"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
- 2:04:57, Jul 25th 2015 - chris - Just like they didn't plant cougars, bear, wolves, wild turkeys and who knows ... [Read More]
- 7:20:23, Jul 25th 2015 - LOLZ - Maybe we won't get any snow next winter. Might as well worry about it in July ... [Read More]
- 6:22:03, Jul 22nd 2015 - Let's see - And the big piles they make in middle of roads that u have to drive up an ... [Read More]
- 10:55:05, Jul 21st 2015 - BareMinimum - Maybe now side streets can get plowed! Sick of the terrible condition ... [Read More]
Fri, May 10th, 2013
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Henry M. Colbenson, 78, of Rushford, Minn. died on Sunday, May 5, 2013, at his home.
Henry was born on February 6, 1935, in Money Creek Township of Houston County, Minn. to N. John and Marie (Thompson) Colbenson. He was raised in rural Rushford and graduated from Rushford High School in 1953. He served in the U.S. Army as an Army Specialist from November 15, 1956, to November 15, 1958, and in the Army Reserves until November 15, 1962.
On October 3, 1959, Henry married Jeannette Oldendorf in Winona, Minn. He attended Winona Vocational School in the Business and Marketing program. Henry spent most of his career as an independent insurance agent.
Henry was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church and the Rushford Lions Club where he received the Melvin Jones Award. Henry was also a member of the Mystic Star Lodge #69 in Rushford, where he received the Hiram Award. He sponsored and played softball for the First National Agency softball team.
Henry is survived by his wife, Jeannette; two daughters: Ann (Mike) Hallum of Osseo, Wis. and Susan (Marc) Fournier of Shoreview, Minn.; a nephew who Henry and Jeannette raised from childhood, Mark Colbenson; thirteen grandchildren; and his siblings: Catherine Sorum of Rushford, John Colbenson of Isanti, Minn., Ardis Scattum of Minnesota City, Minn., and Joyce Warnken of Rushford, Minn.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Bertram and Cubby; and another nephew that he raised, Mike Colbenson.
The funeral service was on Friday, May 10, at Rushford Lutheran Church with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial was in the Rushford Lutheran Cemetery.
The family prefers memorials to be directed to Rushford Lutheran Church or the American Heart Association.