"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, August 28th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:59:03, Aug 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - A couple of things if I may. The first paragraph states that if ... [Read More]
- 10:35:10, Aug 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @future- not sure what polls you refer to, some polls actually show ... [Read More]
- 9:22:11, Aug 25th 2016 - future - "Both, party officials and "former" establishment members, republicans, were ... [Read More]
- 1:30:00, Aug 25th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - a couple of things:1) your first paragraph I agree with...the whole ... [Read More]
- 1:16:22, Aug 22nd 2016 - Susan@batterysolutions.com - Although alkaline batteries are allowed in the trash in ... [Read More]
- 6:31:22, Aug 21st 2016 - Boo hoo hoo! - People who can't string two words together that make sense should at l ... [Read More]
- 8:53:13, Aug 20th 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - Why does God need to be brought in to understand this conce ... [Read More]
- 12:40:36, Aug 16th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @WTH There's no need for me to mention facts that have already been cle ... [Read More]
- 4:24:11, Aug 15th 2016 - future - I'm more pointing out the logical connection an always intervening, all know ... [Read More]
- 10:05:38, Aug 14th 2016 - WTH - @ vikefan name one fact you brought to this table. As usual you are a day late ... [Read More]
Fri, May 10th, 2013
Posted in All Letter to the Editor
Posted in All Letter to the Editor
To the Editor,
A culture war is waging to dismantle the Judeo-Christian foundation of this nation. In efforts to redefine traditional marriage, those advocating same-sex marriage claim this is a “marriage equality” issue. But this is a moral issue, attempting to redefine a godly institution rooted in the biblical scriptures.
Forcing the institutionalizing of same-sex marriage upon Minnesota citizens is not only reprehensible, but is also an assault on religious liberty. This attack upon scripture will force Bible believers to violate the law when it forces them to violate their conscience beneath the suffocating tyranny of “political correctness”.
Marriage, as instituted by God, has limitations. In the scriptures Jesus states one male and female joining together, not “Party A” and “Party B.”
Biblical moral standards are ingrained into American culture from its inception. Redefining marriage opposes God’s Word and natural law, opening a Pandora’s Box of moral chaos.
If marriage solely between men and women were “limiting,” wouldn’t it also be limiting that marriage be just between two individuals? Wouldn’t polygamy, polyandry, and multiple marriages be scrutinized as “marriage equality?” Couldn’t “marriage equality” be raised in defense of child or adult/child marriage as well? Would this be progressive enlightenment?
God’s standard for marriage must be maintained to preserve an ordered society with moral integrity. One can call a dog’s tail a leg, but that doesn’t make it one. Our right to life and liberty is from the Lord. This makes our constitutional government possible. John Adams asserted, “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
Traditional families are the bedrock of our society. Destroy the God-ordained family and the fabric of our nation crumbles. The decision of Minnesota lawmakers will either affirm or undermine our Judeo-Christian heritage and religious freedom.