"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, May 4th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:14:38, May 3rd 2015 - Noodle - If someone is getting high before or while at work, that is just as bad as ... [Read More]
- 7:32:51, May 1st 2015 - Livin' The Dream - Working with alcoholics is way worse than marijuana users in my opi ... [Read More]
- 6:28:53, May 1st 2015 - hawkeye63 - Well Herb, if you think I am mistaken in my beliefs, tell us what happened ... [Read More]
- 3:34:46, May 1st 2015 - No need to be so desperate - Mr Panko, don't let these people get to you. When you st ... [Read More]
- 3:20:36, May 1st 2015 - - To herb, You can turn it around however you want, whatever makes you feel bette ... [Read More]
- 2:48:41, May 1st 2015 - Herb - To Hawkeye63: I wonder if you have any idea how wacky, exaggerated, extremist, ... [Read More]
- 2:22:23, May 1st 2015 - VikeFan 1 - To Kim Wenworth: What? You don't know what people are referring to in e ... [Read More]
- 1:54:39, May 1st 2015 - Herb - To Says: You said I switched from "the ammo is armor piercing" to "the ammo ... [Read More]
- 9:40:56, May 1st 2015 - LOLZ - Boozers are losers. ... [Read More]
- 9:20:46, May 1st 2015 - To Herb - This is what you said. "The ammo he is referring to is armor- piercing am ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 26th, 2013
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Nancy Joann Dubbs-Hughes, 78, was taken by the angels on April 4, 2013, after a courageous battle with lung cancer.
Nancy was born on March 8, 1935, to Wallace and Gladys (Gilbertson) Dubbs in Rushford, Minn.
Nancy lived an incredibly rich life that allowed her to travel and live around the world. She left Rushford shortly after school to take a dream job as a flight attendant with Northwest Orient Airlines, and traveled the West Coast and Asia. While living in Seattle, WA she met Mike Hughes and they wed on July 2, 1960. They had four children during the first six years of marriage. They had the good fortune to live in many places during the course of their lives together. Those places included: Seattle; Seal Beach, CA; St. Paul, Minn.; Nashua, New Hampshire; Fort Worth, TX; Ankura, Turkey; Heidelberg, Germany; Panama City, Panama; South Padre Islands, Texas; and Lake Jackson, Texas. Nancy loved warm weather, the beach and fishing. She spent her retirement years close to the water.
Nancy loved to meet people and felt she had three incredible jobs that allowed her to do that. The first was as a flight attendant, the second was while she was a manager for Dillards in Fort Worth, Texas. She loved both of those jobs and all the people she met. Nancy felt her most important job was to raise a family and was a loving and hardworking wife and mother. She supported every activity each of their four children participated in and provided all the things they needed to be successful. In her retirement years she found great reward in volunteering at the local libraries and working with children.
She is survived by her husband of 52 years, Myron (Mike) P. Hughes; sons, Scott (Jan), Matt, Brian (Elizabeth), daughter Michelle (Terry) Hughes-Markum, and brother, Rollie (JoAnn) Dubbs; seven grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and sister-in-law, Elizabeth (Lisa) Dubbs. Nancy was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and friend to many.
There was a memorial service for family and friends on Saturday, April 27th, 2013 at Hoff Funeral and Cremation Service in Rushford, Minn.
In lieu of flowers, feel free to make a donation to the American Cancer Society in her name.