"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
- 7:17:52, Sep 6th 2014 - youwho - Which would make him 15 on June 1st, 2014. The correct age to play 15U for t ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 19th, 2013
Posted in All Obituaries
Posted in All Obituaries
Dorothy Zweibahmer, 87 of Cresco, IA passed away on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at the Cresco Care Center in Cresco, IA.
Dorothy Rothmeyer was born on January 29, 1926 in Festina, IA to Florian and Kathryn (Backes) Rothmeyer. She attended schools at Festina, Fort Atkinson, IA, and graduated from Calmar High School, Calmar, IA, in 1944. Following graduation from High School, Dorothy worked at Holtz Drug in Austin, Minn., the Midland plant and also at Darlings Drug Store in Decorah, IA. She also worked at HECO in Harmony, Minn. sewing campers from 1966-1991.
On November 6, 1946 she married Elias Zweibahmer at St. Aloysius Catholic Church in Calmar. To this union two daughters were born, Cynthia and Susan. Together Dorothy and Elias made their home in Fort Atkinson, Ossian, IA, and Cresco. They farmed most of their life near Kendallville, IA. She was a very hard worker and enjoyed working side by side with her husband, Elias.
She enjoyed playing cards, traveling, going to casinos, dancing, working crossword puzzles, and old time music.
She is survived by her husband of 66 years, Elias, two daughters, Cynthia (fiancé Ed Voves) Ptacek of Cresco, IA, and Susan (Jerry) Patterson of St. Ansgar, IA; six grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; three sisters, Alice Elfner of Tallassee, AL, Norma Holshbach of Belgium, WI, and Mary Hosek of Elma, IA, and one brother, Richard of Bellingham, WA.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers, Jerome, Kenneth, and Dale, a brother-in-law, James Hosek, and one son-in-law, James Ptacek.
A Mass of Christian Burial was held on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at the Notre Dame Parish in Cresco, IA.