"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, May 26th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:16:33, May 26th 2016 - SV resident - Wish this report included more of the specifics about what the public h ... [Read More]
- 1:46:00, May 26th 2016 - Livin' The Dream - grow up....Man, your parents were twisted to give you that name. ... [Read More]
- 12:26:28, May 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Paul- I have read through the above commentary and can not find muc ... [Read More]
- 10:51:07, May 26th 2016 - grow up - People that are to afraid to put there name on something they post are not ... [Read More]
- 7:23:26, May 25th 2016 - ### - You want to tell your school putting a handicap sign up on steet that will bloc ... [Read More]
- 12:35:31, May 25th 2016 - Kit Kat Bar - I don't know... Everyone gets awards these days, but that, is ONE HUGE ... [Read More]
- 4:18:09, May 24th 2016 - Give me a break - This paper has officially turned into what every comedy movie think ... [Read More]
- 1:43:25, May 24th 2016 - Cervidae - In my husband's defense, he is the most unselfish person I know and anyon ... [Read More]
- 4:29:20, May 23rd 2016 - - His house and all his surrounding land is for sale, yet he's not going to move and ... [Read More]
- 11:16:49, May 23rd 2016 - Paul - Well read does not mean only reading books that you find that are in-line wit ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Lanesboro Letter to the Editor
Posted in Lanesboro Letter to the Editor
To the Editor,
I was ready to make cookies only to find the package of almond bark didn’t have the recipe I needed. What to do?? I called Preston Foods, greeted with a pleasant hello. Explained my dilemma and asked if she would be so kind as to look on the brand name package that had my desired recipe. Putting me on hold, coming back with they did not have the vanilla almond bark, but the chocolate flavored. I asked if she could check if by chance it might have what I was looking for.
Again pleasantly she put me on hold and checked. Sure enough she had the recipe I needed. She gave me the recipe. I thanked her and wished her a happy day. Once I had hung up the phone I thought to myself-how nice, what great customer service and I wished I had gotten her name! Small town service can’t be beat. I wonder if my call to ___mart or other super stores would have been so pleasantly received? I’m thinking not. This brought back a memory of not too many years ago on Christmas Eve midmorning…turkey stuffed and ready to go in the oven but DISASTER STRUCK- no heat in the oven. A frantic call to Kingsley Mercantile brought John Peterson to our door to save the day - and the turkey! Again I ask, do you think I would have gotten that kind of service if I called Rochester? I think not.
How important is it to shop local? Two perfect examples that I have experienced.
In a world that at times seems to have gone mad, how important is a kind word? How do we show our thanks? What kind of customer service do we give to our fellow neighbors, brothers, sister, the widow/widower or person all alone? Do we see the needs of others or is it not my or your concern or job? Do we see the difficulties and illness of others and choose not to get involved or don’t have time?
We are all in this world together. How many of the problems of this world could be solved or avoided by caring for others. We all have something to give, I’m not speaking in monetary means - a smile, words of thanks and appreciation, a listening ear, random acts of kindness, being respectful to all. These things used to be taught to us, before the day came of teaching “don’t talk to strangers,” “I deserve it” or “I got it coming to me.” We all have had times in our life where we feel we have been treated wrongly. But it is our choice how we respond. Will we respond wrongly in return, swear, be rude or with acts of violence.
I hope you extend kindness daily to family, friends, strangers, neighbors, employer, employees, store clerks and everyone you might meet. We can made a difference in this world one kind gesture at a time.
God bless us everyone!