"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 27th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:08:12, Mar 26th 2015 - saverton - Love your story Jim. . . . Good Job! ... [Read More]
- 12:35:40, Mar 26th 2015 - luver of all things left - Sorry pal, I'm kind of new to this. I'll use spellcheck f ... [Read More]
- 6:55:20, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To lover of all things left In addition please watch your spelling. I ... [Read More]
- 2:38:08, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - I take full ownership of what I wrote. Where did you get the idea that I ... [Read More]
- 12:15:11, Mar 25th 2015 - old farmer - Good job Gabrielle, just a couple extra thoughts. Animals deserve our w ... [Read More]
- 9:18:51, Mar 25th 2015 - luver of all thingss laft - Vikean1 dude don't blame them, take some ownership of wat ... [Read More]
- 11:34:43, Mar 24th 2015 - LOOKonTheBrightSide - Cheer up guys, you're all idiots regardless of political party ... [Read More]
- 11:27:21, Mar 24th 2015 - Jaded - Thanks for turning a teenager's journal project as a springboard for your ow ... [Read More]
- 8:41:18, Mar 24th 2015 - tootsie - I enjoyed your story about your great, great grandmothers Norwegian trunk. ... [Read More]
- 2:20:37, Mar 24th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To lover of all things left. Yes, you have a point. I'm afraid I have ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Harmony Obituaries
Posted in Harmony Obituaries
David James Barnes, 52, passed away on Saturday, June 1, 2013. He was born on July 13, 1960 in Harmony, Minn. He was a longtime resident of Pleasant Prairie, Wis.
David is survived by his wife Michelle, daughter Jennifer (Nathan) Wurm and son Joshua Barnes; his mother Donna Barnes; siblings Patricia (Ray) Kirchmeyer, Donald (Julie) Barnes, Peggy (Richard) Erickson, Dennis (Renee) Barnes and Doug (Elizabeth) Barnes. He is further survived by his mother-in-law Joyce Prinsen, sister-in-law Barbara (Steven) Henry, brother in laws Michael (Bonnie) Prinsen and Andrew (Jenny) Prinsen and many special nieces and nephews whom David so loved. He was preceded in death by his father Richard Barnes, his father in law Richard Prinsen, niece Rachel Henry and nephew Ricky Barnes.
David graduated from Harmony High School in 1978. In 1981 he married Michelle Prinsen, and in 1985 David and his family moved to Kenosha, Wis., where he started the Cost Cutters and Supercuts Salons.
David was a believer in giving back to the community, and that is what he did in so many ways. His various board memberships and committee involvements in many different organizations were a true testament to who he was. Of all his community involvements, David’s most notable was the Boys and Girls Club.
Dave was a sports enthusiast, enjoying The Vikings and Badgers. Traveling was a true passion, and Jamaica had a special place in his heart. He stayed busy working in the yard, attending to his beautiful flowers and landscaping. He also enjoyed spending quality time on the lake, boating and grilling out. Wherever he was, music was always playing, and we will never forget his amazing dance moves. He had a very kind soul and people were always better off after they met him. David was a perfect husband, father and friend to those who met him. He will be dearly missed by all who knew him.
In Dave’s life the most important thing to him was spending time with family and friends, especially his wife Michelle. His heart was filled with kindness and generosity. To continue his generosity, the family would appreciate memorial donations in lieu of flowers to the Boys and Girls Club of Kenosha. The Shalom Center in Kenosha, The Good Samaritan Fund at St. Mary’s Lutheran Church in Kenosha, or The Good Samaritan Fund of The Greenleafton Reformed Church in Preston, Minn.
A funeral service was held on June 17 at Greenleafton Reformed Church near Preston.