"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Linda M. Wead, age 64, longtime Preston, Minn. resident died Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at St. Mary’s Hospital in Rochester, Minn. after a lengthy illness.
Linda was born September 5, 1948, in Preston to Edwin and Evelyn (Weigand) Hovelson. She graduated from Preston High School in 1966.
She married Dennis Wead of Lanesboro, Minn. on April 18, 1969 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston.
Linda had several talents and trades throughout her life. She worked for AT&T Telephone., Preston Care Center, Branding Iron, Eagle Bluff and Chics Pizza. She also owned the White Corner Cafe in Fountain, Minn.
Linda was also a local artisan. She made rag rugs, garden markers, watermelon pickles, whirlygigs, canned goods and best of all, her famous holiday baking.
Linda also admired hummingbirds, pansies and her garden. She also enjoyed watching Daniel O’Donnell on TV and listening to his music.
Her most enjoyable times were spent with her grandsons, family and close friends.
She is survived by her husband Dennis, her daughter Sara (Blaine) York of Lanesboro, two grandsons, Zaccary and Harlee Wead and one step-grandson Dylan, one brother, James (Karel) Hovelson of Cornelius, North Carolina; several nieces and nephews, several great nieces and nephews and four great-great nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, her mother-in-law and father-in-law, and two brothers, Richard and Robert Hovelson.
A celebration of life will be held on Saturday, 0 June 22 at Thauwald Funeral in Preston from 1 pm to 3 pm. Burial will be at a later date.