"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, December 10th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - firstname.lastname@example.org - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, May 24th, 2013
Posted in Chatfield Obituaries
Posted in Chatfield Obituaries
Lucille Ann (Hanson) Bronstad, 82, beloved wife of Melvin Bronstad for 62 years, died Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at Chosen Valley Health Care in Chatfield, Minn.
Lucille was born October 30, 1930, to Mary Katherine (Kral) Hanson and Christopher C. Hanson and raised on a farm near London, Minn. She was baptized in the First Baptist Church in Austin, Minn. After going to country schools 139 and 112 for grades 1-8, she graduated from Austin High School in 1948.
After school, she worked at Austin Dairy and then for Paul D. Jones of Hollandale, Minn, where she met Melvin. They were married July 21, 1950 in the First Baptist Church in Albert Lea, Minn. For three years they both worked at Wilson & Co in Albert Lea. In 1956 they bought a farm near Cherry Grove, Minn, where they lived and farmed, sometimes operating three farms, until July, 2012 when they purchased a town house in Spring Valley, Minn.
Lucille always loved music and dancing, helping on the farm and having a good-sized garden. She was an excellent cook like her mother and loved collecting cook books. She was also fond of jewelry.
For more than 30 years she and Mel had a band, Mel’s Polka Stars. They played throughout the Upper Midwest area.
She is survived by her husband Melvin, brother Donald Elmer Hanson; brothers-in-law Andy (Donna) Bronstad, and Loren Bronstad, and many nieces, nephews and cousins. She was preceded in death by her parents, Christopher and Mary Katherine Hanson.
Funeral services for Lucille Bronstad were held 10:30am Monday, May 20, 2013 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Ostrander, Minn., Pastor Herman Bakker officiated. Burial was held at Greenwood Cemetery in Glenville, Minn.