"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:43:52, Oct 25th 2014 - wow - SMDH....JUST WOW.....if the kids r trespassing go shead and spray them!! Spray ... [Read More]
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
Fri, May 10th, 2013
Posted in Fountain Obituaries
Posted in Fountain Obituaries
Marjorie Pauline Spelhaug, 83, of Fountain, Minn. died Wednesday, May 8, 2013, at Samaritan Bethany Home on Eighth in Rochester, Minn. where she had been for two days.
Marge was born Aug. 11, 1929, in Whalan to Adolph and Elva (Sorum) Evenson. She graduated from Lanesboro High School in 1947, and Winona Teacher’s College. On Dec. 29, 1956, she married Vernon Hubert Spelhaug at the Whalan Lutheran Church. The couple lived in rural Chatfield and Fountain. Marjorie worked for the First State Bank of Fountain for 28 years and retired in 1995, and Vernon retired from the city of Fountain. Vernon passed away Nov. 1, 2001.
She was a member of the WELCA, Red Hats, the Eastern Star and the American Legion Auxiliary. She was a Faith Partner at Root Prairie Lutheran Church in Fountain. Marjorie enjoyed reading, crosswords, TV and especially spending time with her family.
Marge is survived by her daughter, Kathy Jo (Mike) Ferguson of Rochester; her son, Mark (Jeanne) Spelhaug of Bethany, Mo.; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren who brightened her days. She is also survived by several nieces and nephews, including beloved nieces, Dannette Doschadis and Virgene Jacobson.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Vernon; one brother, Darroll Evenson and one sister, Eileen Doschadis.
Funeral service was held Saturday, May 11, at the Root Prairie Lutheran Church in Fountain, with Pastor Paul Forde officiating. Burial was in the Root Prairie Lutheran Cemetery.