"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, September 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Canton Obituaries
Posted in Canton Obituaries
June L. Shanks, age 82, of Canton, Minn. died Monday, May 20, 2013 from injuries received in an accident.
June was born March 5, 1931 at home in rural West Concord, Minnesota to Wilhelm and Theresa Dohrmann. She graduated from the Pine Island High School, Pine Island, Minn. in 1949. She worked at the Pine Cheese Mart and at the Red Owl grocery store in Pine Island. On November 10, 1950 she married Royce “Rudy” Shanks in Pine Island. They farmed in that area until 1962 when they moved to Winona, Minn. for a short time, and then to Canton where they owned and operated the Canton Feed and Seed until their retirement. She had also worked at the Harmony Hospital and Harmony Hotel, Harmony, Minn. Rudy later died on December 25, 1996. June was a member of the Henrytown Lutheran Church, Henrytown, Minn. and American Legion Auxiliary, and enjoyed her children and grandchildren, sewing, gardening, bird watching, traveling, fishing, and until just a few years ago, deer hunting.
June is survived by three sons, Duane (Denise) of Decorah, Iowa, Michael (Cindy) of Canton, and Daniel (Margo) of Canton; eight grandchildren; ten great-grandchildren; a brother Robert (Donna) Dohrmann; three sisters Gladys (Earl) Hopkins, Phyllis (Don) Schutz, and Adeline (Rollie) Schletty; and a daughter-in-law Lynell Shanks of Harmony. She was preceded in death by her husband, Royce (Rudy); a son Steven; and two brothers, William and his wife Donna, and Royce Dohrmann.
A memorial service was Friday, May 24, at the Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Harmony with the Rev. Paul Thompson officiating. Celebration of Life was Thursday, May 23 at the Henrytown Lutheran Church and one hour prior to services.