"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 19th, 2013
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Posted in Lanesboro Obituaries
Marvel LaRue Marie Ode, 99, of Lanesboro, Minn. died Monday, April 15, 2013, at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford, Minn, where she had resided since January 2012.
Marvel LaRue Marie Mundt was born Sept. 27, 1913, in Ossian, Iowa. She grew up in Ossian and graduated from high school in 1932. She completed a teaching certificate from Iowa State Teachers College in Cedar Falls, Iowa, and taught in a one-room school. On June 11, 1937, Marvel married Walter J. Ode of Decorah, Iowa, in Castalia, Iowa. Walter died Feb. 26, 2001. They first farmed in the Decorah area and later moved to Lanesboro in 1947 where Walter and his partner Paul Evenson established the Lanesboro Sales Commission. Walter and Marvel raised six children together.
She was a member of Bethlehem Lutheran Church, WELCA, and Lanesboro Golf Club. She enjoyed bowling, horseback riding, square and ballroom dancing, Norwegian baking and made an afghan for all her grandchildren, She also enjoyed vegetable and flower gardening, and was an avid Twins baseball fan. Her family was always first.
Survivors include three sons, Carson (Constance) of Des Moines, Iowa; Gerald (Patricia) of Roseville, Minn, and Wayne (Trudy) of St. Charles, Minn; a daughter, Diane (Gary) Roddy of Lanesboro; 14 grandchildren; and 20 great-grandchildren.
Marvel was preceded in death by her husband; two daughters, Linda Root and Peggy Ode; three brothers, Glen Mundt, Lloyd Mundt, Leslie Mundt; and three sisters, Viola Birdsell, Ruth Kallevang and Mildred Lofte.
The funeral for Marvel Ode was held Friday, April 19, 2013, at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Kerry Eversole officiating. Burial was in the Lanesboro Cemetery.