"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, March 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:52:28, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - Vikefan, The main difference between me an you is I have my own opinion. ... [Read More]
- 11:09:25, Mar 30th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Typical Obama violating protocol by using executive actions? Do you ... [Read More]
- 8:26:07, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - "To bypass the President of the United States and invite the leader of a f ... [Read More]
- 6:05:13, Mar 28th 2015 - Fillmore mom - I really enjoyed this article, too bad others used it as their persona ... [Read More]
- 12:29:12, Mar 28th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Thanks! About blindly following Obama and his governing policies, yo ... [Read More]
- 5:23:52, Mar 27th 2015 - Jimbo79 - Sure, small towns have overlapping news. It seems odd that one should foll ... [Read More]
- 5:18:28, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, To expand on my previous post:,Let me ask you a que ... [Read More]
- 4:44:20, Mar 27th 2015 - Thanks! - I have read your articles for quite awhile now, always amazed that you seem ... [Read More]
- 4:26:44, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, So what if the Bluff Valley Reader had an article ... [Read More]
- 3:09:10, Mar 27th 2015 - johnqpublic - This looks familiar...where else have I read this? Just looks so famil ... [Read More]
Fri, May 10th, 2013
Posted in All Letter to the Editor
Posted in All Letter to the Editor
To the Editor,
A culture war is waging to dismantle the Judeo-Christian foundation of this nation. In efforts to redefine traditional marriage, those advocating same-sex marriage claim this is a “marriage equality” issue. But this is a moral issue, attempting to redefine a godly institution rooted in the biblical scriptures.
Forcing the institutionalizing of same-sex marriage upon Minnesota citizens is not only reprehensible, but is also an assault on religious liberty. This attack upon scripture will force Bible believers to violate the law when it forces them to violate their conscience beneath the suffocating tyranny of “political correctness”.
Marriage, as instituted by God, has limitations. In the scriptures Jesus states one male and female joining together, not “Party A” and “Party B.”
Biblical moral standards are ingrained into American culture from its inception. Redefining marriage opposes God’s Word and natural law, opening a Pandora’s Box of moral chaos.
If marriage solely between men and women were “limiting,” wouldn’t it also be limiting that marriage be just between two individuals? Wouldn’t polygamy, polyandry, and multiple marriages be scrutinized as “marriage equality?” Couldn’t “marriage equality” be raised in defense of child or adult/child marriage as well? Would this be progressive enlightenment?
God’s standard for marriage must be maintained to preserve an ordered society with moral integrity. One can call a dog’s tail a leg, but that doesn’t make it one. Our right to life and liberty is from the Lord. This makes our constitutional government possible. John Adams asserted, “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
Traditional families are the bedrock of our society. Destroy the God-ordained family and the fabric of our nation crumbles. The decision of Minnesota lawmakers will either affirm or undermine our Judeo-Christian heritage and religious freedom.