"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, September 29th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:26:29, Sep 27th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @ Kim Wentworth, ^the last post was from me. I just wanted to be c ... [Read More]
- 3:44:00, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Thomas E. H.- the planet's temp changes, goes thru cycles, a tweak u ... [Read More]
- 1:58:02, Sep 27th 2016 - @ Kim Wentworth - That previous post was directed to Mr. Schwartzentruber. If you ha ... [Read More]
- 10:10:34, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @ Thomas E. H.- I will have to rely on you to tell me if you are jok ... [Read More]
- 9:15:13, Sep 26th 2016 - Patriot - Hello Hum. I disagree with your view on running K9 officers by vehicles in ... [Read More]
- 2:44:07, Sep 26th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - I would like to thank Mr. Schwartzentruber for illuminating Agenda 21. ... [Read More]
- 2:06:32, Sep 26th 2016 - Aaron Bishop - @ Kim Wentworth, Thank you for your comment. I did indeed mull that ... [Read More]
- 1:26:51, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - From the top: while neither side is perfect in the area of "facts" fo ... [Read More]
- 1:08:55, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - I think in the beginning you should have used the words "democrat" an ... [Read More]
- 12:45:42, Sep 26th 2016 - Hey Hum... - Is it rummer or rumor? ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 19th, 2013
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Marvel LaRue Marie Ode, 99, of Lanesboro, Minn. died Monday, April 15, 2013, at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford, Minn, where she had resided since January 2012.
Marvel LaRue Marie Mundt was born Sept. 27, 1913, in Ossian, Iowa. She grew up in Ossian and graduated from high school in 1932. She completed a teaching certificate from Iowa State Teachers College in Cedar Falls, Iowa, and taught in a one-room school. On June 11, 1937, Marvel married Walter J. Ode of Decorah, Iowa, in Castalia, Iowa. Walter died Feb. 26, 2001. They first farmed in the Decorah area and later moved to Lanesboro in 1947 where Walter and his partner Paul Evenson established the Lanesboro Sales Commission. Walter and Marvel raised six children together.
She was a member of Bethlehem Lutheran Church, WELCA, and Lanesboro Golf Club. She enjoyed bowling, horseback riding, square and ballroom dancing, Norwegian baking and made an afghan for all her grandchildren, She also enjoyed vegetable and flower gardening, and was an avid Twins baseball fan. Her family was always first.
Survivors include three sons, Carson (Constance) of Des Moines, Iowa; Gerald (Patricia) of Roseville, Minn, and Wayne (Trudy) of St. Charles, Minn; a daughter, Diane (Gary) Roddy of Lanesboro; 14 grandchildren; and 20 great-grandchildren.
Marvel was preceded in death by her husband; two daughters, Linda Root and Peggy Ode; three brothers, Glen Mundt, Lloyd Mundt, Leslie Mundt; and three sisters, Viola Birdsell, Ruth Kallevang and Mildred Lofte.
The funeral for Marvel Ode was held Friday, April 19, 2013, at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Kerry Eversole officiating. Burial was in the Lanesboro Cemetery.