"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, August 28th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:59:03, Aug 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - A couple of things if I may. The first paragraph states that if ... [Read More]
- 10:35:10, Aug 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @future- not sure what polls you refer to, some polls actually show ... [Read More]
- 9:22:11, Aug 25th 2016 - future - "Both, party officials and "former" establishment members, republicans, were ... [Read More]
- 1:30:00, Aug 25th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - a couple of things:1) your first paragraph I agree with...the whole ... [Read More]
- 1:16:22, Aug 22nd 2016 - Susan@batterysolutions.com - Although alkaline batteries are allowed in the trash in ... [Read More]
- 6:31:22, Aug 21st 2016 - Boo hoo hoo! - People who can't string two words together that make sense should at l ... [Read More]
- 8:53:13, Aug 20th 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - Why does God need to be brought in to understand this conce ... [Read More]
- 12:40:36, Aug 16th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @WTH There's no need for me to mention facts that have already been cle ... [Read More]
- 4:24:11, Aug 15th 2016 - future - I'm more pointing out the logical connection an always intervening, all know ... [Read More]
- 10:05:38, Aug 14th 2016 - WTH - @ vikefan name one fact you brought to this table. As usual you are a day late ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Valerie Wendt, age 54, of Spring Valley, Minn. died Saturday June 8, 2013 at her home following a battle with cancer.
She was born October 18, 1958 in Lanesboro, Minn. to Marvin House and Georgia Bailey. Valerie was united in marriage to Jerry Wendt on February 4, 1978 at the First English Lutheran Church in Spring Valley. To this union two children were born, Jessica and Daniel. Valerie worked as a Milk Tester with DHIA Fillmore and Mower County.
She will be remembered for her great faith and love of God and Savior Jesus Christ, also her deep love for all her family. She enjoyed horseback riding, sewing, traveling and she loved to be outdoors with her horses and dogs. Valerie was a member of Pleasant Grove Church of Christ and the Happy Trails Saddle Club.
She is survived by her husband Jerry of Spring Valley, 1 daughter; Jessica (Nick) Arendt of Brooklyn Center, Minn. and 1 son; Daniel (Darla) Wendt of Spring Valley, MN, 5 grandchildren. She is also survived by her parents Marvin House of Preston, Minn. and Georgia Bailey of Spring Valley, 5 siblings; Paula (Roger) Grabau-Friedt of Rochester, Minn., Frank (Teresa) House of Spring Valley, Vanessa (Jay) Bailey of McLoud, Okla., Nancy (Mike) Hanson of Racine, Minn. and Mike House of Rochester. She was preceded in death by her brother John House and her maternal and paternal grandparents.
Funeral services for Valerie L. Wendt were held Saturday June 15, 2013 at the United Methodist Church in Stewartville, Minn. with Pastor Marcus A. Kendall of the Pleasant Grove Church of Christ officiating. Burial followed in the Millet Cemetery in Sumner Township Fillmore County. Visitation was held from 4-7 pm Friday at the Hindt Funeral Home in Spring Valley.