"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, December 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:37:14, Dec 26th 2014 - FountainFarmer - hey Not Happy, are you the same person complaining about the Fillmor ... [Read More]
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
Fri, May 10th, 2013
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Roger A. Chiglo, 73, of Rushford, Minn. died on Tuesday, May 7, 2013, at his home.
Roger was born on August 10, 1939, in Whalan, Minn. to Peter N. and Myrtle (Sveen) Chiglo. He graduated from Lanesboro High School. Roger served in the U.S. Army from April 14th 1959 to April 14th 1961, stationed in Germany.
On October 15, 1961, Roger was united in marriage with Darlene Ramsey at North Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Lanesboro, Minn. He was self-employed in the construction industry and built all of the houses near his home in South Rushford including his own home.
He renovated the Rushford Creamery where he owned and operated The Creamery Pizza and Ice Cream as well as owning and operating The Pizza Place in Houston, Minn. He also operated many other entrepreneurial endeavors. Roger drove school bus for the Rushford – Peterson School District. He drove coach bus trips for Bernard Bus Service of Chatfield, Minn., including transporting relief supplies to help with the Hurricane Katrina clean-up.
He was a life-long member of the Whalan Lutheran Church and was a member of the Whalan American Legion. Roger was a loving, hardworking supporter of his family. He loved attending sporting events and activities for his children and grandchildren.
Roger is survived by his wife, Darlene; three children: Rebecca (Scott) Nelson, Terry (Deborah) Chiglo both of Houston, Minn., and Traci-Jo (Cory) Pederson of Whalan, Minn.; eight grandchildren; siblings: Pearl Murphy of Whalan, Minn., Nester (Phyllis) Chiglo of Caledonia, Minn., Stanley (Margaret) Chiglo of Whalan, Minn., Orlean (Dick) Strand of Menomonie Falls, Wis., Mary Lou (Jack) Hanson of Cedar Falls, Iowa, and Sandra Solberg of Lanesboro, Minn.; many nieces and nephews, and by his faithful companion, his dog Herbie.
He was preceded in death by his parents; three brothers: Maynard, Peter, Jr., and Jerry; and by two sons: Jeff (age 14) and Daniel (in infancy).
A memorial service for Roger was Saturday, May 11, at the Whalan Lutheran Church in Whalan, Minn. with the Rev. Philip Schmidt officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery.