"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, February 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:26:11, Jan 31st 2015 - REDHORSE51 - I think after getting screwed by the Rushford School District, the City ... [Read More]
- 2:13:41, Jan 31st 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Neighbor......ever think the cop may have been on another call, and h ... [Read More]
- 9:27:51, Jan 31st 2015 - olcrammy - wow! i wanna be just like him! ... [Read More]
- 8:42:55, Jan 30th 2015 - neighbor - Fountain farmer. We have tried everything! What r we to do! U know they st ... [Read More]
- 9:42:36, Jan 30th 2015 - FountainFarmer - neighbor, in your mind my comments might make me appear I want to st ... [Read More]
- 5:17:15, Jan 30th 2015 - neighbor - Harmony rocks.....had to call the cops 3 times before they came! So there ... [Read More]
- 5:15:25, Jan 30th 2015 - whatever - Agree who do these parents think they are. They just look like fools! I th ... [Read More]
- 1:25:03, Jan 29th 2015 - justhearing - Agree with the lack of sportsmanship in the FC stands. Too much loud c ... [Read More]
- 8:37:09, Jan 28th 2015 - state medalist - Good post, love it! ... [Read More]
- 6:36:47, Jan 28th 2015 - blueberry - With 90 vendors it sounds like there are lots of antiques! ... [Read More]
Fri, May 10th, 2013
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Roger A. Chiglo, 73, of Rushford, Minn. died on Tuesday, May 7, 2013, at his home.
Roger was born on August 10, 1939, in Whalan, Minn. to Peter N. and Myrtle (Sveen) Chiglo. He graduated from Lanesboro High School. Roger served in the U.S. Army from April 14th 1959 to April 14th 1961, stationed in Germany.
On October 15, 1961, Roger was united in marriage with Darlene Ramsey at North Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Lanesboro, Minn. He was self-employed in the construction industry and built all of the houses near his home in South Rushford including his own home.
He renovated the Rushford Creamery where he owned and operated The Creamery Pizza and Ice Cream as well as owning and operating The Pizza Place in Houston, Minn. He also operated many other entrepreneurial endeavors. Roger drove school bus for the Rushford – Peterson School District. He drove coach bus trips for Bernard Bus Service of Chatfield, Minn., including transporting relief supplies to help with the Hurricane Katrina clean-up.
He was a life-long member of the Whalan Lutheran Church and was a member of the Whalan American Legion. Roger was a loving, hardworking supporter of his family. He loved attending sporting events and activities for his children and grandchildren.
Roger is survived by his wife, Darlene; three children: Rebecca (Scott) Nelson, Terry (Deborah) Chiglo both of Houston, Minn., and Traci-Jo (Cory) Pederson of Whalan, Minn.; eight grandchildren; siblings: Pearl Murphy of Whalan, Minn., Nester (Phyllis) Chiglo of Caledonia, Minn., Stanley (Margaret) Chiglo of Whalan, Minn., Orlean (Dick) Strand of Menomonie Falls, Wis., Mary Lou (Jack) Hanson of Cedar Falls, Iowa, and Sandra Solberg of Lanesboro, Minn.; many nieces and nephews, and by his faithful companion, his dog Herbie.
He was preceded in death by his parents; three brothers: Maynard, Peter, Jr., and Jerry; and by two sons: Jeff (age 14) and Daniel (in infancy).
A memorial service for Roger was Saturday, May 11, at the Whalan Lutheran Church in Whalan, Minn. with the Rev. Philip Schmidt officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery.