"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, April 27th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:13:19, Apr 27th 2015 - middle ground - Do you "enlightened' people who say the science is settled know that ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Apr 27th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - at doc- NEWS FLASH, Al Gore just stated the reason for the drought In ... [Read More]
- 5:45:13, Apr 26th 2015 - LOLZ - Do the corporations disclose the list of chemicals used in fracking? I didn't ... [Read More]
- 11:13:40, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - I think this is a little hysterical given this sand has been widely used ... [Read More]
- 10:59:21, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - Mr. Panko, a few facts to interject: 1] There is no lack of state and f ... [Read More]
- 10:21:24, Apr 25th 2015 - ScienceMan - Mr. Earley, please listen to how illogical your opposition is to Mr. Re ... [Read More]
- 8:18:02, Apr 25th 2015 - doc - It sure is a never ending source of amusement for me to read the right wingers' ... [Read More]
- 12:28:34, Apr 24th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - to science dude and rest of you liberal tatters: www.forbes.com/... ... [Read More]
- 12:50:38, Apr 21st 2015 - email@example.com - Thanks for the awesome tribute to the many firemen involved and ... [Read More]
- 8:36:39, Apr 21st 2015 - cheryl erickson mahaffay - Henrytown Lutheran Church has shaped me ll my life. I will ... [Read More]
Fri, May 10th, 2013
Posted in Fountain Obituaries
Posted in Fountain Obituaries
Marjorie Pauline Spelhaug, 83, of Fountain, Minn. died Wednesday, May 8, 2013, at Samaritan Bethany Home on Eighth in Rochester, Minn. where she had been for two days.
Marge was born Aug. 11, 1929, in Whalan to Adolph and Elva (Sorum) Evenson. She graduated from Lanesboro High School in 1947, and Winona Teacher’s College. On Dec. 29, 1956, she married Vernon Hubert Spelhaug at the Whalan Lutheran Church. The couple lived in rural Chatfield and Fountain. Marjorie worked for the First State Bank of Fountain for 28 years and retired in 1995, and Vernon retired from the city of Fountain. Vernon passed away Nov. 1, 2001.
She was a member of the WELCA, Red Hats, the Eastern Star and the American Legion Auxiliary. She was a Faith Partner at Root Prairie Lutheran Church in Fountain. Marjorie enjoyed reading, crosswords, TV and especially spending time with her family.
Marge is survived by her daughter, Kathy Jo (Mike) Ferguson of Rochester; her son, Mark (Jeanne) Spelhaug of Bethany, Mo.; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren who brightened her days. She is also survived by several nieces and nephews, including beloved nieces, Dannette Doschadis and Virgene Jacobson.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Vernon; one brother, Darroll Evenson and one sister, Eileen Doschadis.
Funeral service was held Saturday, May 11, at the Root Prairie Lutheran Church in Fountain, with Pastor Paul Forde officiating. Burial was in the Root Prairie Lutheran Cemetery.