"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 7th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Chatfield Obituaries
Posted in Chatfield Obituaries
Margaret Jane “Marjane” Luedtke, 83, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at her home in Chatfield, Minn.
Marjane was born Aug. 20, 1929, in Rochester, Minn. She was the daughter of Louis and Mary (Stokes) Bradt. She graduated from Chatfield High School in 1947, and on Sept. 28, 1950, she married Carl Edward Luedtke, Jr. in Chatfield, where they made their home. Carl worked as a heating engineer at Franklin Heating Station in Rochester.
After high school, Marjane worked in medical records at the Mayo Clinic for six years, as a homemaker and daycare provider for relatives, and then as a nursing assistant at the Chosen Valley Care Center for 17 years. She was an active member of St. Mary’s Catholic Church and St. Jude’s Division until her retirement.
Marjane is survived by two sons, Carl D. Luedtke (Melissa) of Preston, Minn. and Scott Luedtke (Connie) of Rochester; and one daughter, Lynn (James) Glazier of Rochester; four grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; one brother, Jack Bradt (Darlene); one sister, Beverly Forey; and four sisters-in-law, Darlene Bradt, Dorothy Bradt, Joan Sime and Colleen Bradt.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, who died in 1987; two sisters, Rosemary (Bernie) Houghtelin and Donna Mae Bradt; three brothers, Larry, Jim and Dick Bradt; and one nephew, Steve Bradt.
A funeral Mass was held at 10:30am Saturday, May 25, at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Chatfield. Burial was in the Chatfield Cemetery.
The family expresses gratitude to Dr. Linda Ward, Visiting Angels Living Assistance Services, and Seasons Hospice for the excellent care Marjane received during the final days of her life.