"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Chatfield Obituaries
Posted in Chatfield Obituaries
Raymond H. Kirtz, 71, of Chatfield, Minn. died Tuesday at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, after a brave battle with cancer. He leaves a legacy of selfless care, bright humor and deep compassion. Ray will be grieved and missed by many.
Raymond Henry Kirtz was born in 1942 in Adams, Minn. He attended Austin Vocational School, Austin, Minn. and then enlisted in the U.S. Air Force. After completing his service, he enjoyed over 30 years working as an engineering technician for IBM. He traveled several times to Germany in connection with his job and was a respected, admired and lauded employee who took extraordinary pride in a thoughtful and thorough day’s work.
That same commitment carried over in his life as an involved citizen and caring community member. Ray was a Level 4 Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do and studied at the Park Institute in Rochester, Minn. He actively supported, encouraged and promoted local youth involvement in sports activities, cheering on neighborhood kids in their basketball and baseball games, and teaching Community Ed Tae Kwon Do classes for 16 years.
Ray was recognized by all who knew him as a man of great kindness, humor, integrity and devotion. Ray and Kay were married in 2004 in Tucson, Ariz. He was a loving husband and dedicated his life to cultivating caring relationships with friends and family.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one brother, Fred.
He is survived by his beloved wife, Kay Kirtz; two sons, Robert (Elizabeth) of Farmington, and Scott (Penny) of Rochester; four siblings, Joe (Edna) Kirtz of Adams, Jerome (Marlene) Kirtz of Adams, Dorothy Peterson of Albert Lea, Minn. and Regina Bottema of Rose Creek, Minn.; four grandchildren; and many friends, neighbors and extended family members.
A celebration of Ray’s life was held Friday, May 24, at 11am at the Fillmore Free Methodist Church in Fillmore, Minn. Burial was in the Chatfield Cemetery with military honors by the Chatfield VFW Post 6913.