"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 19th, 2013
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Marvel LaRue Marie Ode, 99, of Lanesboro, Minn. died Monday, April 15, 2013, at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford, Minn, where she had resided since January 2012.
Marvel LaRue Marie Mundt was born Sept. 27, 1913, in Ossian, Iowa. She grew up in Ossian and graduated from high school in 1932. She completed a teaching certificate from Iowa State Teachers College in Cedar Falls, Iowa, and taught in a one-room school. On June 11, 1937, Marvel married Walter J. Ode of Decorah, Iowa, in Castalia, Iowa. Walter died Feb. 26, 2001. They first farmed in the Decorah area and later moved to Lanesboro in 1947 where Walter and his partner Paul Evenson established the Lanesboro Sales Commission. Walter and Marvel raised six children together.
She was a member of Bethlehem Lutheran Church, WELCA, and Lanesboro Golf Club. She enjoyed bowling, horseback riding, square and ballroom dancing, Norwegian baking and made an afghan for all her grandchildren, She also enjoyed vegetable and flower gardening, and was an avid Twins baseball fan. Her family was always first.
Survivors include three sons, Carson (Constance) of Des Moines, Iowa; Gerald (Patricia) of Roseville, Minn, and Wayne (Trudy) of St. Charles, Minn; a daughter, Diane (Gary) Roddy of Lanesboro; 14 grandchildren; and 20 great-grandchildren.
Marvel was preceded in death by her husband; two daughters, Linda Root and Peggy Ode; three brothers, Glen Mundt, Lloyd Mundt, Leslie Mundt; and three sisters, Viola Birdsell, Ruth Kallevang and Mildred Lofte.
The funeral for Marvel Ode was held Friday, April 19, 2013, at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Kerry Eversole officiating. Burial was in the Lanesboro Cemetery.