"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, October 23rd, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:40:26, Oct 21st 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @What? On the contrary, it does take commitment to undermine legisl ... [Read More]
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
- 1:03:04, Oct 20th 2016 - Tuner - Davids working to lower health care prices is a joke... He is working in inte ... [Read More]
- 11:04:10, Oct 19th 2016 - - weird, he is concerned about the budget but two members of the council tried nume ... [Read More]
- 3:15:21, Oct 19th 2016 - Please not again! - I wish he would have said how he spent all of the First Responder ... [Read More]
- 3:09:30, Oct 19th 2016 - What? - I don't think anyone needs to be committed to undermine MNsure. It is a joke ... [Read More]
- 1:50:43, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - A reminder: Jesus hung out with and accepted prostitutes and thieves. Discr ... [Read More]
- 1:41:12, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - This is spot on. We need new leadership! Leadership that will work for the ... [Read More]
- 9:01:06, Oct 19th 2016 - email@example.com - I just want to thank these wonderful people for coming t ... [Read More]
- 4:22:41, Oct 17th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - I don't see how this view differs from Davids' opponent, Thomas Trehus. ... [Read More]
Fri, May 10th, 2013
Posted in Fountain Obituaries
Posted in Fountain Obituaries
Marjorie Pauline Spelhaug, 83, of Fountain, Minn. died Wednesday, May 8, 2013, at Samaritan Bethany Home on Eighth in Rochester, Minn. where she had been for two days.
Marge was born Aug. 11, 1929, in Whalan to Adolph and Elva (Sorum) Evenson. She graduated from Lanesboro High School in 1947, and Winona Teacher’s College. On Dec. 29, 1956, she married Vernon Hubert Spelhaug at the Whalan Lutheran Church. The couple lived in rural Chatfield and Fountain. Marjorie worked for the First State Bank of Fountain for 28 years and retired in 1995, and Vernon retired from the city of Fountain. Vernon passed away Nov. 1, 2001.
She was a member of the WELCA, Red Hats, the Eastern Star and the American Legion Auxiliary. She was a Faith Partner at Root Prairie Lutheran Church in Fountain. Marjorie enjoyed reading, crosswords, TV and especially spending time with her family.
Marge is survived by her daughter, Kathy Jo (Mike) Ferguson of Rochester; her son, Mark (Jeanne) Spelhaug of Bethany, Mo.; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren who brightened her days. She is also survived by several nieces and nephews, including beloved nieces, Dannette Doschadis and Virgene Jacobson.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Vernon; one brother, Darroll Evenson and one sister, Eileen Doschadis.
Funeral service was held Saturday, May 11, at the Root Prairie Lutheran Church in Fountain, with Pastor Paul Forde officiating. Burial was in the Root Prairie Lutheran Cemetery.