"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 26th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:39, Oct 25th 2016 - FINALLY - @Hard Truth and @ Another Kingsland parent - AMEN - You hit the nail right ... [Read More]
- 11:11:01, Oct 25th 2016 - SV Grad - The real problem with Kingsland football is not the coach. Declining enr ... [Read More]
- 11:03:42, Oct 25th 2016 - Hard Truth - Kingsland Parent---what's the larger issue you speak of and how would d ... [Read More]
- 10:39:45, Oct 24th 2016 - Another Kingsland parent - I am very proud of the work and commitment of Mr. Stinson ... [Read More]
- 2:27:07, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Has anyone running gone out to publicly say all your guns are going to ... [Read More]
- 2:23:57, Oct 24th 2016 - Kingsland parent - They should be discontinuing the football program. The Kingsland s ... [Read More]
- 2:19:33, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Coincidentally enough, I don't find much difference between Thomas Treh ... [Read More]
- 4:40:26, Oct 21st 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @What? On the contrary, it does take commitment to undermine legisl ... [Read More]
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
- 1:03:04, Oct 20th 2016 - Tuner - Davids working to lower health care prices is a joke... He is working in inte ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Lanesboro Letter to the Editor
Posted in Lanesboro Letter to the Editor
To the Editor,
I was ready to make cookies only to find the package of almond bark didn’t have the recipe I needed. What to do?? I called Preston Foods, greeted with a pleasant hello. Explained my dilemma and asked if she would be so kind as to look on the brand name package that had my desired recipe. Putting me on hold, coming back with they did not have the vanilla almond bark, but the chocolate flavored. I asked if she could check if by chance it might have what I was looking for.
Again pleasantly she put me on hold and checked. Sure enough she had the recipe I needed. She gave me the recipe. I thanked her and wished her a happy day. Once I had hung up the phone I thought to myself-how nice, what great customer service and I wished I had gotten her name! Small town service can’t be beat. I wonder if my call to ___mart or other super stores would have been so pleasantly received? I’m thinking not. This brought back a memory of not too many years ago on Christmas Eve midmorning…turkey stuffed and ready to go in the oven but DISASTER STRUCK- no heat in the oven. A frantic call to Kingsley Mercantile brought John Peterson to our door to save the day - and the turkey! Again I ask, do you think I would have gotten that kind of service if I called Rochester? I think not.
How important is it to shop local? Two perfect examples that I have experienced.
In a world that at times seems to have gone mad, how important is a kind word? How do we show our thanks? What kind of customer service do we give to our fellow neighbors, brothers, sister, the widow/widower or person all alone? Do we see the needs of others or is it not my or your concern or job? Do we see the difficulties and illness of others and choose not to get involved or don’t have time?
We are all in this world together. How many of the problems of this world could be solved or avoided by caring for others. We all have something to give, I’m not speaking in monetary means - a smile, words of thanks and appreciation, a listening ear, random acts of kindness, being respectful to all. These things used to be taught to us, before the day came of teaching “don’t talk to strangers,” “I deserve it” or “I got it coming to me.” We all have had times in our life where we feel we have been treated wrongly. But it is our choice how we respond. Will we respond wrongly in return, swear, be rude or with acts of violence.
I hope you extend kindness daily to family, friends, strangers, neighbors, employer, employees, store clerks and everyone you might meet. We can made a difference in this world one kind gesture at a time.
God bless us everyone!