"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Chatfield Obituaries
Posted in Chatfield Obituaries
Margaret Jane “Marjane” Luedtke, 83, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at her home in Chatfield, Minn.
Marjane was born Aug. 20, 1929, in Rochester, Minn. She was the daughter of Louis and Mary (Stokes) Bradt. She graduated from Chatfield High School in 1947, and on Sept. 28, 1950, she married Carl Edward Luedtke, Jr. in Chatfield, where they made their home. Carl worked as a heating engineer at Franklin Heating Station in Rochester.
After high school, Marjane worked in medical records at the Mayo Clinic for six years, as a homemaker and daycare provider for relatives, and then as a nursing assistant at the Chosen Valley Care Center for 17 years. She was an active member of St. Mary’s Catholic Church and St. Jude’s Division until her retirement.
Marjane is survived by two sons, Carl D. Luedtke (Melissa) of Preston, Minn. and Scott Luedtke (Connie) of Rochester; and one daughter, Lynn (James) Glazier of Rochester; four grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; one brother, Jack Bradt (Darlene); one sister, Beverly Forey; and four sisters-in-law, Darlene Bradt, Dorothy Bradt, Joan Sime and Colleen Bradt.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, who died in 1987; two sisters, Rosemary (Bernie) Houghtelin and Donna Mae Bradt; three brothers, Larry, Jim and Dick Bradt; and one nephew, Steve Bradt.
A funeral Mass was held at 10:30am Saturday, May 25, at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Chatfield. Burial was in the Chatfield Cemetery.
The family expresses gratitude to Dr. Linda Ward, Visiting Angels Living Assistance Services, and Seasons Hospice for the excellent care Marjane received during the final days of her life.