"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, September 30th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:26:29, Sep 27th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @ Kim Wentworth, ^the last post was from me. I just wanted to be c ... [Read More]
- 3:44:00, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Thomas E. H.- the planet's temp changes, goes thru cycles, a tweak u ... [Read More]
- 1:58:02, Sep 27th 2016 - @ Kim Wentworth - That previous post was directed to Mr. Schwartzentruber. If you ha ... [Read More]
- 10:10:34, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @ Thomas E. H.- I will have to rely on you to tell me if you are jok ... [Read More]
- 9:15:13, Sep 26th 2016 - Patriot - Hello Hum. I disagree with your view on running K9 officers by vehicles in ... [Read More]
- 2:44:07, Sep 26th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - I would like to thank Mr. Schwartzentruber for illuminating Agenda 21. ... [Read More]
- 2:06:32, Sep 26th 2016 - Aaron Bishop - @ Kim Wentworth, Thank you for your comment. I did indeed mull that ... [Read More]
- 1:26:51, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - From the top: while neither side is perfect in the area of "facts" fo ... [Read More]
- 1:08:55, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - I think in the beginning you should have used the words "democrat" an ... [Read More]
- 12:45:42, Sep 26th 2016 - Hey Hum... - Is it rummer or rumor? ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Chatfield Obituaries
Posted in Chatfield Obituaries
Lucille Ann (Hanson) Bronstad, 82, beloved wife of Melvin Bronstad for 62 years, died Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at Chosen Valley Health Care in Chatfield, Minn.
Lucille was born October 30, 1930, to Mary Katherine (Kral) Hanson and Christopher C. Hanson and raised on a farm near London, Minn. She was baptized in the First Baptist Church in Austin, Minn. After going to country schools 139 and 112 for grades 1-8, she graduated from Austin High School in 1948.
After school, she worked at Austin Dairy and then for Paul D. Jones of Hollandale, Minn, where she met Melvin. They were married July 21, 1950 in the First Baptist Church in Albert Lea, Minn. For three years they both worked at Wilson & Co in Albert Lea. In 1956 they bought a farm near Cherry Grove, Minn, where they lived and farmed, sometimes operating three farms, until July, 2012 when they purchased a town house in Spring Valley, Minn.
Lucille always loved music and dancing, helping on the farm and having a good-sized garden. She was an excellent cook like her mother and loved collecting cook books. She was also fond of jewelry.
For more than 30 years she and Mel had a band, Mel’s Polka Stars. They played throughout the Upper Midwest area.
She is survived by her husband Melvin, brother Donald Elmer Hanson; brothers-in-law Andy (Donna) Bronstad, and Loren Bronstad, and many nieces, nephews and cousins. She was preceded in death by her parents, Christopher and Mary Katherine Hanson.
Funeral services for Lucille Bronstad were held 10:30am Monday, May 20, 2013 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Ostrander, Minn., Pastor Herman Bakker officiated. Burial was held at Greenwood Cemetery in Glenville, Minn.