"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, December 8th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - email@example.com - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Spring Valley Obituaries
Posted in Spring Valley Obituaries
Bernadine G. Schmidt, age 81, of Spring Valley, Minn., died Tuesday morning, May 21, 2013, at the Spring Valley Care Center.
Bernadine was born February 23, 1932, in Granger, Minn., the daughter of Harry and Nellie (Turnmire) Lange. She attended country school, Dist. 80, until the 8th grade. On December 14, 1956, she married Donald A. Schmidt in Chatfield, Minn. and the couple made their home in rural Spring Valley. She was a homemaker for a number of years until her children were older, she then started working part-time for Libby’s/Seneca Foods in Rochester, Minn. until she retired. Donald died December 2, 2002. She had been a resident of the Spring Valley Care Center since June 2005.
She loved living out in the country; it was the best place in the world to raise a family. Her talents were endless; everything from trapping gophers, butchering poultry, nursing a sick baby calf and let’s not forget her mouth watering baked goodies. You could never stop by for just a visit…there was always coffee on and you couldn’t leave without something to eat. She was famous for her ‘thin as a dime’ flaky-crust fruit pies. Either the berries came from her own garden or she had been out in the woods picking the wild blackberries. While making her pies, she always reserved extra filling and crust so that the grandchildren had their own, individual, mini-pie. Her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren were her greatest joys. She loved looking out her kitchen window and watching her grandchildren on the old walnut tree swing. Her soothing voice and gentle hands will be missed by so many.
Bernadine is survived by three daughters, Jerilyn (Larry Fishbaugher) Schmidt of Racine, Minn.; Sharlene (Dan) Aarsvold of Spring Valley and Colleen (David) Marks of Ostrander, Minn.; nine grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; two sisters, Vera Lange of Chatfield and Margaret (Gust) Lex of Stewartville, Minn.; five brothers, Jerry (Ruby) Lange of Rochester, Paul (JoAnn) Lange of Utica, Minn.; Ray Lange of Spring Valley, Roy (Kathy) Lange of Chatfield and Lee (Diane) Lange of Millville, Minn.; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her husband; one daughter, Karolyn Zwart in 2004; three infant siblings; and four brothers, Willie, Orville, Francis and Lawrence Lange.
The funeral was on Friday, May 24, 2013, at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in Spring Valley with Rev. Dennis Timmerman and Rev. Laura Fladten co-officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.