"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Posted in Preston Obituaries
Robert “Bob” Lee Hanson, 69, of Tucson, Ariz., formerly of Preston, Minn. died Friday, June 7, 2013, at the Veterans Hospital in Tucson of emphysema.
Bob was born in Preston to Ralph and Frances (Shaw) Hanson on Oct. 18, 1943. He attended school in Preston.
He joined the U.S. Army from 1960-63. He served 2 1/2 years in Hanau, Germany, as a supply clerk and driver for the officers.
He worked and lived in California where he married Pauline Jones in 1966 and later divorced, they had a daughter, Sheila Marie. He married Rose Lopez in 1969 and later divorced, they had two sons; Robert “Robbie” Lee and Brian Lee.
Bob worked as a machinist in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Wisconsin before settling in Tucson in 2009 due to health problems.
Bob is survived by his daughter, Sheila of California; sons, Robbie (Brenda) of Arizona and Brian (Tina) of California; sisters, Carolyn Weber of Byron, Minn. Shirley Walderon of Austin, Minn. and Betty Snikter of Jamestown, N.D.; and a brother, Ralph J. (Gudrun) Hanson of Petersburg, Va.; six grandchildren; and several nieces, nephews, great-nieces, nephews and cousins.
Bob was preceded in death by his parents Ralph and Frances, sisters, Phyllis and Lorraine Hanson, and Donna (Hanson) Gerard, and an infant brother.
His body was donated to the University of Arizona in Tucson. Graveside services will be held at a later date.