"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, July 5th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
Fri, May 10th, 2013
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Roger A. Chiglo, 73, of Rushford, Minn. died on Tuesday, May 7, 2013, at his home.
Roger was born on August 10, 1939, in Whalan, Minn. to Peter N. and Myrtle (Sveen) Chiglo. He graduated from Lanesboro High School. Roger served in the U.S. Army from April 14th 1959 to April 14th 1961, stationed in Germany.
On October 15, 1961, Roger was united in marriage with Darlene Ramsey at North Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Lanesboro, Minn. He was self-employed in the construction industry and built all of the houses near his home in South Rushford including his own home.
He renovated the Rushford Creamery where he owned and operated The Creamery Pizza and Ice Cream as well as owning and operating The Pizza Place in Houston, Minn. He also operated many other entrepreneurial endeavors. Roger drove school bus for the Rushford – Peterson School District. He drove coach bus trips for Bernard Bus Service of Chatfield, Minn., including transporting relief supplies to help with the Hurricane Katrina clean-up.
He was a life-long member of the Whalan Lutheran Church and was a member of the Whalan American Legion. Roger was a loving, hardworking supporter of his family. He loved attending sporting events and activities for his children and grandchildren.
Roger is survived by his wife, Darlene; three children: Rebecca (Scott) Nelson, Terry (Deborah) Chiglo both of Houston, Minn., and Traci-Jo (Cory) Pederson of Whalan, Minn.; eight grandchildren; siblings: Pearl Murphy of Whalan, Minn., Nester (Phyllis) Chiglo of Caledonia, Minn., Stanley (Margaret) Chiglo of Whalan, Minn., Orlean (Dick) Strand of Menomonie Falls, Wis., Mary Lou (Jack) Hanson of Cedar Falls, Iowa, and Sandra Solberg of Lanesboro, Minn.; many nieces and nephews, and by his faithful companion, his dog Herbie.
He was preceded in death by his parents; three brothers: Maynard, Peter, Jr., and Jerry; and by two sons: Jeff (age 14) and Daniel (in infancy).
A memorial service for Roger was Saturday, May 11, at the Whalan Lutheran Church in Whalan, Minn. with the Rev. Philip Schmidt officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery.