"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Wykoff Obituaries
Posted in Wykoff Obituaries
Laura Lorina Mosher, 102, of Wykoff, Minn. died Friday, May 17, 2013, at the Ostrander Care and Rehabilitation Center, Ostrander, Minn.
Laura was born on January 14, 1911, on a farm between Wykoff and Spring Valley, Minn. the daughter of John and Angie (Maricle) Bower. She attended school in Wykoff. On March 30, 1927, she married Harold Mosher in the Wykoff United Methodist Church parsonage. After their marriage they lived in Fillmore, Minn., later purchased the William Mosher family farm and built a new home on the farm. Laura worked at Valley Cleaners owned by Lavern Olsen for 15 years. She was a lifetime member of the Wykoff United Methodist Church, active in the Eastern Star and served as “Worthy Matron”. She is a founding member of the annual church chicken pie supper, making the biscuits until she was 85. She enjoyed sewing, embroidery and traveling to Florida in the winter months.
Laura is survived by two daughters, Connie (William) Bicknese of Wykoff, and June (Paul) Finke of Boynton Beach, Florida; one daughter-in-law, Barbara Mosher of Spring Valley; 12 grandchildren; 28 great-grandchildren; and 22 great-great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Harold; one daughter and son-in-law, Murlie and Jerry Beese; one son, Gordon Mosher; four sisters; one brother; one granddaughter; and one great-grandson.
Funeral services were held Saturday, May 25, 2013, at the Wykoff United Methodist Church with Pastor Amanda Larsen officiating. Burial was in the Fillmore Cemetery, Fillmore Minn.