"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 26th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:30:00, Aug 25th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - a couple of things:1) your first paragraph I agree with...the whole ... [Read More]
- 1:16:22, Aug 22nd 2016 - Susan@batterysolutions.com - Although alkaline batteries are allowed in the trash in ... [Read More]
- 6:31:22, Aug 21st 2016 - Boo hoo hoo! - People who can't string two words together that make sense should at l ... [Read More]
- 8:53:13, Aug 20th 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - Why does God need to be brought in to understand this conce ... [Read More]
- 12:40:36, Aug 16th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @WTH There's no need for me to mention facts that have already been cle ... [Read More]
- 4:24:11, Aug 15th 2016 - future - I'm more pointing out the logical connection an always intervening, all know ... [Read More]
- 10:05:38, Aug 14th 2016 - WTH - @ vikefan name one fact you brought to this table. As usual you are a day late ... [Read More]
- 6:10:02, Aug 14th 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - So you're accusing me of robbing the due credit from God? I ... [Read More]
- 10:35:00, Aug 12th 2016 - VikeFan 1 - Ha, ha, ha. That's a good one, "left luvr." Whoever heard of using "fa ... [Read More]
- 10:00:45, Aug 12th 2016 - dump the chump - Funny how the ones who talk the most know the least. ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Roger Allen Vitse, 80, a lifelong Rushford, Minn. resident, died Monday, June 10, 2013 at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford. Roger was a kind and gentle man who always made you feel special no matter who you were. He had a deep love for his family and enjoyed spending time with them. His many friends remember his great sense of humor and his quick wit. He could truly make and fix about anything.
Roger was born April 19, 1933 to Henry and Florence (Johnson) Vitse. Upon graduating from Rushford High School in 1951, he enlisted in the Army and served overseas in France until 1954. He met Joan Erdmann in 1955, and they were united in marriage on a chilly winter evening on January 4, 1958 at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Hart, Minn. Roger was a member of St. Mark Lutheran Church. He assisted on the building committee and was a past church board member. In his younger years, Roger worked road construction and for Rushford Plumbing and Heating with his father.
A true outdoorsman at heart, Roger enjoyed deer, pheasant, coon and fox hunting, fishing, and collecting arrowheads and other Indian artifacts. He also loved restoring antique cars and tractors, an obsession he shared and passed down to his sons. He enjoyed reading books on the Civil War, playing cards with friends and playing endless “competitive” games of cribbage with his wife.
He was diagnosed in 1964 at the age of 31 with transverse myelitis. This limited and affected his entire life.
Roger is survived by his wife of over 55 years, Joan Vitse of Rushford; sons, Nathan (June), Eric (Cindy), Ryan (Beth) and Christian (Michelle) all of the Rushford area; grandchildren, Jordan, Bailey (Justin) Rasmussen, Alysha (Ben) Mohs, Tyler (Kayla Nelson), Jacob, Maggie, Riley and Morgan; great-grandson, Bennett; sister, Rebecca (Phillip) Rislove of Harlingen, TX; brother, Millard (Clarice) of Rochester, Minn.; many nieces and nephews. He is preceded in death by his parents; brother, Jerome; and infant sister, Helen.
Visitation was held on Thursday, June 13, 2013 at Hoff Funeral & Cremation Service in Rushford and also one hour prior to the service at church. Memorial service was held on Friday, June 14, 2013 at St. Mark Lutheran Church in Rushford with Reverend Merlin Stephan officiating.
The family prefers memorials to be directed to the Good Shepherd Lutheran Home or St. Mark Lutheran Church.
Please share a memory of Roger with his family, sign the online guestbook, and view his video tribute when it becomes available at www.hofffuneral.com.