"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Wykoff Obituaries
Posted in Wykoff Obituaries
Laura Lorina Mosher, 102, of Wykoff, Minn. died Friday, May 17, 2013, at the Ostrander Care and Rehabilitation Center, Ostrander, Minn.
Laura was born on January 14, 1911, on a farm between Wykoff and Spring Valley, Minn. the daughter of John and Angie (Maricle) Bower. She attended school in Wykoff. On March 30, 1927, she married Harold Mosher in the Wykoff United Methodist Church parsonage. After their marriage they lived in Fillmore, Minn., later purchased the William Mosher family farm and built a new home on the farm. Laura worked at Valley Cleaners owned by Lavern Olsen for 15 years. She was a lifetime member of the Wykoff United Methodist Church, active in the Eastern Star and served as “Worthy Matron”. She is a founding member of the annual church chicken pie supper, making the biscuits until she was 85. She enjoyed sewing, embroidery and traveling to Florida in the winter months.
Laura is survived by two daughters, Connie (William) Bicknese of Wykoff, and June (Paul) Finke of Boynton Beach, Florida; one daughter-in-law, Barbara Mosher of Spring Valley; 12 grandchildren; 28 great-grandchildren; and 22 great-great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Harold; one daughter and son-in-law, Murlie and Jerry Beese; one son, Gordon Mosher; four sisters; one brother; one granddaughter; and one great-grandson.
Funeral services were held Saturday, May 25, 2013, at the Wykoff United Methodist Church with Pastor Amanda Larsen officiating. Burial was in the Fillmore Cemetery, Fillmore Minn.