"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, May 10th, 2013
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Roger A. Chiglo, 73, of Rushford, Minn. died on Tuesday, May 7, 2013, at his home.
Roger was born on August 10, 1939, in Whalan, Minn. to Peter N. and Myrtle (Sveen) Chiglo. He graduated from Lanesboro High School. Roger served in the U.S. Army from April 14th 1959 to April 14th 1961, stationed in Germany.
On October 15, 1961, Roger was united in marriage with Darlene Ramsey at North Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Lanesboro, Minn. He was self-employed in the construction industry and built all of the houses near his home in South Rushford including his own home.
He renovated the Rushford Creamery where he owned and operated The Creamery Pizza and Ice Cream as well as owning and operating The Pizza Place in Houston, Minn. He also operated many other entrepreneurial endeavors. Roger drove school bus for the Rushford – Peterson School District. He drove coach bus trips for Bernard Bus Service of Chatfield, Minn., including transporting relief supplies to help with the Hurricane Katrina clean-up.
He was a life-long member of the Whalan Lutheran Church and was a member of the Whalan American Legion. Roger was a loving, hardworking supporter of his family. He loved attending sporting events and activities for his children and grandchildren.
Roger is survived by his wife, Darlene; three children: Rebecca (Scott) Nelson, Terry (Deborah) Chiglo both of Houston, Minn., and Traci-Jo (Cory) Pederson of Whalan, Minn.; eight grandchildren; siblings: Pearl Murphy of Whalan, Minn., Nester (Phyllis) Chiglo of Caledonia, Minn., Stanley (Margaret) Chiglo of Whalan, Minn., Orlean (Dick) Strand of Menomonie Falls, Wis., Mary Lou (Jack) Hanson of Cedar Falls, Iowa, and Sandra Solberg of Lanesboro, Minn.; many nieces and nephews, and by his faithful companion, his dog Herbie.
He was preceded in death by his parents; three brothers: Maynard, Peter, Jr., and Jerry; and by two sons: Jeff (age 14) and Daniel (in infancy).
A memorial service for Roger was Saturday, May 11, at the Whalan Lutheran Church in Whalan, Minn. with the Rev. Philip Schmidt officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery.