"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, May 25th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:23:26, May 25th 2016 - ### - You want to tell your school putting a handicap sign up on steet that will bloc ... [Read More]
- 12:35:31, May 25th 2016 - Kit Kat Bar - I don't know... Everyone gets awards these days, but that, is ONE HUGE ... [Read More]
- 4:18:09, May 24th 2016 - Give me a break - This paper has officially turned into what every comedy movie think ... [Read More]
- 1:43:25, May 24th 2016 - Cervidae - In my husband's defense, he is the most unselfish person I know and anyon ... [Read More]
- 4:29:20, May 23rd 2016 - - His house and all his surrounding land is for sale, yet he's not going to move and ... [Read More]
- 11:16:49, May 23rd 2016 - Paul - Well read does not mean only reading books that you find that are in-line wit ... [Read More]
- 9:55:22, May 21st 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - You have said it very well. I, too, believe most of America is ... [Read More]
- 10:47:20, May 18th 2016 - Paul - You ask a legitimate question and one we as a country need to address with ot ... [Read More]
- 12:57:18, May 18th 2016 - Combat Veteran (Derek) - @ Paul: I agree with 100% with what you said there, asking ... [Read More]
- 10:52:23, May 17th 2016 - Paul - Obviously the commandment to love one another is not so straight forward. You ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 19th, 2013
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Marvel LaRue Marie Ode, 99, of Lanesboro, Minn. died Monday, April 15, 2013, at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford, Minn, where she had resided since January 2012.
Marvel LaRue Marie Mundt was born Sept. 27, 1913, in Ossian, Iowa. She grew up in Ossian and graduated from high school in 1932. She completed a teaching certificate from Iowa State Teachers College in Cedar Falls, Iowa, and taught in a one-room school. On June 11, 1937, Marvel married Walter J. Ode of Decorah, Iowa, in Castalia, Iowa. Walter died Feb. 26, 2001. They first farmed in the Decorah area and later moved to Lanesboro in 1947 where Walter and his partner Paul Evenson established the Lanesboro Sales Commission. Walter and Marvel raised six children together.
She was a member of Bethlehem Lutheran Church, WELCA, and Lanesboro Golf Club. She enjoyed bowling, horseback riding, square and ballroom dancing, Norwegian baking and made an afghan for all her grandchildren, She also enjoyed vegetable and flower gardening, and was an avid Twins baseball fan. Her family was always first.
Survivors include three sons, Carson (Constance) of Des Moines, Iowa; Gerald (Patricia) of Roseville, Minn, and Wayne (Trudy) of St. Charles, Minn; a daughter, Diane (Gary) Roddy of Lanesboro; 14 grandchildren; and 20 great-grandchildren.
Marvel was preceded in death by her husband; two daughters, Linda Root and Peggy Ode; three brothers, Glen Mundt, Lloyd Mundt, Leslie Mundt; and three sisters, Viola Birdsell, Ruth Kallevang and Mildred Lofte.
The funeral for Marvel Ode was held Friday, April 19, 2013, at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Kerry Eversole officiating. Burial was in the Lanesboro Cemetery.