"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, May 29th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:54:03, May 28th 2016 - what? - I'll be putting my child's name on my house! Problem solved! And I'll do it ... [Read More]
- 9:51:37, May 28th 2016 - wow - I see a guy in a girl's bathroom, well......it will not be good! ... [Read More]
- 3:25:48, May 27th 2016 - Laughing out loud - Grow up, you just proved yourself to be a moron. ... [Read More]
- 3:16:33, May 26th 2016 - SV resident - Wish this report included more of the specifics about what the public h ... [Read More]
- 1:46:00, May 26th 2016 - Livin' The Dream - grow up....Man, your parents were twisted to give you that name. ... [Read More]
- 12:26:28, May 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Paul- I have read through the above commentary and can not find muc ... [Read More]
- 10:51:07, May 26th 2016 - grow up - People that are to afraid to put there name on something they post are not ... [Read More]
- 7:23:26, May 25th 2016 - ### - You want to tell your school putting a handicap sign up on steet that will bloc ... [Read More]
- 12:35:31, May 25th 2016 - Kit Kat Bar - I don't know... Everyone gets awards these days, but that, is ONE HUGE ... [Read More]
- 4:18:09, May 24th 2016 - Give me a break - This paper has officially turned into what every comedy movie think ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Harmony Obituaries
Posted in Harmony Obituaries
David James Barnes, 52, passed away on Saturday, June 1, 2013. He was born on July 13, 1960 in Harmony, Minn. He was a longtime resident of Pleasant Prairie, Wis.
David is survived by his wife Michelle, daughter Jennifer (Nathan) Wurm and son Joshua Barnes; his mother Donna Barnes; siblings Patricia (Ray) Kirchmeyer, Donald (Julie) Barnes, Peggy (Richard) Erickson, Dennis (Renee) Barnes and Doug (Elizabeth) Barnes. He is further survived by his mother-in-law Joyce Prinsen, sister-in-law Barbara (Steven) Henry, brother in laws Michael (Bonnie) Prinsen and Andrew (Jenny) Prinsen and many special nieces and nephews whom David so loved. He was preceded in death by his father Richard Barnes, his father in law Richard Prinsen, niece Rachel Henry and nephew Ricky Barnes.
David graduated from Harmony High School in 1978. In 1981 he married Michelle Prinsen, and in 1985 David and his family moved to Kenosha, Wis., where he started the Cost Cutters and Supercuts Salons.
David was a believer in giving back to the community, and that is what he did in so many ways. His various board memberships and committee involvements in many different organizations were a true testament to who he was. Of all his community involvements, David’s most notable was the Boys and Girls Club.
Dave was a sports enthusiast, enjoying The Vikings and Badgers. Traveling was a true passion, and Jamaica had a special place in his heart. He stayed busy working in the yard, attending to his beautiful flowers and landscaping. He also enjoyed spending quality time on the lake, boating and grilling out. Wherever he was, music was always playing, and we will never forget his amazing dance moves. He had a very kind soul and people were always better off after they met him. David was a perfect husband, father and friend to those who met him. He will be dearly missed by all who knew him.
In Dave’s life the most important thing to him was spending time with family and friends, especially his wife Michelle. His heart was filled with kindness and generosity. To continue his generosity, the family would appreciate memorial donations in lieu of flowers to the Boys and Girls Club of Kenosha. The Shalom Center in Kenosha, The Good Samaritan Fund at St. Mary’s Lutheran Church in Kenosha, or The Good Samaritan Fund of The Greenleafton Reformed Church in Preston, Minn.
A funeral service was held on June 17 at Greenleafton Reformed Church near Preston.