"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 26th, 2013
Posted in Mabel Obituaries
Posted in Mabel Obituaries
Juletta Mae (Ramlo) Trygstad, age 92, of Mabel, Minn. died Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Juletta Mae Trygstad lived her entire life in Mabel, and for more than 42 years she was an elementary school teacher, Sunday School teacher, and Library Club member.
Born in Mabel on November 28, 1920, to parents Clara (Bersie) Ramlo and Carl Ramlo, Juletta Mae Ramlo was the 9th child in a family of 10 children (three of the children died in infancy).
The family lived on the Percy Lind farm, located on the east end of Mabel, for several years after her dad died at age 43. It proved to be a home that created serious health anxieties for the family when Juletta, her brother Harlan, and her sister Virginia all contracted typhoid fever. Juletta graduated from Mabel High School in 1939 in the same class with Neil Trygstad, who would become her husband.
Just after graduation she headed to Luther College, Decorah, IA, to take two years of Elementary Education training. With that two-year degree she taught for one year at Hesper Rural School District #1 and for one year at Hesper Independent School for one year. She made $100 per month.
In 1944 she married Neil at Mabel First Lutheran Church. Reverend Ivar Havneros officiated. Both she and Neil were members of the Mabel First Lutheran Church church choir; Neil was a member the Luren Singers. With Luren, both traveled to Norway on three concert tours and across the United States for a number of Sangerfests. Neil was a soloist and Juletta organized the flowers at the wedding of their son Craig to Lynne Coleman in 1994.
Juletta was a member of the Lutheran Brotherhood Branch 8536 for some 20 years, and Fillmore County ADK for 17 years. She enjoyed making cards and candy, collecting pop tabs for the Ronald McDonald House, and delivering Meals on Wheels.
Juletta joined the faculty of Mabel Public Schools in 1946 as an elementary school teacher. She taught “mostly grade two” until 1988 when she retired. In a touching decision, the Mabel-Canton School Board ‘retired’ her room number 102 in 1988.
Juletta is survived by a son Craig (Lynne Colman) Trygstad of Lewiston, Idaho; a sister Clara Jeanan Anderson of Mankato, Minnesota; special niece Mary Klimesh; and several other nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her husband Neil; a brother Harlan; and four sisters Loyes, Virginia, Beulah, and Ruby.
Funeral services were Monday, April 22, 2013 at the Mabel First Lutheran Church in Mabel with the Rev. Gail Klavetter officiating. Burial was in the Mabel Lutheran Cemetery.