"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Wykoff Obituaries
Posted in Wykoff Obituaries
Laura Lorina Mosher, 102, of Wykoff, Minn. died Friday, May 17, 2013, at the Ostrander Care and Rehabilitation Center, Ostrander, Minn.
Laura was born on January 14, 1911, on a farm between Wykoff and Spring Valley, Minn. the daughter of John and Angie (Maricle) Bower. She attended school in Wykoff. On March 30, 1927, she married Harold Mosher in the Wykoff United Methodist Church parsonage. After their marriage they lived in Fillmore, Minn., later purchased the William Mosher family farm and built a new home on the farm. Laura worked at Valley Cleaners owned by Lavern Olsen for 15 years. She was a lifetime member of the Wykoff United Methodist Church, active in the Eastern Star and served as “Worthy Matron”. She is a founding member of the annual church chicken pie supper, making the biscuits until she was 85. She enjoyed sewing, embroidery and traveling to Florida in the winter months.
Laura is survived by two daughters, Connie (William) Bicknese of Wykoff, and June (Paul) Finke of Boynton Beach, Florida; one daughter-in-law, Barbara Mosher of Spring Valley; 12 grandchildren; 28 great-grandchildren; and 22 great-great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Harold; one daughter and son-in-law, Murlie and Jerry Beese; one son, Gordon Mosher; four sisters; one brother; one granddaughter; and one great-grandson.
Funeral services were held Saturday, May 25, 2013, at the Wykoff United Methodist Church with Pastor Amanda Larsen officiating. Burial was in the Fillmore Cemetery, Fillmore Minn.