"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Wykoff Obituaries
Posted in Wykoff Obituaries
Laura Lorina Mosher, 102, of Wykoff, Minn. died Friday, May 17, 2013, at the Ostrander Care and Rehabilitation Center, Ostrander, Minn.
Laura was born on January 14, 1911, on a farm between Wykoff and Spring Valley, Minn. the daughter of John and Angie (Maricle) Bower. She attended school in Wykoff. On March 30, 1927, she married Harold Mosher in the Wykoff United Methodist Church parsonage. After their marriage they lived in Fillmore, Minn., later purchased the William Mosher family farm and built a new home on the farm. Laura worked at Valley Cleaners owned by Lavern Olsen for 15 years. She was a lifetime member of the Wykoff United Methodist Church, active in the Eastern Star and served as “Worthy Matron”. She is a founding member of the annual church chicken pie supper, making the biscuits until she was 85. She enjoyed sewing, embroidery and traveling to Florida in the winter months.
Laura is survived by two daughters, Connie (William) Bicknese of Wykoff, and June (Paul) Finke of Boynton Beach, Florida; one daughter-in-law, Barbara Mosher of Spring Valley; 12 grandchildren; 28 great-grandchildren; and 22 great-great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Harold; one daughter and son-in-law, Murlie and Jerry Beese; one son, Gordon Mosher; four sisters; one brother; one granddaughter; and one great-grandson.
Funeral services were held Saturday, May 25, 2013, at the Wykoff United Methodist Church with Pastor Amanda Larsen officiating. Burial was in the Fillmore Cemetery, Fillmore Minn.