"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:54, Oct 20th 2014 - Joel Hovland - Why do kids need a new school? Answer, they don’t! For the past 6 ... [Read More]
- 2:15:32, Oct 20th 2014 - curiosity... - Just out of curiosity for what reason is it that you believe Mr. Kaase ... [Read More]
- 10:10:04, Oct 20th 2014 - Facts - We are voting on a complete package this time. The last vote was a chopped ... [Read More]
- 9:37:50, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "I say they should respect the wishes of the voters as they were clearly told ... [Read More]
- 9:22:29, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "R-P administration and the “Vote Yes” group say we should show respect f ... [Read More]
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
- 4:11:10, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 9:46:48, Oct 19th 2014 - greatquestion - You ask a very good question. Mr. Ehler or Board Chair Mr. Linder wo ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Chatfield Obituaries
Posted in Chatfield Obituaries
Lucille Ann (Hanson) Bronstad, 82, beloved wife of Melvin Bronstad for 62 years, died Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at Chosen Valley Health Care in Chatfield, Minn.
Lucille was born October 30, 1930, to Mary Katherine (Kral) Hanson and Christopher C. Hanson and raised on a farm near London, Minn. She was baptized in the First Baptist Church in Austin, Minn. After going to country schools 139 and 112 for grades 1-8, she graduated from Austin High School in 1948.
After school, she worked at Austin Dairy and then for Paul D. Jones of Hollandale, Minn, where she met Melvin. They were married July 21, 1950 in the First Baptist Church in Albert Lea, Minn. For three years they both worked at Wilson & Co in Albert Lea. In 1956 they bought a farm near Cherry Grove, Minn, where they lived and farmed, sometimes operating three farms, until July, 2012 when they purchased a town house in Spring Valley, Minn.
Lucille always loved music and dancing, helping on the farm and having a good-sized garden. She was an excellent cook like her mother and loved collecting cook books. She was also fond of jewelry.
For more than 30 years she and Mel had a band, Mel’s Polka Stars. They played throughout the Upper Midwest area.
She is survived by her husband Melvin, brother Donald Elmer Hanson; brothers-in-law Andy (Donna) Bronstad, and Loren Bronstad, and many nieces, nephews and cousins. She was preceded in death by her parents, Christopher and Mary Katherine Hanson.
Funeral services for Lucille Bronstad were held 10:30am Monday, May 20, 2013 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Ostrander, Minn., Pastor Herman Bakker officiated. Burial was held at Greenwood Cemetery in Glenville, Minn.