"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:33:17, May 3rd 2016 - :) - :) ... [Read More]
- 9:15:44, May 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Put that into in your pipe and smoke it, Paul!! ... [Read More]
- 10:57:13, May 2nd 2016 - Happy! - The softball girls are soooo relieved! ... [Read More]
- 12:47:26, Apr 30th 2016 - LOLZ - Boy, I'm glad I don't live in SEMEN. ... [Read More]
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
- 2:10:13, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - What are you going to do about it SEMN? Last time I checked you didn't own the ... [Read More]
- 8:02:21, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - So who's the clown that is using my sign in, grow up. ... [Read More]
- 5:54:17, Apr 28th 2016 - Lala - Look the bully FC girl switched sports! ... [Read More]
Fri, May 10th, 2013
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Roger A. Chiglo, 73, of Rushford, Minn. died on Tuesday, May 7, 2013, at his home.
Roger was born on August 10, 1939, in Whalan, Minn. to Peter N. and Myrtle (Sveen) Chiglo. He graduated from Lanesboro High School. Roger served in the U.S. Army from April 14th 1959 to April 14th 1961, stationed in Germany.
On October 15, 1961, Roger was united in marriage with Darlene Ramsey at North Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Lanesboro, Minn. He was self-employed in the construction industry and built all of the houses near his home in South Rushford including his own home.
He renovated the Rushford Creamery where he owned and operated The Creamery Pizza and Ice Cream as well as owning and operating The Pizza Place in Houston, Minn. He also operated many other entrepreneurial endeavors. Roger drove school bus for the Rushford – Peterson School District. He drove coach bus trips for Bernard Bus Service of Chatfield, Minn., including transporting relief supplies to help with the Hurricane Katrina clean-up.
He was a life-long member of the Whalan Lutheran Church and was a member of the Whalan American Legion. Roger was a loving, hardworking supporter of his family. He loved attending sporting events and activities for his children and grandchildren.
Roger is survived by his wife, Darlene; three children: Rebecca (Scott) Nelson, Terry (Deborah) Chiglo both of Houston, Minn., and Traci-Jo (Cory) Pederson of Whalan, Minn.; eight grandchildren; siblings: Pearl Murphy of Whalan, Minn., Nester (Phyllis) Chiglo of Caledonia, Minn., Stanley (Margaret) Chiglo of Whalan, Minn., Orlean (Dick) Strand of Menomonie Falls, Wis., Mary Lou (Jack) Hanson of Cedar Falls, Iowa, and Sandra Solberg of Lanesboro, Minn.; many nieces and nephews, and by his faithful companion, his dog Herbie.
He was preceded in death by his parents; three brothers: Maynard, Peter, Jr., and Jerry; and by two sons: Jeff (age 14) and Daniel (in infancy).
A memorial service for Roger was Saturday, May 11, at the Whalan Lutheran Church in Whalan, Minn. with the Rev. Philip Schmidt officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery.