"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 7th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:53:37, Oct 6th 2015 - Concerned - Has the school board & administration ever checked into why so many studen ... [Read More]
- 9:58:41, Oct 6th 2015 - - Why don't you run for school board, SomethingNeedsToBeDone? Write-in candidates we ... [Read More]
- 2:05:39, Oct 5th 2015 - Paul - The Quaran does not tell Muslims to kill non-muslims. In fact it says Muslims a ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Oct 5th 2015 - GoldenRule - Let us be mindful of the Golden Rule and how we treat others. Be careful ... [Read More]
- 11:32:26, Oct 5th 2015 - SomethingNeedsToBeDone - Are people blind?? How can they continue to use a facility ... [Read More]
- 11:23:54, Oct 5th 2015 - James1952 - Pig poker- what did you crybaby vote yes losers do both times you lost th ... [Read More]
- 10:51:29, Oct 5th 2015 - Pig poker - We all know why Jon Peterson doesn't want the school, he's mad because he ... [Read More]
- 10:37:45, Oct 5th 2015 - - Mr. Cerling(and many others), Let me start by admitting that I am beneath you in ... [Read More]
- 7:33:17, Oct 4th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Talk about drinking the Liberal Kool-Aid, WOW! WOW! WOW! Obama not a Mus ... [Read More]
- 4:42:50, Oct 4th 2015 - Claudia Larson - What they passed was not Comprehensive Immigration as there wasn't on ... [Read More]
Fri, May 10th, 2013
Posted in All Letter to the Editor
Posted in All Letter to the Editor
To the Editor,
A culture war is waging to dismantle the Judeo-Christian foundation of this nation. In efforts to redefine traditional marriage, those advocating same-sex marriage claim this is a “marriage equality” issue. But this is a moral issue, attempting to redefine a godly institution rooted in the biblical scriptures.
Forcing the institutionalizing of same-sex marriage upon Minnesota citizens is not only reprehensible, but is also an assault on religious liberty. This attack upon scripture will force Bible believers to violate the law when it forces them to violate their conscience beneath the suffocating tyranny of “political correctness”.
Marriage, as instituted by God, has limitations. In the scriptures Jesus states one male and female joining together, not “Party A” and “Party B.”
Biblical moral standards are ingrained into American culture from its inception. Redefining marriage opposes God’s Word and natural law, opening a Pandora’s Box of moral chaos.
If marriage solely between men and women were “limiting,” wouldn’t it also be limiting that marriage be just between two individuals? Wouldn’t polygamy, polyandry, and multiple marriages be scrutinized as “marriage equality?” Couldn’t “marriage equality” be raised in defense of child or adult/child marriage as well? Would this be progressive enlightenment?
God’s standard for marriage must be maintained to preserve an ordered society with moral integrity. One can call a dog’s tail a leg, but that doesn’t make it one. Our right to life and liberty is from the Lord. This makes our constitutional government possible. John Adams asserted, “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
Traditional families are the bedrock of our society. Destroy the God-ordained family and the fabric of our nation crumbles. The decision of Minnesota lawmakers will either affirm or undermine our Judeo-Christian heritage and religious freedom.