"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 28th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:53:42, Oct 25th 2016 - Aspy - It's illegal for the council to give themselves a pay raise after the electi ... [Read More]
- 4:25:39, Oct 25th 2016 - FINALLY - @Hard Truth and @ Another Kingsland parent - AMEN - You hit the nail right ... [Read More]
- 11:11:01, Oct 25th 2016 - SV Grad - The real problem with Kingsland football is not the coach. Declining enr ... [Read More]
- 11:03:42, Oct 25th 2016 - Hard Truth - Kingsland Parent---what's the larger issue you speak of and how would d ... [Read More]
- 10:39:45, Oct 24th 2016 - Another Kingsland parent - I am very proud of the work and commitment of Mr. Stinson ... [Read More]
- 2:27:07, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Has anyone running gone out to publicly say all your guns are going to ... [Read More]
- 2:23:57, Oct 24th 2016 - Kingsland parent - They should be discontinuing the football program. The Kingsland s ... [Read More]
- 2:19:33, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Coincidentally enough, I don't find much difference between Thomas Treh ... [Read More]
- 4:40:26, Oct 21st 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @What? On the contrary, it does take commitment to undermine legisl ... [Read More]
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Valerie Wendt, age 54, of Spring Valley, Minn. died Saturday June 8, 2013 at her home following a battle with cancer.
She was born October 18, 1958 in Lanesboro, Minn. to Marvin House and Georgia Bailey. Valerie was united in marriage to Jerry Wendt on February 4, 1978 at the First English Lutheran Church in Spring Valley. To this union two children were born, Jessica and Daniel. Valerie worked as a Milk Tester with DHIA Fillmore and Mower County.
She will be remembered for her great faith and love of God and Savior Jesus Christ, also her deep love for all her family. She enjoyed horseback riding, sewing, traveling and she loved to be outdoors with her horses and dogs. Valerie was a member of Pleasant Grove Church of Christ and the Happy Trails Saddle Club.
She is survived by her husband Jerry of Spring Valley, 1 daughter; Jessica (Nick) Arendt of Brooklyn Center, Minn. and 1 son; Daniel (Darla) Wendt of Spring Valley, MN, 5 grandchildren. She is also survived by her parents Marvin House of Preston, Minn. and Georgia Bailey of Spring Valley, 5 siblings; Paula (Roger) Grabau-Friedt of Rochester, Minn., Frank (Teresa) House of Spring Valley, Vanessa (Jay) Bailey of McLoud, Okla., Nancy (Mike) Hanson of Racine, Minn. and Mike House of Rochester. She was preceded in death by her brother John House and her maternal and paternal grandparents.
Funeral services for Valerie L. Wendt were held Saturday June 15, 2013 at the United Methodist Church in Stewartville, Minn. with Pastor Marcus A. Kendall of the Pleasant Grove Church of Christ officiating. Burial followed in the Millet Cemetery in Sumner Township Fillmore County. Visitation was held from 4-7 pm Friday at the Hindt Funeral Home in Spring Valley.