"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, March 10th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 19th, 2013
Posted in All Obituaries
Posted in All Obituaries
Dorothy Zweibahmer, 87 of Cresco, IA passed away on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at the Cresco Care Center in Cresco, IA.
Dorothy Rothmeyer was born on January 29, 1926 in Festina, IA to Florian and Kathryn (Backes) Rothmeyer. She attended schools at Festina, Fort Atkinson, IA, and graduated from Calmar High School, Calmar, IA, in 1944. Following graduation from High School, Dorothy worked at Holtz Drug in Austin, Minn., the Midland plant and also at Darlings Drug Store in Decorah, IA. She also worked at HECO in Harmony, Minn. sewing campers from 1966-1991.
On November 6, 1946 she married Elias Zweibahmer at St. Aloysius Catholic Church in Calmar. To this union two daughters were born, Cynthia and Susan. Together Dorothy and Elias made their home in Fort Atkinson, Ossian, IA, and Cresco. They farmed most of their life near Kendallville, IA. She was a very hard worker and enjoyed working side by side with her husband, Elias.
She enjoyed playing cards, traveling, going to casinos, dancing, working crossword puzzles, and old time music.
She is survived by her husband of 66 years, Elias, two daughters, Cynthia (fiancé Ed Voves) Ptacek of Cresco, IA, and Susan (Jerry) Patterson of St. Ansgar, IA; six grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; three sisters, Alice Elfner of Tallassee, AL, Norma Holshbach of Belgium, WI, and Mary Hosek of Elma, IA, and one brother, Richard of Bellingham, WA.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers, Jerome, Kenneth, and Dale, a brother-in-law, James Hosek, and one son-in-law, James Ptacek.
A Mass of Christian Burial was held on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at the Notre Dame Parish in Cresco, IA.