"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 9th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:10:55, Oct 7th 2015 - @ Concerned - I have wondered about this too. Most of the Wykoff kids don't even go t ... [Read More]
- 2:53:37, Oct 6th 2015 - Concerned - Has the school board & administration ever checked into why so many studen ... [Read More]
- 9:58:41, Oct 6th 2015 - - Why don't you run for school board, SomethingNeedsToBeDone? Write-in candidates we ... [Read More]
- 2:05:39, Oct 5th 2015 - Paul - The Quaran does not tell Muslims to kill non-muslims. In fact it says Muslims a ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Oct 5th 2015 - GoldenRule - Let us be mindful of the Golden Rule and how we treat others. Be careful ... [Read More]
- 11:32:26, Oct 5th 2015 - SomethingNeedsToBeDone - Are people blind?? How can they continue to use a facility ... [Read More]
- 11:23:54, Oct 5th 2015 - James1952 - Pig poker- what did you crybaby vote yes losers do both times you lost th ... [Read More]
- 10:51:29, Oct 5th 2015 - Pig poker - We all know why Jon Peterson doesn't want the school, he's mad because he ... [Read More]
- 10:37:45, Oct 5th 2015 - - Mr. Cerling(and many others), Let me start by admitting that I am beneath you in ... [Read More]
- 7:33:17, Oct 4th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Talk about drinking the Liberal Kool-Aid, WOW! WOW! WOW! Obama not a Mus ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 26th, 2013
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Posted in Rushford Obituaries
Nancy Joann Dubbs-Hughes, 78, was taken by the angels on April 4, 2013, after a courageous battle with lung cancer.
Nancy was born on March 8, 1935, to Wallace and Gladys (Gilbertson) Dubbs in Rushford, Minn.
Nancy lived an incredibly rich life that allowed her to travel and live around the world. She left Rushford shortly after school to take a dream job as a flight attendant with Northwest Orient Airlines, and traveled the West Coast and Asia. While living in Seattle, WA she met Mike Hughes and they wed on July 2, 1960. They had four children during the first six years of marriage. They had the good fortune to live in many places during the course of their lives together. Those places included: Seattle; Seal Beach, CA; St. Paul, Minn.; Nashua, New Hampshire; Fort Worth, TX; Ankura, Turkey; Heidelberg, Germany; Panama City, Panama; South Padre Islands, Texas; and Lake Jackson, Texas. Nancy loved warm weather, the beach and fishing. She spent her retirement years close to the water.
Nancy loved to meet people and felt she had three incredible jobs that allowed her to do that. The first was as a flight attendant, the second was while she was a manager for Dillards in Fort Worth, Texas. She loved both of those jobs and all the people she met. Nancy felt her most important job was to raise a family and was a loving and hardworking wife and mother. She supported every activity each of their four children participated in and provided all the things they needed to be successful. In her retirement years she found great reward in volunteering at the local libraries and working with children.
She is survived by her husband of 52 years, Myron (Mike) P. Hughes; sons, Scott (Jan), Matt, Brian (Elizabeth), daughter Michelle (Terry) Hughes-Markum, and brother, Rollie (JoAnn) Dubbs; seven grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and sister-in-law, Elizabeth (Lisa) Dubbs. Nancy was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and friend to many.
There was a memorial service for family and friends on Saturday, April 27th, 2013 at Hoff Funeral and Cremation Service in Rushford, Minn.
In lieu of flowers, feel free to make a donation to the American Cancer Society in her name.