"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 7th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:19:55, Jul 7th 2015 - Let's talk - What about the sports down there. Remember what happened to the stewart ... [Read More]
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
Posted in Harmony Obituaries
Posted in Harmony Obituaries
David James Barnes, 52, passed away on Saturday, June 1, 2013. He was born on July 13, 1960 in Harmony, Minn. He was a longtime resident of Pleasant Prairie, Wis.
David is survived by his wife Michelle, daughter Jennifer (Nathan) Wurm and son Joshua Barnes; his mother Donna Barnes; siblings Patricia (Ray) Kirchmeyer, Donald (Julie) Barnes, Peggy (Richard) Erickson, Dennis (Renee) Barnes and Doug (Elizabeth) Barnes. He is further survived by his mother-in-law Joyce Prinsen, sister-in-law Barbara (Steven) Henry, brother in laws Michael (Bonnie) Prinsen and Andrew (Jenny) Prinsen and many special nieces and nephews whom David so loved. He was preceded in death by his father Richard Barnes, his father in law Richard Prinsen, niece Rachel Henry and nephew Ricky Barnes.
David graduated from Harmony High School in 1978. In 1981 he married Michelle Prinsen, and in 1985 David and his family moved to Kenosha, Wis., where he started the Cost Cutters and Supercuts Salons.
David was a believer in giving back to the community, and that is what he did in so many ways. His various board memberships and committee involvements in many different organizations were a true testament to who he was. Of all his community involvements, David’s most notable was the Boys and Girls Club.
Dave was a sports enthusiast, enjoying The Vikings and Badgers. Traveling was a true passion, and Jamaica had a special place in his heart. He stayed busy working in the yard, attending to his beautiful flowers and landscaping. He also enjoyed spending quality time on the lake, boating and grilling out. Wherever he was, music was always playing, and we will never forget his amazing dance moves. He had a very kind soul and people were always better off after they met him. David was a perfect husband, father and friend to those who met him. He will be dearly missed by all who knew him.
In Dave’s life the most important thing to him was spending time with family and friends, especially his wife Michelle. His heart was filled with kindness and generosity. To continue his generosity, the family would appreciate memorial donations in lieu of flowers to the Boys and Girls Club of Kenosha. The Shalom Center in Kenosha, The Good Samaritan Fund at St. Mary’s Lutheran Church in Kenosha, or The Good Samaritan Fund of The Greenleafton Reformed Church in Preston, Minn.
A funeral service was held on June 17 at Greenleafton Reformed Church near Preston.