"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:43:52, Oct 25th 2014 - wow - SMDH....JUST WOW.....if the kids r trespassing go shead and spray them!! Spray ... [Read More]
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 26th, 2013
Posted in Mabel Obituaries
Posted in Mabel Obituaries
Juletta Mae (Ramlo) Trygstad, age 92, of Mabel, Minn. died Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Juletta Mae Trygstad lived her entire life in Mabel, and for more than 42 years she was an elementary school teacher, Sunday School teacher, and Library Club member.
Born in Mabel on November 28, 1920, to parents Clara (Bersie) Ramlo and Carl Ramlo, Juletta Mae Ramlo was the 9th child in a family of 10 children (three of the children died in infancy).
The family lived on the Percy Lind farm, located on the east end of Mabel, for several years after her dad died at age 43. It proved to be a home that created serious health anxieties for the family when Juletta, her brother Harlan, and her sister Virginia all contracted typhoid fever. Juletta graduated from Mabel High School in 1939 in the same class with Neil Trygstad, who would become her husband.
Just after graduation she headed to Luther College, Decorah, IA, to take two years of Elementary Education training. With that two-year degree she taught for one year at Hesper Rural School District #1 and for one year at Hesper Independent School for one year. She made $100 per month.
In 1944 she married Neil at Mabel First Lutheran Church. Reverend Ivar Havneros officiated. Both she and Neil were members of the Mabel First Lutheran Church church choir; Neil was a member the Luren Singers. With Luren, both traveled to Norway on three concert tours and across the United States for a number of Sangerfests. Neil was a soloist and Juletta organized the flowers at the wedding of their son Craig to Lynne Coleman in 1994.
Juletta was a member of the Lutheran Brotherhood Branch 8536 for some 20 years, and Fillmore County ADK for 17 years. She enjoyed making cards and candy, collecting pop tabs for the Ronald McDonald House, and delivering Meals on Wheels.
Juletta joined the faculty of Mabel Public Schools in 1946 as an elementary school teacher. She taught “mostly grade two” until 1988 when she retired. In a touching decision, the Mabel-Canton School Board ‘retired’ her room number 102 in 1988.
Juletta is survived by a son Craig (Lynne Colman) Trygstad of Lewiston, Idaho; a sister Clara Jeanan Anderson of Mankato, Minnesota; special niece Mary Klimesh; and several other nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her husband Neil; a brother Harlan; and four sisters Loyes, Virginia, Beulah, and Ruby.
Funeral services were Monday, April 22, 2013 at the Mabel First Lutheran Church in Mabel with the Rev. Gail Klavetter officiating. Burial was in the Mabel Lutheran Cemetery.