"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:03:09, Oct 1st 2014 - davin thompson - If you walked into the R-P School High School right now, your child ... [Read More]
- 12:05:33, Oct 1st 2014 - open enrolled out for lack of curriculm choices - Thank you for the quick response; i ... [Read More]
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Canton Obituaries
Posted in Canton Obituaries
June L. Shanks, age 82, of Canton, Minn. died Monday, May 20, 2013 from injuries received in an accident.
June was born March 5, 1931 at home in rural West Concord, Minnesota to Wilhelm and Theresa Dohrmann. She graduated from the Pine Island High School, Pine Island, Minn. in 1949. She worked at the Pine Cheese Mart and at the Red Owl grocery store in Pine Island. On November 10, 1950 she married Royce “Rudy” Shanks in Pine Island. They farmed in that area until 1962 when they moved to Winona, Minn. for a short time, and then to Canton where they owned and operated the Canton Feed and Seed until their retirement. She had also worked at the Harmony Hospital and Harmony Hotel, Harmony, Minn. Rudy later died on December 25, 1996. June was a member of the Henrytown Lutheran Church, Henrytown, Minn. and American Legion Auxiliary, and enjoyed her children and grandchildren, sewing, gardening, bird watching, traveling, fishing, and until just a few years ago, deer hunting.
June is survived by three sons, Duane (Denise) of Decorah, Iowa, Michael (Cindy) of Canton, and Daniel (Margo) of Canton; eight grandchildren; ten great-grandchildren; a brother Robert (Donna) Dohrmann; three sisters Gladys (Earl) Hopkins, Phyllis (Don) Schutz, and Adeline (Rollie) Schletty; and a daughter-in-law Lynell Shanks of Harmony. She was preceded in death by her husband, Royce (Rudy); a son Steven; and two brothers, William and his wife Donna, and Royce Dohrmann.
A memorial service was Friday, May 24, at the Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Harmony with the Rev. Paul Thompson officiating. Celebration of Life was Thursday, May 23 at the Henrytown Lutheran Church and one hour prior to services.