"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Linda M. Wead, age 64, longtime Preston, Minn. resident died Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at St. Mary’s Hospital in Rochester, Minn. after a lengthy illness.
Linda was born September 5, 1948, in Preston to Edwin and Evelyn (Weigand) Hovelson. She graduated from Preston High School in 1966.
She married Dennis Wead of Lanesboro, Minn. on April 18, 1969 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston.
Linda had several talents and trades throughout her life. She worked for AT&T Telephone., Preston Care Center, Branding Iron, Eagle Bluff and Chics Pizza. She also owned the White Corner Cafe in Fountain, Minn.
Linda was also a local artisan. She made rag rugs, garden markers, watermelon pickles, whirlygigs, canned goods and best of all, her famous holiday baking.
Linda also admired hummingbirds, pansies and her garden. She also enjoyed watching Daniel O’Donnell on TV and listening to his music.
Her most enjoyable times were spent with her grandsons, family and close friends.
She is survived by her husband Dennis, her daughter Sara (Blaine) York of Lanesboro, two grandsons, Zaccary and Harlee Wead and one step-grandson Dylan, one brother, James (Karel) Hovelson of Cornelius, North Carolina; several nieces and nephews, several great nieces and nephews and four great-great nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, her mother-in-law and father-in-law, and two brothers, Richard and Robert Hovelson.
A celebration of life will be held on Saturday, 0 June 22 at Thauwald Funeral in Preston from 1 pm to 3 pm. Burial will be at a later date.