"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:03:09, Oct 1st 2014 - davin thompson - If you walked into the R-P School High School right now, your child ... [Read More]
- 12:05:33, Oct 1st 2014 - open enrolled out for lack of curriculm choices - Thank you for the quick response; i ... [Read More]
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Chatfield Obituaries
Posted in Chatfield Obituaries
Lucille Ann (Hanson) Bronstad, 82, beloved wife of Melvin Bronstad for 62 years, died Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at Chosen Valley Health Care in Chatfield, Minn.
Lucille was born October 30, 1930, to Mary Katherine (Kral) Hanson and Christopher C. Hanson and raised on a farm near London, Minn. She was baptized in the First Baptist Church in Austin, Minn. After going to country schools 139 and 112 for grades 1-8, she graduated from Austin High School in 1948.
After school, she worked at Austin Dairy and then for Paul D. Jones of Hollandale, Minn, where she met Melvin. They were married July 21, 1950 in the First Baptist Church in Albert Lea, Minn. For three years they both worked at Wilson & Co in Albert Lea. In 1956 they bought a farm near Cherry Grove, Minn, where they lived and farmed, sometimes operating three farms, until July, 2012 when they purchased a town house in Spring Valley, Minn.
Lucille always loved music and dancing, helping on the farm and having a good-sized garden. She was an excellent cook like her mother and loved collecting cook books. She was also fond of jewelry.
For more than 30 years she and Mel had a band, Mel’s Polka Stars. They played throughout the Upper Midwest area.
She is survived by her husband Melvin, brother Donald Elmer Hanson; brothers-in-law Andy (Donna) Bronstad, and Loren Bronstad, and many nieces, nephews and cousins. She was preceded in death by her parents, Christopher and Mary Katherine Hanson.
Funeral services for Lucille Bronstad were held 10:30am Monday, May 20, 2013 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Ostrander, Minn., Pastor Herman Bakker officiated. Burial was held at Greenwood Cemetery in Glenville, Minn.