillmore County. Visitation was held from 4-7 pm Friday at the Hindt Funeral Home in Spring Valley.