"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 26th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:17:49, Jul 25th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @ sv85- Wassermann gets fired and where dies the little turd, oops I ... [Read More]
- 3:35:40, Jul 25th 2016 - SV85 - I don't know why I waste my time writing posts to right wingers who have only ... [Read More]
- 1:38:43, Jul 25th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @ vikefan1 and the rest of you libs- this is too funny. if you want h ... [Read More]
- 1:29:16, Jul 25th 2016 - Oh man - @Stan, thanks for your perspective. I think most people are clueless as to h ... [Read More]
- 12:40:21, Jul 25th 2016 - former left winger - And now we find out the DNC did everything in their power to ge ... [Read More]
- 10:55:11, Jul 24th 2016 - oof dah - Here we go again in Peterson, don't they know any better! It looks like s ... [Read More]
- 9:14:30, Jul 23rd 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 This discussion was never about my bias, it was about yours, which ... [Read More]
- 1:23:08, Jul 23rd 2016 - Stan Gudmundson - Hillary nearly committed or actually did commit treason. I've had ... [Read More]
- 9:45:34, Jul 22nd 2016 - left luvr - You seem to be missing the point of this discussion, you are not as unbia ... [Read More]
- 12:18:31, Jul 22nd 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr I am amazed at your seeming inability (or refusal) to distinguis ... [Read More]
Fri, May 10th, 2013
Posted in All Letter to the Editor
Posted in All Letter to the Editor
To the Editor,
A culture war is waging to dismantle the Judeo-Christian foundation of this nation. In efforts to redefine traditional marriage, those advocating same-sex marriage claim this is a “marriage equality” issue. But this is a moral issue, attempting to redefine a godly institution rooted in the biblical scriptures.
Forcing the institutionalizing of same-sex marriage upon Minnesota citizens is not only reprehensible, but is also an assault on religious liberty. This attack upon scripture will force Bible believers to violate the law when it forces them to violate their conscience beneath the suffocating tyranny of “political correctness”.
Marriage, as instituted by God, has limitations. In the scriptures Jesus states one male and female joining together, not “Party A” and “Party B.”
Biblical moral standards are ingrained into American culture from its inception. Redefining marriage opposes God’s Word and natural law, opening a Pandora’s Box of moral chaos.
If marriage solely between men and women were “limiting,” wouldn’t it also be limiting that marriage be just between two individuals? Wouldn’t polygamy, polyandry, and multiple marriages be scrutinized as “marriage equality?” Couldn’t “marriage equality” be raised in defense of child or adult/child marriage as well? Would this be progressive enlightenment?
God’s standard for marriage must be maintained to preserve an ordered society with moral integrity. One can call a dog’s tail a leg, but that doesn’t make it one. Our right to life and liberty is from the Lord. This makes our constitutional government possible. John Adams asserted, “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
Traditional families are the bedrock of our society. Destroy the God-ordained family and the fabric of our nation crumbles. The decision of Minnesota lawmakers will either affirm or undermine our Judeo-Christian heritage and religious freedom.