"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, March 5th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:29:56, Mar 4th 2015 - SV 78 - OK fine we live by natural law. How does that apply to homosexuality? ... [Read More]
- 6:39:18, Mar 4th 2015 - disappointed - DOC.....WHY DO U THINK I WORK AT MAYO? BELIEVE ME WHEN MY CHILD GRADUAT ... [Read More]
- 11:11:29, Mar 3rd 2015 - doc - Apparently Harmony Telephone doesn't have billions in cash to spend on internet ... [Read More]
- 7:56:16, Mar 3rd 2015 - Bear - Why does the Journal even print this garbage? I would like to know the drugs t ... [Read More]
- 4:37:50, Mar 3rd 2015 - next - Now let's talk about the idiots who push there snow into the street. Even a 5th ... [Read More]
- 7:24:02, Mar 2nd 2015 - disappointed - I could work from home. But internet is not secure enough ... [Read More]
- 3:43:36, Mar 2nd 2015 - agreed - The cable and internet here is absolutely ridiculous. Harmony residents pay ... [Read More]
- 2:30:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - Be honest - Wood- That is true, but most people won't even spend that. Hopefully, th ... [Read More]
- 10:14:18, Mar 2nd 2015 - Wood - Be Honest, you can ask the Minnesota Information Policy Analysis Division (IPA ... [Read More]
- 6:41:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - gotoutofthere - If the residents would treat the new people with respect maybe they wo ... [Read More]
Do you feel we should give up on observing Punxsutawney Phil to predict the remaining length of winter?
Fri, May 10th, 2013
Posted in All Letter to the Editor
Posted in All Letter to the Editor
To the Editor,
A culture war is waging to dismantle the Judeo-Christian foundation of this nation. In efforts to redefine traditional marriage, those advocating same-sex marriage claim this is a “marriage equality” issue. But this is a moral issue, attempting to redefine a godly institution rooted in the biblical scriptures.
Forcing the institutionalizing of same-sex marriage upon Minnesota citizens is not only reprehensible, but is also an assault on religious liberty. This attack upon scripture will force Bible believers to violate the law when it forces them to violate their conscience beneath the suffocating tyranny of “political correctness”.
Marriage, as instituted by God, has limitations. In the scriptures Jesus states one male and female joining together, not “Party A” and “Party B.”
Biblical moral standards are ingrained into American culture from its inception. Redefining marriage opposes God’s Word and natural law, opening a Pandora’s Box of moral chaos.
If marriage solely between men and women were “limiting,” wouldn’t it also be limiting that marriage be just between two individuals? Wouldn’t polygamy, polyandry, and multiple marriages be scrutinized as “marriage equality?” Couldn’t “marriage equality” be raised in defense of child or adult/child marriage as well? Would this be progressive enlightenment?
God’s standard for marriage must be maintained to preserve an ordered society with moral integrity. One can call a dog’s tail a leg, but that doesn’t make it one. Our right to life and liberty is from the Lord. This makes our constitutional government possible. John Adams asserted, “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
Traditional families are the bedrock of our society. Destroy the God-ordained family and the fabric of our nation crumbles. The decision of Minnesota lawmakers will either affirm or undermine our Judeo-Christian heritage and religious freedom.