"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, May 10th, 2013
Posted in Fountain Obituaries
Posted in Fountain Obituaries
Marjorie Pauline Spelhaug, 83, of Fountain, Minn. died Wednesday, May 8, 2013, at Samaritan Bethany Home on Eighth in Rochester, Minn. where she had been for two days.
Marge was born Aug. 11, 1929, in Whalan to Adolph and Elva (Sorum) Evenson. She graduated from Lanesboro High School in 1947, and Winona Teacher’s College. On Dec. 29, 1956, she married Vernon Hubert Spelhaug at the Whalan Lutheran Church. The couple lived in rural Chatfield and Fountain. Marjorie worked for the First State Bank of Fountain for 28 years and retired in 1995, and Vernon retired from the city of Fountain. Vernon passed away Nov. 1, 2001.
She was a member of the WELCA, Red Hats, the Eastern Star and the American Legion Auxiliary. She was a Faith Partner at Root Prairie Lutheran Church in Fountain. Marjorie enjoyed reading, crosswords, TV and especially spending time with her family.
Marge is survived by her daughter, Kathy Jo (Mike) Ferguson of Rochester; her son, Mark (Jeanne) Spelhaug of Bethany, Mo.; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren who brightened her days. She is also survived by several nieces and nephews, including beloved nieces, Dannette Doschadis and Virgene Jacobson.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Vernon; one brother, Darroll Evenson and one sister, Eileen Doschadis.
Funeral service was held Saturday, May 11, at the Root Prairie Lutheran Church in Fountain, with Pastor Paul Forde officiating. Burial was in the Root Prairie Lutheran Cemetery.