"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:54, Oct 20th 2014 - Joel Hovland - Why do kids need a new school? Answer, they don’t! For the past 6 ... [Read More]
- 2:15:32, Oct 20th 2014 - curiosity... - Just out of curiosity for what reason is it that you believe Mr. Kaase ... [Read More]
- 10:10:04, Oct 20th 2014 - Facts - We are voting on a complete package this time. The last vote was a chopped ... [Read More]
- 9:37:50, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "I say they should respect the wishes of the voters as they were clearly told ... [Read More]
- 9:22:29, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "R-P administration and the “Vote Yes” group say we should show respect f ... [Read More]
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
- 4:11:10, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 9:46:48, Oct 19th 2014 - greatquestion - You ask a very good question. Mr. Ehler or Board Chair Mr. Linder wo ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 26th, 2013
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Nancy Joann Dubbs-Hughes, 78, was taken by the angels on April 4, 2013, after a courageous battle with lung cancer.
Nancy was born on March 8, 1935, to Wallace and Gladys (Gilbertson) Dubbs in Rushford, Minn.
Nancy lived an incredibly rich life that allowed her to travel and live around the world. She left Rushford shortly after school to take a dream job as a flight attendant with Northwest Orient Airlines, and traveled the West Coast and Asia. While living in Seattle, WA she met Mike Hughes and they wed on July 2, 1960. They had four children during the first six years of marriage. They had the good fortune to live in many places during the course of their lives together. Those places included: Seattle; Seal Beach, CA; St. Paul, Minn.; Nashua, New Hampshire; Fort Worth, TX; Ankura, Turkey; Heidelberg, Germany; Panama City, Panama; South Padre Islands, Texas; and Lake Jackson, Texas. Nancy loved warm weather, the beach and fishing. She spent her retirement years close to the water.
Nancy loved to meet people and felt she had three incredible jobs that allowed her to do that. The first was as a flight attendant, the second was while she was a manager for Dillards in Fort Worth, Texas. She loved both of those jobs and all the people she met. Nancy felt her most important job was to raise a family and was a loving and hardworking wife and mother. She supported every activity each of their four children participated in and provided all the things they needed to be successful. In her retirement years she found great reward in volunteering at the local libraries and working with children.
She is survived by her husband of 52 years, Myron (Mike) P. Hughes; sons, Scott (Jan), Matt, Brian (Elizabeth), daughter Michelle (Terry) Hughes-Markum, and brother, Rollie (JoAnn) Dubbs; seven grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and sister-in-law, Elizabeth (Lisa) Dubbs. Nancy was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and friend to many.
There was a memorial service for family and friends on Saturday, April 27th, 2013 at Hoff Funeral and Cremation Service in Rushford, Minn.
In lieu of flowers, feel free to make a donation to the American Cancer Society in her name.