"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, March 9th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Canton Obituaries
Posted in Canton Obituaries
June L. Shanks, age 82, of Canton, Minn. died Monday, May 20, 2013 from injuries received in an accident.
June was born March 5, 1931 at home in rural West Concord, Minnesota to Wilhelm and Theresa Dohrmann. She graduated from the Pine Island High School, Pine Island, Minn. in 1949. She worked at the Pine Cheese Mart and at the Red Owl grocery store in Pine Island. On November 10, 1950 she married Royce “Rudy” Shanks in Pine Island. They farmed in that area until 1962 when they moved to Winona, Minn. for a short time, and then to Canton where they owned and operated the Canton Feed and Seed until their retirement. She had also worked at the Harmony Hospital and Harmony Hotel, Harmony, Minn. Rudy later died on December 25, 1996. June was a member of the Henrytown Lutheran Church, Henrytown, Minn. and American Legion Auxiliary, and enjoyed her children and grandchildren, sewing, gardening, bird watching, traveling, fishing, and until just a few years ago, deer hunting.
June is survived by three sons, Duane (Denise) of Decorah, Iowa, Michael (Cindy) of Canton, and Daniel (Margo) of Canton; eight grandchildren; ten great-grandchildren; a brother Robert (Donna) Dohrmann; three sisters Gladys (Earl) Hopkins, Phyllis (Don) Schutz, and Adeline (Rollie) Schletty; and a daughter-in-law Lynell Shanks of Harmony. She was preceded in death by her husband, Royce (Rudy); a son Steven; and two brothers, William and his wife Donna, and Royce Dohrmann.
A memorial service was Friday, May 24, at the Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Harmony with the Rev. Paul Thompson officiating. Celebration of Life was Thursday, May 23 at the Henrytown Lutheran Church and one hour prior to services.