"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, December 12th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - firstname.lastname@example.org - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, May 10th, 2013
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Henry M. Colbenson, 78, of Rushford, Minn. died on Sunday, May 5, 2013, at his home.
Henry was born on February 6, 1935, in Money Creek Township of Houston County, Minn. to N. John and Marie (Thompson) Colbenson. He was raised in rural Rushford and graduated from Rushford High School in 1953. He served in the U.S. Army as an Army Specialist from November 15, 1956, to November 15, 1958, and in the Army Reserves until November 15, 1962.
On October 3, 1959, Henry married Jeannette Oldendorf in Winona, Minn. He attended Winona Vocational School in the Business and Marketing program. Henry spent most of his career as an independent insurance agent.
Henry was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church and the Rushford Lions Club where he received the Melvin Jones Award. Henry was also a member of the Mystic Star Lodge #69 in Rushford, where he received the Hiram Award. He sponsored and played softball for the First National Agency softball team.
Henry is survived by his wife, Jeannette; two daughters: Ann (Mike) Hallum of Osseo, Wis. and Susan (Marc) Fournier of Shoreview, Minn.; a nephew who Henry and Jeannette raised from childhood, Mark Colbenson; thirteen grandchildren; and his siblings: Catherine Sorum of Rushford, John Colbenson of Isanti, Minn., Ardis Scattum of Minnesota City, Minn., and Joyce Warnken of Rushford, Minn.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Bertram and Cubby; and another nephew that he raised, Mike Colbenson.
The funeral service was on Friday, May 10, at Rushford Lutheran Church with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial was in the Rushford Lutheran Cemetery.
The family prefers memorials to be directed to Rushford Lutheran Church or the American Heart Association.