"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, December 10th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - email@example.com - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 26th, 2013
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Nancy Joann Dubbs-Hughes, 78, was taken by the angels on April 4, 2013, after a courageous battle with lung cancer.
Nancy was born on March 8, 1935, to Wallace and Gladys (Gilbertson) Dubbs in Rushford, Minn.
Nancy lived an incredibly rich life that allowed her to travel and live around the world. She left Rushford shortly after school to take a dream job as a flight attendant with Northwest Orient Airlines, and traveled the West Coast and Asia. While living in Seattle, WA she met Mike Hughes and they wed on July 2, 1960. They had four children during the first six years of marriage. They had the good fortune to live in many places during the course of their lives together. Those places included: Seattle; Seal Beach, CA; St. Paul, Minn.; Nashua, New Hampshire; Fort Worth, TX; Ankura, Turkey; Heidelberg, Germany; Panama City, Panama; South Padre Islands, Texas; and Lake Jackson, Texas. Nancy loved warm weather, the beach and fishing. She spent her retirement years close to the water.
Nancy loved to meet people and felt she had three incredible jobs that allowed her to do that. The first was as a flight attendant, the second was while she was a manager for Dillards in Fort Worth, Texas. She loved both of those jobs and all the people she met. Nancy felt her most important job was to raise a family and was a loving and hardworking wife and mother. She supported every activity each of their four children participated in and provided all the things they needed to be successful. In her retirement years she found great reward in volunteering at the local libraries and working with children.
She is survived by her husband of 52 years, Myron (Mike) P. Hughes; sons, Scott (Jan), Matt, Brian (Elizabeth), daughter Michelle (Terry) Hughes-Markum, and brother, Rollie (JoAnn) Dubbs; seven grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and sister-in-law, Elizabeth (Lisa) Dubbs. Nancy was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and friend to many.
There was a memorial service for family and friends on Saturday, April 27th, 2013 at Hoff Funeral and Cremation Service in Rushford, Minn.
In lieu of flowers, feel free to make a donation to the American Cancer Society in her name.