"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
- 7:17:52, Sep 6th 2014 - youwho - Which would make him 15 on June 1st, 2014. The correct age to play 15U for t ... [Read More]
- 3:43:26, Sep 6th 2014 - CBJapan - The article endorses my view here in Japan. My thought; http://conserva ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Harmony Obituaries
Posted in Harmony Obituaries
David James Barnes, 52, passed away on Saturday, June 1, 2013. He was born on July 13, 1960 in Harmony, Minn. He was a longtime resident of Pleasant Prairie, Wis.
David is survived by his wife Michelle, daughter Jennifer (Nathan) Wurm and son Joshua Barnes; his mother Donna Barnes; siblings Patricia (Ray) Kirchmeyer, Donald (Julie) Barnes, Peggy (Richard) Erickson, Dennis (Renee) Barnes and Doug (Elizabeth) Barnes. He is further survived by his mother-in-law Joyce Prinsen, sister-in-law Barbara (Steven) Henry, brother in laws Michael (Bonnie) Prinsen and Andrew (Jenny) Prinsen and many special nieces and nephews whom David so loved. He was preceded in death by his father Richard Barnes, his father in law Richard Prinsen, niece Rachel Henry and nephew Ricky Barnes.
David graduated from Harmony High School in 1978. In 1981 he married Michelle Prinsen, and in 1985 David and his family moved to Kenosha, Wis., where he started the Cost Cutters and Supercuts Salons.
David was a believer in giving back to the community, and that is what he did in so many ways. His various board memberships and committee involvements in many different organizations were a true testament to who he was. Of all his community involvements, David’s most notable was the Boys and Girls Club.
Dave was a sports enthusiast, enjoying The Vikings and Badgers. Traveling was a true passion, and Jamaica had a special place in his heart. He stayed busy working in the yard, attending to his beautiful flowers and landscaping. He also enjoyed spending quality time on the lake, boating and grilling out. Wherever he was, music was always playing, and we will never forget his amazing dance moves. He had a very kind soul and people were always better off after they met him. David was a perfect husband, father and friend to those who met him. He will be dearly missed by all who knew him.
In Dave’s life the most important thing to him was spending time with family and friends, especially his wife Michelle. His heart was filled with kindness and generosity. To continue his generosity, the family would appreciate memorial donations in lieu of flowers to the Boys and Girls Club of Kenosha. The Shalom Center in Kenosha, The Good Samaritan Fund at St. Mary’s Lutheran Church in Kenosha, or The Good Samaritan Fund of The Greenleafton Reformed Church in Preston, Minn.
A funeral service was held on June 17 at Greenleafton Reformed Church near Preston.