"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 5th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:06:21, Dec 3rd 2016 - SV85 - Well, well, Hawkeye63 now seems to think he is a Biblical scholar---typical ri ... [Read More]
- 1:12:44, Dec 3rd 2016 - Thomas E. H. - Hawkeye63 I am curious if you would mind going through the list of c ... [Read More]
- 6:41:53, Dec 2nd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Condolences Herb. The Cretin and his deplorable supporters prevailed and y ... [Read More]
- 11:36:58, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Mr Swartzentruber, not to worry much about the rambings of SV85. No cred ... [Read More]
- 7:24:13, Nov 30th 2016 - kingslandGrad95 - Valerie, if the issuer of stock is still in business, then Yes, the ... [Read More]
- 6:18:02, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - What ? Back up the bus. America is a beacon of freedom in the world. As a ... [Read More]
- 11:00:19, Nov 29th 2016 - valeriejbf - I looking thro some old papers and found a certificate for 1 share of c ... [Read More]
- 6:13:52, Nov 29th 2016 - Kyle - Great post! I took some piano lessons when I was young, and always wanted to ... [Read More]
- 7:52:32, Nov 28th 2016 - Mario Bruneau - Jonathan made a wise decision to learn piano tuning as it is a field ... [Read More]
- 6:01:39, Nov 22nd 2016 - Al-Hajji Frederick H Minshall - "Barn cats" are an absolutely HORRIBLE idea: Every ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 19th, 2013
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Marvel LaRue Marie Ode, 99, of Lanesboro, Minn. died Monday, April 15, 2013, at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford, Minn, where she had resided since January 2012.
Marvel LaRue Marie Mundt was born Sept. 27, 1913, in Ossian, Iowa. She grew up in Ossian and graduated from high school in 1932. She completed a teaching certificate from Iowa State Teachers College in Cedar Falls, Iowa, and taught in a one-room school. On June 11, 1937, Marvel married Walter J. Ode of Decorah, Iowa, in Castalia, Iowa. Walter died Feb. 26, 2001. They first farmed in the Decorah area and later moved to Lanesboro in 1947 where Walter and his partner Paul Evenson established the Lanesboro Sales Commission. Walter and Marvel raised six children together.
She was a member of Bethlehem Lutheran Church, WELCA, and Lanesboro Golf Club. She enjoyed bowling, horseback riding, square and ballroom dancing, Norwegian baking and made an afghan for all her grandchildren, She also enjoyed vegetable and flower gardening, and was an avid Twins baseball fan. Her family was always first.
Survivors include three sons, Carson (Constance) of Des Moines, Iowa; Gerald (Patricia) of Roseville, Minn, and Wayne (Trudy) of St. Charles, Minn; a daughter, Diane (Gary) Roddy of Lanesboro; 14 grandchildren; and 20 great-grandchildren.
Marvel was preceded in death by her husband; two daughters, Linda Root and Peggy Ode; three brothers, Glen Mundt, Lloyd Mundt, Leslie Mundt; and three sisters, Viola Birdsell, Ruth Kallevang and Mildred Lofte.
The funeral for Marvel Ode was held Friday, April 19, 2013, at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Kerry Eversole officiating. Burial was in the Lanesboro Cemetery.