"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 28th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:53:42, Oct 25th 2016 - Aspy - It's illegal for the council to give themselves a pay raise after the electi ... [Read More]
- 4:25:39, Oct 25th 2016 - FINALLY - @Hard Truth and @ Another Kingsland parent - AMEN - You hit the nail right ... [Read More]
- 11:11:01, Oct 25th 2016 - SV Grad - The real problem with Kingsland football is not the coach. Declining enr ... [Read More]
- 11:03:42, Oct 25th 2016 - Hard Truth - Kingsland Parent---what's the larger issue you speak of and how would d ... [Read More]
- 10:39:45, Oct 24th 2016 - Another Kingsland parent - I am very proud of the work and commitment of Mr. Stinson ... [Read More]
- 2:27:07, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Has anyone running gone out to publicly say all your guns are going to ... [Read More]
- 2:23:57, Oct 24th 2016 - Kingsland parent - They should be discontinuing the football program. The Kingsland s ... [Read More]
- 2:19:33, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Coincidentally enough, I don't find much difference between Thomas Treh ... [Read More]
- 4:40:26, Oct 21st 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @What? On the contrary, it does take commitment to undermine legisl ... [Read More]
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Canton Obituaries
Posted in Canton Obituaries
June L. Shanks, age 82, of Canton, Minn. died Monday, May 20, 2013 from injuries received in an accident.
June was born March 5, 1931 at home in rural West Concord, Minnesota to Wilhelm and Theresa Dohrmann. She graduated from the Pine Island High School, Pine Island, Minn. in 1949. She worked at the Pine Cheese Mart and at the Red Owl grocery store in Pine Island. On November 10, 1950 she married Royce “Rudy” Shanks in Pine Island. They farmed in that area until 1962 when they moved to Winona, Minn. for a short time, and then to Canton where they owned and operated the Canton Feed and Seed until their retirement. She had also worked at the Harmony Hospital and Harmony Hotel, Harmony, Minn. Rudy later died on December 25, 1996. June was a member of the Henrytown Lutheran Church, Henrytown, Minn. and American Legion Auxiliary, and enjoyed her children and grandchildren, sewing, gardening, bird watching, traveling, fishing, and until just a few years ago, deer hunting.
June is survived by three sons, Duane (Denise) of Decorah, Iowa, Michael (Cindy) of Canton, and Daniel (Margo) of Canton; eight grandchildren; ten great-grandchildren; a brother Robert (Donna) Dohrmann; three sisters Gladys (Earl) Hopkins, Phyllis (Don) Schutz, and Adeline (Rollie) Schletty; and a daughter-in-law Lynell Shanks of Harmony. She was preceded in death by her husband, Royce (Rudy); a son Steven; and two brothers, William and his wife Donna, and Royce Dohrmann.
A memorial service was Friday, May 24, at the Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Harmony with the Rev. Paul Thompson officiating. Celebration of Life was Thursday, May 23 at the Henrytown Lutheran Church and one hour prior to services.