"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, September 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 26th, 2013
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Nancy Joann Dubbs-Hughes, 78, was taken by the angels on April 4, 2013, after a courageous battle with lung cancer.
Nancy was born on March 8, 1935, to Wallace and Gladys (Gilbertson) Dubbs in Rushford, Minn.
Nancy lived an incredibly rich life that allowed her to travel and live around the world. She left Rushford shortly after school to take a dream job as a flight attendant with Northwest Orient Airlines, and traveled the West Coast and Asia. While living in Seattle, WA she met Mike Hughes and they wed on July 2, 1960. They had four children during the first six years of marriage. They had the good fortune to live in many places during the course of their lives together. Those places included: Seattle; Seal Beach, CA; St. Paul, Minn.; Nashua, New Hampshire; Fort Worth, TX; Ankura, Turkey; Heidelberg, Germany; Panama City, Panama; South Padre Islands, Texas; and Lake Jackson, Texas. Nancy loved warm weather, the beach and fishing. She spent her retirement years close to the water.
Nancy loved to meet people and felt she had three incredible jobs that allowed her to do that. The first was as a flight attendant, the second was while she was a manager for Dillards in Fort Worth, Texas. She loved both of those jobs and all the people she met. Nancy felt her most important job was to raise a family and was a loving and hardworking wife and mother. She supported every activity each of their four children participated in and provided all the things they needed to be successful. In her retirement years she found great reward in volunteering at the local libraries and working with children.
She is survived by her husband of 52 years, Myron (Mike) P. Hughes; sons, Scott (Jan), Matt, Brian (Elizabeth), daughter Michelle (Terry) Hughes-Markum, and brother, Rollie (JoAnn) Dubbs; seven grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and sister-in-law, Elizabeth (Lisa) Dubbs. Nancy was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and friend to many.
There was a memorial service for family and friends on Saturday, April 27th, 2013 at Hoff Funeral and Cremation Service in Rushford, Minn.
In lieu of flowers, feel free to make a donation to the American Cancer Society in her name.