"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Chatfield Obituaries
Posted in Chatfield Obituaries
Lucille Ann (Hanson) Bronstad, 82, beloved wife of Melvin Bronstad for 62 years, died Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at Chosen Valley Health Care in Chatfield, Minn.
Lucille was born October 30, 1930, to Mary Katherine (Kral) Hanson and Christopher C. Hanson and raised on a farm near London, Minn. She was baptized in the First Baptist Church in Austin, Minn. After going to country schools 139 and 112 for grades 1-8, she graduated from Austin High School in 1948.
After school, she worked at Austin Dairy and then for Paul D. Jones of Hollandale, Minn, where she met Melvin. They were married July 21, 1950 in the First Baptist Church in Albert Lea, Minn. For three years they both worked at Wilson & Co in Albert Lea. In 1956 they bought a farm near Cherry Grove, Minn, where they lived and farmed, sometimes operating three farms, until July, 2012 when they purchased a town house in Spring Valley, Minn.
Lucille always loved music and dancing, helping on the farm and having a good-sized garden. She was an excellent cook like her mother and loved collecting cook books. She was also fond of jewelry.
For more than 30 years she and Mel had a band, Mel’s Polka Stars. They played throughout the Upper Midwest area.
She is survived by her husband Melvin, brother Donald Elmer Hanson; brothers-in-law Andy (Donna) Bronstad, and Loren Bronstad, and many nieces, nephews and cousins. She was preceded in death by her parents, Christopher and Mary Katherine Hanson.
Funeral services for Lucille Bronstad were held 10:30am Monday, May 20, 2013 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Ostrander, Minn., Pastor Herman Bakker officiated. Burial was held at Greenwood Cemetery in Glenville, Minn.